Tsw3 - This Is It!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MrSouthernDriver, Aug 5, 2022.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

forum members we have a code red!! TSW3 is happening, in a good way, what a way to end the week

• Like Like x 5
  2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I’m hoping TSW 3 will be an update to TSW 2 and not a separate game like previously.

• Like Like x 7
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Lets just all hold onto our sphincters for a tad while longer before we flatulently let them release with a sigh of relief on Tuesday from 1600.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  4. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

As long as they ditch the old consoles I'll be happy.

• Like Like x 5
  5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Why on earth would that make you happy? It has no bearing on anything and will make a lot of people disappointed.

• Like Like x 24
  6. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I hope that when they say future they mean DLC limit fix...and...lots of memory to use...but just may be TSW 3 afterall.

• Like Like x 1
  7. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yawn. Wake me up on August 10th :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Well let's see what they have to say but I won't be happy if it is a TSW 3 announcement. Reason being that it would mean that DTG have strung us along for months promosing to concentrate on trying to fix the mess that is TSW 2. To then have the nerve to try to charge us for the fixes will really leave me to question why I should part with money for a company with such low standards and ethics

So let's just hope it's TSW 2 updated to something closer to what it should have been in the first place

• Like Like x 14
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Added something to my channel just now, hoping for some discussion there too

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Support of Gen8 has been the elephant in the room for DTG recently. I hope they continue to support older hardware with this " new TSW ". They have every reason to do that and no valid reason not to. No-one with an older console can expect to get all the bells and whistles, but their investment in the game has been an essential part of its existence, and should not be cast aside.

• Like Like x 10
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Where have you been? This is the announcement of TSW3 not a DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

True, but TSW3 will probably come with new routes and rolling stock. That's been true of every annual update.

• Like Like x 3
  13. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I really hope we don't switch over to a new game it's taking long enough to get tsw 2 in a place where it works properly so I kind of hope it's just a really big update for

• Like Like x 5
  14. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Me too. We lost all our progress when we switched to TSW2. I really don’t feel like starting all over at lvl 1 once again…

• Like Like x 7
  15. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Unless U want DTG to lose lots of money, thus impacting in game investment in new features

• Like Like x 3
  16. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Let's see

DTG 1st tired upgrading TSW to TSW2020...Ok?
    Next DTG tired dumping TSW2020 (The broke mess they where never going to be able to fully fix) to start fresh with TSW2...Ok?
    Nex DTG found out all that previously players purchased dlc being left behind didn't set well with there customer base,so they tried porting it over and they had try and fix it all again...Ok?(Look how well that's been going for them.)
    So now if DTG decides to move on to TSW3 what will they do this time? Port everything over again(With more endless fixing to do or just say enough and start over again with only new content).
    Plus will 8 gen get dumped along with TSW2 which would get rid of 50% of DTG currrent headaches maybe?
    No matter how you slice it i fear some of us will lose either way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

DTG have no reason to get rid of the older gen hardware. It doesn't matter to me either way with the PS5, they already make a separate better version that more matches what PC players get. I'm completely fine with that and it keeps everyone engaged and still a lot of people don't have access to getting a PS5. I'm hopeful that if TSW3 is the announcement on Tuesday, that it has the DLC limit fix for PS5 in it as I haven't even played TSW2 much in the last few months since any time I buy a new DLC I have to delete multiple previous ones to get the new ones to show up in game. If we get a new game, those of us that own TSW2 currently, should get a discount on purchasing the new game on PS4/PS5 and especially PS5 due to the headaches of the DLC limit.

• Like Like x 2
  18. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    If TSW3 is supposed to be just TSW2 with all its issues and limitations packed in new graphics and no evolution in other areas like i.e. new, much more advanced dispatcher being able to, let's say, handle trains movement dynamically - then I'll be completely not interested in it.

So I wonder - what do you guys expect from TSW3, if it ever will be produced?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I love the ‘as long as they ditch Gen 8’ comments, what a community :|

at this stage I hope TSW3 is next Gen and PC only. It’s probably the only way they can fix the DLC limits on PS5, to start again with minimal content with more bells and whistles.

As long as they continue producing fixes for TSW2 I honestly don’t care any more. I will continue to enjoy the numerous routes I have purchased for that on PS4.

if not then I will just wait until I eventually get a PS5 and DTG will not get any more revenue from me until that point.

• Like Like x 10
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Why don’t we ignore the troll, and not have this turn into yet another Gen8 themed back and forth?

• Like Like x 8
  21. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Just as long as TSW2 gets all the preserved content Adam has worked so hard on for two years *and* they leave this game with all its trophies working, that’s all I want!

• Like Like x 4
  22. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to finally getting some clarity here.
    I bought all DLCs on PS5 on the premise that they were going to fix the DLC limit issue- so I’ll be disappointed if it turns out TSW3 is a whole new game instead of us getting critical fixes on TSW2.

• Like Like x 4
  23. antony.henley

Well this is the thing No one knows (apart from DTG) and we will have to wait until the announcement on Tuesday. I will be keeping an eye out for an pre release (website update oopsies from DTG in the next 48 hours lol). I do think they will still support Gen 8 but will not hold back on Gen 9. So perhaps less services / layers on Gen 8. As long as its still supported, until the point where its no longer financially viable.

