Uninstall Or Not

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jpantera, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Gave NTP a spin last night driving a 40 on the 1948 from Manchester to Vic. Enjoying it thoroughly then after passing through Marsden on clear signals I then get to Huddersfields first signal at Red. No distant or prior yellow signal. Only managed to stop as I had looked the HUD for something and threw the lot in. Got to Huddersfield and switched it off.

Always enjoyed the route but this has put a dampener on it as the signalling in my eyes needs to be done correctly especially as a SPAD is game over.

Now pondering whether to uninstall the lot again as I rarely play and could use the HD space.

• Like Like x 1
  2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

If you rarely play and need the space then uninstall. There's nothing to stop you installing it again another time.

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

If you think about uninstalling the ntp, i doubt also a working signalling system gives you satisfaction.

I never had problems except 2 emergency brakes before stalybridge because my own lack of route knowledge.
    Driving no hud, ntp is always a good experience for me.

4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Was this the signal that was about 10 miles outside Huddersfield Right in front of an entrance to a tunnel?
    That was a red to me and I spadded. I think its a known bug.

Interesting to see a 101 on the line from the depot on an ECS stopped at Miles Platting. I've never seen one on there before.

Hentis

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  5. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

I also think NTP is a v nicely constructed route, would like to see a modern variant of this as well.
    I seem to remember another signalling issue when approaching Dewsbury from the west - the distant was always on and it was way too close to the next signal to be able to stop safely. Maybe it was like that in real life, but I doubt it. I'm hoping TSW3 or whatever it will be called will have improved (UK) signalling.

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Worth keeping it installed. NTP is a good route apart from the signalling issue which DTG should be getting off their behinds to fix. The Class 45 is still the best UK diesel in the game. Although I'm primarily running TSC at the moment, still like to drop in TSW now and again. Rage uninstall is usually a mistake, almost always followed by a furtive reinstall.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jpantera

I know it's never a great plan, I just probably at the moment get about an hour a week for PC games. To spend it getting wound up isn't good. Still installed for now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

No no no no no...................... :D :D :D ;)

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I've lost count of the number of times I've read " that's it, I'm done with this game ", " I'm never buying another dlc until...." or " Mods, please cancel my forum membership ".
    In every case the author is back in no time, playing, buying and posting again.

This game is so darned addictive. You can quit but you can never leave. :D:D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Jpantera

Last few times I have done that I didn't have a 12 ft N gauge layout nor MSFS and TBH what's there to stay for. I have done a run on every route with the different trains available. By now I would have been in the editor crafting new stuff but that isn't so easy in TSW2

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I haven’t got the space, manual dexterity or eyesight these days to attempt a model railway and the price of the stuff is eye watering expensive. Makes we choke when thinking back a few years ago when I sold all my old OO and HO stuff which had been sat in a box in the loft, for a relative pittance on Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jpantera

It's not cheap that I know but I can get away with it as re selling stock means funding the next project is usually do able. With DLC once spent that's it although it's far cheaper.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That signal is notorious, and often reported but never fixed. A red with no yellow to warn of it of course should never happen.

14. SJA

SJA Active Member

Funny you should mention that, as despite a fairly austere upbringing I did get to enjoy some OO gauge stock, track and a few minor scenery items in a small loft space, when I was a kid back in the very late 1980s/early 90s. I remember how giddy I used to feel eyeing up stock in the local toy shops. My grey Class 47 was kept very busy after school!

I think that was sold for next to nothing as well during my latter childhood when I was out playing football all the time. I do miss them though. I spend way too much time in front of screens.