Tsw 3 Teasers : Compiled Thread On Known Information

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Delta_Who, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

The viral 24hour video is over now, so this first post will no longer change. The rest of this thread is discussing the post-TSW 3 announcement!

So what we know so far/speculation :

Directly shown*
    - New lighting overhaul : surfaces appear to be "photometric" to some capacity resulting in higher overall scene exposure. Colour properly desaturates in direct sunlight. Clouds will reduce exposure (since the power of sunlit surfaces is reduced)
    - Cloud overhaul : Appears to be volumetric and more layered. Cloud layers are more visibly affected by the wind. Clouds do cast a shadow on the terrain.
    - Potential dynamic weather : Clouds on the livestream can slowly accumulate overtime. At 17:16:00 on the stream, an umbrella dances across the screen. 08:22:00 rain and heavy cloud cover is shown on stream. DTG social media accounts have also changed profile pictures to reflect different types of weather over the past 24 hours. Thunder and lightning at 04:00:00 (Thanks for the jumpscare DTG :/)
    - More emphasis on long-distance backdrops, with more defined mountains.
    - Emphasis on environmental ambience/dioramas : Moving birds, hot air balloons etc. "Experience the Ambience"
    - Particle effects : Pollen and Dust
    - More prominent soundscapes
    - Sparks : Emphasis on third rail and overhead catenary similar to IOW. Leaked by JD a few weeks prior. 03:50:00 relay boxes and pylons appear whilst sparking.
    - #MastertheMachine is the official catchphrase for the announcement
    - 17:25:00 on the livestream: Dovetail are very much aware of JDs leak, and acknowledge it in the video
    - One route is confirmed 90 miles
    - One route is confirmed to be 85 miles
    - One route is confirmed to be 186 km (115 miles) [My god Dovetail... you crazy...]
    - The 186km route has geo-identifiable features. Schwangau castle, which would place this route in German extremely near to the Austrian border
    - ICE 1 confirmed

Speculation*
    - Tease should be for TSW 3. Name was leaked by JD a few weeks ago
    - Potentially three different routes. Based on initial tease post and past DTG precedent.
    - Potentially teasing 1 High-speed loco, 1 Steamie, 1 EMU/Light Rail

Route 1 : German/Austrian/Swiss route? Teased via the livestream. 186km/115 miles long. Overhead line, potentially high-speed. Potential for "long tunnels and big bridges". The third-rail/overhead system is slightly unusual, and there is a chance it could be a diorama. However a Facebook post does seem to affirm it as an actual location : https://www.facebook.com/trainsimworld/photos/a.134518028270441/599238515131721/
    Route 2 : UK? Teased via FB post. 90 miles long. English countryside confirmed as use for stock image in the background.
    Route 3 : USA? Teased via FB/Twitter post. 85 miles long. Potentially Southwest America based on geology and arid vegetation.​

- 24 hour live stream could be hinting at a photo-mode with the camera overlay. There is also some potential hinting in this twitter post : https://twitter.com/trainsimworld/status/1556309247532703744
    - A few morse codes in the 24 hour livestream suggest the names "Talent" and "ICE"
    - The hot-air balloons could be a reference to a famous location.
    - As of 23:56 BST : There are two different sound loops of train passing.

1) Sounds like a regional talent/flirt. 2-3 carriages long https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rfbYEYnUclQ
    2) Sounds like an electric high speed train passing. 7-8 carriages long. Possibly an ICE based on the morse code.
    - The timings of these soundbytes could suggest that these trains originate from the same route (to hint at the type of traffic on the route).
    - Overhead catenary looks similar to 25kv systems... suggesting high-speed
    - "Tiny Clue" riddle. Credit to volvolover1972. Running the code through an atbash and rail fence decipher 3-times reveals the phrase "pop_open_the_brolly." This makes the most sense as it would be a direct reference to the new dynamic weather.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/a-tiny-clue.57108/#post-515501
    Something From Twitter + Undisclosed Location Countdown Stream
    - A post on a German forum, rail-sim.de, suggests one of the route could have "Big Bridges and Long Tunnels" : https://rail-sim.de/forum/thread/38397-dtg-tba-was-es-wohl-sein-wird/
    - Signpost with emojis (Cat, No 18, Wind, Camera, Camera) = Cat-Teen-"Airy"-Flash-Flash. This is a reference to upcoming sparks in the game.

