Gwe 2.0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ben#4827, Aug 3, 2022.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

Ok so I get IOW was only 8 miles long but it would be amazing to revamp the gwe route, in this suggestion I'm suggesting DTG should do something simular to what rivet did, but alot more. This project would be controversial but I have seen loads of people who would want this to happen. Anyways, this revamp would add a batch of new things, the class 800 IET GWR, Class 387 GWR and Heathrow Express, and the class 345 Elizabeth line. The route would include 2 new branches which would be the Greenford branch and the Heathrow Airport branch. Services you'd see would be the 800s replicating the class 43 services, the 387 gwr would replicate some 166 services, 387 Heathrow express would operate non stop services to Heathrow and the 345 would be running services to reading and Heathrow. The 166 could make some appearances on the Greenford services. I know this post may be controversial but I'd think alot of people would appreciate something like this and some other people may have other opinions

• Like Like x 4
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As a "revamped route" there are too many changes in layout, signalling and OHLE to be "revamped", so it would be a new route
    As a new route the additions would make it too long, and the additional stock too many.

There are so many other places in the country that could be replicated that provide different gameplay, or even similar to GWR that although "many people say they want the updated Paddington route" you could also say they want Northern routes, the Dawlish sea wall, Bristol Temple Meads, Cardiff to Swansea etc

DTG kinda shot themselves in the foot with GWE, making it too specific so they can't "roll it backwards or forwards" without giving themselves a lot of work to do, but it is what it is.

3. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

True but there should be more branches and perhaps a Crossrail extension.

- Southall to Brentford Waste Terminal
    - West Drayton to Thorney Mill / Colnbrook
    - Slough to Windsor / Eton Central
    - Maidenhead to Bourne End / Marlow
    - Twyford to Henley-on-Thames
    - Reading to Basingstoke

• Like Like x 1
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Yes a million times. I have dreamt of the day we finally get these branches.

• Like Like x 1