Quick Drive Ai

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playthoseblues, Aug 7, 2022.

1. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Hi There,
    I sometimes dabble around with Quick Drive however have noticed that on some routes (particularly Western Mainlines) there aren't many AI even though I have the box unchecked when setting up the route. Is there a way to increase the AI count? It seems a bit underwhelming heading out of Paddington on the GWML without any other traffic.
    Any help would be much appreciated,
    Cheers.

2. malmac

malmac New Member

Hi
    You can use the build menu scenario editor to either add extra AI to an existing QD scenario or if you are familiar with the route make your own QD scenarios between any 2 locations. You can also run random conflicting AI into loops or portals ahead of your train so you are not constantly running green signals. There should still be tutorials on you tube showing how to do it. I think there was a longish one by Matt P which I found helpful as he makes most of the mistakes you are likely to encounter. The process is a bit clunky but really simple and quick once you get used to it. If you have TS Tools you can use any 3rd party consists or consists from other routes that you own and also add AI to workshop and freeware routes.
    I'm afraid Western Mainlines is fairly unique in that it comes with a huge number of pre allocated consists many of which are not appropriate to large sections of the route so you are likely to see all sorts of weird and wonderful traffic going by. Probably best to start on a smaller more straightforward route if you want to try it out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Hi ya
    I had the same problem, so as other have said, you will need to set your QD own up.
    A lot of the route up to Reading is only 2 lines, so at least its a bit easier to programme the AI.
    I have put QD in 4junks, just so the route is split up into smaller elements to help avoid out of memory crashes
    Using RWE2 (which allows you to add station stops, realtime weather etc) then its easy just to continue the service.
    1) Penz - Plymouth
    2) Plymouth-Bristol
    3) Bristol - Reading
    4) Reading - London
    Also means I can add Paignton and Swansea services to join at Bristol

• Like Like x 1
  4. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Thanks both for your replies, I will have a look into setting this up :)