Suisun Bay-san Francisco Sky Textures Missing

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Rybnicki, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've had issues on the above route since I first got it - everything appears normal except the sky over San Francisco itself. It's got thick yellow/black lines and, well, as you see in the screenshot attached. Any ideas what might cause this? I *might* have installed a weather mod a few years ago, probably that right?
    20220726030104_1.jpg

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Yes, the files were definitely modified. Seems a cloud layer is missing a texture. The DLC uses its own sky, so make sure that the folder

RailWorks\Assets\G-TraX\SNRySouth

only contains the file

SNRySouthAssets.ap

Also delete the file "blueprints.pak"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rybnicki

As always, one of the most helpful people on here, I'll give it a go!

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Well thank you for the flowers, but, you know, don't pay the ferryman... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rybnicki

Weird thing where it worked once then went straight back to the failed load-in on the next scenario. Increasingly a long shot for knowing what specifically is going wrong but I'm open to suggestions..

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

AP for example modifies the default and most used RailSimulatorCore weather blueprints ("1. Clear", "2. Cloudy", etc...), so they might look strange on routes not using the AP TimeOfDay folders.

On which scenario are you experiencing the broken sky?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Rybnicki

I haven't checked all of them, but the only one I haven't had an issue with yet was 4b (Train 10 part 2). Did that with no issue, then part 3 (4c) was back to the same problem. It also came up on a quick drive test with other stock. I tried uninstalling AP Weather, cleared the cache and deleted the blueprint.pak and still no change.

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Just checked the scenarios. 4b uses Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\SL_Clear.xml ("3D 1. Clear" - which is also used in QD) whereas 4c uses G-TraX\SNRySouth\SN Cloudy.xml ("SN Cloudy with Wind") - so it is not affected by any weather mod. (provided the SN DLC is not modified)

I recommend unticking the Sacramento Northern DLC, deleting the Assets folder G-TraX\SNRySouth and reticking it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Rybnicki

Tried that also:( Thanks for the patience but I think this might just be an unsolvable issue without getting someone into my hard drive. I'm sure I'll have something different to ask soon!

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Last resort is always a file verification...