Hentis

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

Its possible the dlc limit fixes and others are what are rolled into TSW3 and TSW2 wont be fixed maybe the core of the game needed to be rebuilt to fix a lot of the issues and just issuing a patch does not fix things then we wonder if it uses Unreal engine 5 maybe it will or maybe just the same or very slightly newer version of what it already uses. The foundation of the game needs to be stable otherwise the whole thing could collapse on itself. They need to get the basics right

• Like Like x 2
  25. SHINO BAZ

Wait there is one other possibility what if it's DTG announcing just trains 1st DLC for TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

its a possibility but would seem a bit overkill just for a new route

27. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’d certainly hope that the most crippling issues with TSW 2 are fixed upon launch of TSW 3.

• Like Like x 1
  28. antony.henley

• Like Like x 2
  29. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

From past experience, there will most likely be a "leak" of a "test" website a couple of days before the planned stream.

So as not to be confused with Train Sim World, Train Sim World 2020 and Train Sim World 2 it will be called Train Sim World MMXXII.

It's going to be a "brand new game" and none of your old DLC will be compatible with the new version. The DTG faithful will of course be more than happy with this and the naysayers will play holy hell until the formation of the All New preservation crew who will introduce a whole new raft of "features" or "bugs" depending on your allegiance to DTG.

The new passenger model will mean that all passengers are non binary identifying and will be invisible so their appearance, clothing or perceived gender offends no one.

There will be aspirations of multiplayer, an editor, VR and loads of other things that will gradually be withdrawn from the new bi-annual road map.

• Like Like x 4
  30. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the day this stream will be happening should be roadmap day.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Allan

Allan Member

Really hope it’s TSW3 for next gen and pc

• Like Like x 2
  32. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

No mention of it being a stream, just an announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  33. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

It was in the Railfan TV Show schedule. When was a non stream related thing last in that?

• Like Like x 2
  34. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

I reckon some of the following will be announced on Tuesday...

TSW3 with improved user interface and HUD refinements.
    I would like to see a more sideways view of selected locos so we can see the selected livery better (& selected weather)
    Fixes to changing the ‘broken’ weather sliders (PS4) and a new dynamic weather option
    Improved (coloured & better scaled) accelerometer in the HUD, names on maps, station announcements.
    The loading of required DLC only to save memory should be working by now.
    Possible V.2 of livery and scenario designer.
    3 new routes (priced as 1 as last year) as a sweetener for all the problems we have put up with this last year

I would be pleased to see any of the above

• Like Like x 2
  35. SHINO BAZ

Here's something i don't think been mentioned yet what about a new country,now that would be big news wouldn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  36. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

As much as would love it, I don’t think we will be seeing routes by DTG in new countries any time soon. If ever. It’s been a good while ago now, but Matt once commented on this during a stream. If one could read (or listen ) between the lines of his answer, it came down to something like: It’s up to third party developers in those countries to make routes in those countries because they have the local knowledge.
    So, I wouldn’t get my hopes up for new countries by DTG

• Like Like x 1
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DAD9E479-E29A-4F70-894F-490E990ECF09.jpeg

The time and date next to a link to YT and a location mentioned suggests a live video launch. It could well be in a new country if they are jetting off to get there a day or two in advance. 1600 UTC is midnight in Japan just in case anyone wonders about what time it is in the place where lots of people want a route set. There does appear to be a missing third launch route in the mysterious roadmap entries. People wondering why there is no UK route listed as in production might come to the conclusion that the other route is elsewhere in the world but the roadmap wasn’t the place for DTG to drop a bombshell like that. Just a possibility of course. Hehe.

• Like Like x 3
  38. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It will be a big disappointment if they launch 3 new routes with TSW3 and not one of them is a UK one. As far as I know, they have always included a UK route with the yearly TSC releases.

• Like Like x 2
  39. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Given their tweet about flying out somewhere, along with the US & DE route on the roadmap, I don’t expect the focus to be on the UK. Especially given how long SoS was worked on for.

40. SHINO BAZ

Next to steam locomotives which the UK has been the 1st to get for TSW2 one of the other most wanted things wanted and perhaps needed is a new country and don't forget it wouldn't be a total impossibity dtg has done a CAN&FRA route,so dtg working toward adding another new county shouldn't be a surprise if it happens.After the overwhelming excitement cause by the pringles machines,we could use something like a new country to balance the game out abit..

41. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

Codemasters are owned by EA, so not sure what they would be acquiring if they went there, unless they are being acquired.

• Like Like x 1
  42. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Maybe its a new DLC of Richard Branson’s Rocket . Only one stop though

43. SHINO BAZ

There is one other less exciting possibility we should consider..With the way things have been going maybe where being trolled abit and matt and the gang are just going on along over due holiday.

44. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Maybe if the road map stream is at its usual time of 8pm in the UK, the clue might be that it will be 4pm where they are flying to and making the announcement from. That would put the place 4 hours behind us. Brazil for example. Any decent rail routes there?

45. antony.henley

If EA Acquire DTG you know what that means dont you?
    Pay to win. Means we will have to pay for everything.

Want a 150 wagon consist for that SD40 £11.99 or 25,000 action points
    Want a FGW liveried HST for use only on GWE £15.99 or 30,000 action point.
    £65.00 buys 90,000 action points.

New season pass (and people thought DTG were being expensive.....lol

:o
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  46. antony.henley

Yeah It has crossed my mind that they maybe trolling us and having a wee bit of a laugh :o

Hentis

47. solicitr

Quite possibly- making a joke out of a very, very short trip to the new route... like the Chatham Dockyard Railway.

• Like Like x 1
  48. antony.henley

49. solicitr

Spending three weeks in Germany seems unlikely

50. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Amen brother