Only One Chance To Make A Great First Impression!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Might it be make or break time for the future of Train Sim World?

The community has seen an undeniable decline in quality during the reign of TSW 2. Not everything was bad, but DTG has to acknowledge that issues were coming thick and fast. So thick and fast, it was impossible for them to ever hope to fix everything. Their obsession with self-imposed DLC release after DLC release inevitably impacted the quality. Earlier routes were, on the whole, much better quality and much more reliable than a lot of later releases and the company had to acknowledge community despair more than once.

Now, it seems TSW 3 is a thing. Has DTG gone back to the foundations, knocked them out and rebuilt them - stronger than they’ve ever been, or have they merely cemented over the cracks? Has DTG really listened to the community and got a solid understanding of what was working, what wasn’t working and what needed to be put of its misery pronto?

Tuesday is going to be an interesting day. However, there is only one chance to make a great first impression!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

3rd first impression :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. I've had a vision. With all the bad performance and flak from the fear of gen8 being dropped. Dtg have dropped unreal engine altogether! There new game engine is gonna be called roblox! Good things dtg will point out about this are things like multiplayer, vr, gen8 support for the next 2 decades, no more microstutters, where there's not much in the scenery department, several new routes every month.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I remember Sim UK a year half ago releasing a video and basicly explains the problems dtg have with TSW2 and if anything problems are worse now than then he even predicted TSW3 would be a thing as DTG cant keep on top of all the issues which I believe is right. If you build a house on quick sand it wont last long.

TSW3 needs to be built on a stable foundation, designed in a way issues can be identified and fixed quickly AND easily! They can't go through another few years of this where they simply cant keep up with fixing stuff.
    I would scrap the collectables as they are not really needed and quite frankly require lots of time to test especially if you have to walk all over the place to get them, so that would reduce testing time. They also don't need huge amounts of services that are almost all identical but at slightly later on in the day as you could not possibly test them all. Its quality NOT quantity we need.

Also TSW3 is likely needed as the trophy limit on PS5 looks like they cant get round. I wish DTG well, they need to get it right this time please!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Hard disagree on that. If it’s in the real timetable, I want to be able to drive it.

• Like Like x 10
  6. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

I'm really annoyed that Dovetail Games have chosen to announce a new product before fixing fundamental errors present for the entire lifespan of their previous product on PS5 that literally made it unable to use all the content I have already purchased, and then potentially locking the fix behind a paid upgrade, despite saying for months that a fix was being worked on. I'll be taking my business elsewhere and discussing it with whoever will listen to make sure your business doesn't get away with this. You had access to the PS5 SDK for years, and your product has been out on this platform for nearly a year. There is no excuse I would accept at this point and will potentially be seeking resolution.

• Like Like x 2
  7. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

From what I recall when TSW went from TSW 2018 - TSW 2020 and then from TSW 2020 - TSW 2 and from TSW 2 - TSW 2 Rushour the core update was FREE. The only thing you paid for were the routes and even then you got them at discount. I see no reason why this is not the same as it has been in the previous years. So in theory the PS5 DLC limit fix should it come bundled as part of the TSW 3 core update
    should be free. With only the routes being paid for.

People are jumping on the fact that DTG have mentioned the title as TSW 3 put 2+2 together and come up with 95, "so it must be a new version of unreal they are using where the old routes are not compatible and Gen 8 consoles will no longer be supported" Which all kinda stems from certain forum members wet dreams of what their ideal version of TSW 3 should look like. Even though DTG have not officially released ANY news about what's in TSW3 (we don't even know if it will be called TSW 3). People are getting so worked up in their own self importance about something that may not even happen.

Hentis

• Like Like x 8
  8. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Agree with you on the collectables. They just feel like a half hearted attempt to get the player to explore the stations on foot (because why bother otherwise apart from curiosity). They're so boring and barely change the surroundings. If they keep them in the future I think there should at the very least be a reward for getting them all in a route. Can't believe there's no reward for that but there is for "drive X train for exactly 62.2 miles without exceeding 70.8563mph". Mastery also needs a rework as well.

I have to disagree with you regarding the services though. I doubt I would have played a third of London Commuter if it wasn't for the packed timetable, ensuring you'll never run out of things to do. There's a reason why people are clamouring for the improved Bakerloo timetable. London Commuter proves that large timetables can work with enough time and effort spent on them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

I didn't state anything is going to happen other then them announcing a new product before fixing problems paying customers have been experiencing for a year, we aren't even sure the new version is going to fix the DLC limit yet. However, there is only a small window between when they announce an announcement and the actual announcement to state my opinion and that if they choose to release a paid update locking access to my DLC that they will not be getting any more of my money and I will be complaining to whoever will listen at Sony to get a refund for a product not fully delivered. I play many games on Playstation, and most of them give me the full access I pay for. Not this one. Only this one.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s not all true. TSW2 was and is a separate game to TSW2020. If you didn’t buy TSW2 then you didn’t get any upgrade. It came with some routes of course but it was both a new core game and the routes you paid for. When TSW2 was updated alongside Rush Hour it remained as TSW2 and was a free upgrade. I’d be very surprised if TSW3 is a free upgrade and is most likely going to be a separate game, otherwise it would remain as TSW2 like last year. There were many things wrong in TSW2020 when it was abandoned in favour of a new title and any number of issues could remain in TSW2 (including the DLC limit) when that is abandoned in favour of TSW3, if that is the plan.

11. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Thats true, but in recent releases the quality of routes, for ex.(Harlem Line, Horseshoe Curve, SoS(Steam Tech demo) and The Class 484(Which actually saved Rivets Rep) and DCZ and BML(A lesson learned on being too Ambitious)) has seen an increase of quality, but there has been some very mediocre routes and forgettable releases, like GWB(Why did this idea even leave the drawing board), SEHS(Which has became a hidden gem with the 465 DLC), but tbh though how about if they are gonna pull preserved collection right, how about not introducing brand new bugs which breaks the game