Unknown
    - Carlbot/Google/Freddy Turtle? Could be a joke or a name alluding to a location. Different variations also appear with multiple Carls. Turtles have also recently been part of an advertising campaign by Avanti Trains
    - Livestream Easter eggs including lineside flowers, and "kick-up challenge" billboard. Most likely an in-house joke and reference to improved ambience/vegetation.
    - Claims about TSW 3 being UE5. Whilst it's possible, not all UE5 features are compatible with last-gen. Volumetric clouds are not a UE5 exclusive feature.
    - Comments on the third-rail disappearing on the livestream. The perspective does change, so likely this is a gaffe/illusion. There are signs that point to an insulated, non-load bearing rail still evident.
    - On the livestream, there is an occasional loop of a train emerging out of the tunnel, which is cut before fully emerging. It is unknown what type of train it is.
    - Planes with banners fly across the screen, each with a different emoji message.

08:54:00 & 07:54:00 (Sound, Skateboard†, Atom, World)
    08:44:00 & 07:44:00 (Rock, Car)
    08:31:00 & 07:31:00 (Faroe/England† Flag, VS, Beef†)
    08:21:00 & 07:23:00 (Castle, VS, Ice/Globe†)
    08:15:00 & 07:15:00 (Hourglass, Fire, Cross/D-Pad†, Dinosaur)
    08:07:00 & 07:07:00 (Chocolate, Chocolate, Foot/Banana†)
    - Billboard "What a drag" depicting a sports car

Last edit - 16:54 BST @ 09/08/2022

* - Take everything with a pinch of salt.
    † - Could be incorrect so double check
    NB - When reading times, add plus or minus 1 minute. The clock countsdown, so the times only give a marginally accurate reading of when that specific event appears.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 25
    • Helpful Helpful x 9
  2. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

My speculation is Munich - Garmisch PartenKirchen line for TSW.

Here are some of the clues that lead me to speculate the specific line.
    - The mountain in the background which we can see in the livestream appears to be ZugSpitze (Highest mountain located in Germany), it is also close to Garmisch.
    - Few Morse Codes suggested "Talent" traín (Which I am assuming to be Talent 2, the other Morse Code suggested InterCity Express train (Which operates on that line, but is being operated by ICE T which has ability to tilt in the sideways).
    - DoveTail Games has used #MasterTheMachine hashtag few times, that hashtag was used during the release of Train Simulator 2015, which included Munich - Garmisch PartenKirchen.

Now some other things I've noticed and I belive they are worth taking note of (Doesn't have to be a clue).

- Hot Air Balloons sometimes appeared in the livestream, they could be a clue to some "Iconic" place where it's common to see Hot Air Balloons (or they have something with history).
    - Just Before the train vanishes and Camera "shakes" (I don't know the name of the effect that has been used). There appears to be a headlight in the middle of the train. Since there was a morse code which hinted about ICE, I can't think of anything but ICE 1/2.
    - There was a teaser with a sentence: "BIG bridges and LONG tunnels". That could be a hint of a line located in Alps.
    Take my theory as you want, whether you agree to something or disagree. I am fine, this thread is for theories of what could potentially come to TSW. :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Delta_Who

Where was the morse exactly? Just asking.

Attached Files:

4. dragoner

The Morse code appeared to be a little while after the start of livestream, if you take a look at livestream chat (Idk if it shows comments from the start). they were cracking some morse codes which they apparently found at the tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Delta_Who

Cheers, added some.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Not another post……

7. Delta_Who

Feel free to not post on it.

• Like Like x 9
  8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think the only thing about route #3 is it has to be the US Route, but obviously we have no info on it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dragoner

Okay I'm actually starting to think it's Munich Garmisch line
    When people figured out the letters MGB, they are talking about a narrow gauge line located near Gotthard.
    However me and my friends thought this.
    M = Munich
    G = Garmisch
    B = Bahn
    With the other clues I feel like We are 100% getting Munich - Garmisch PartenKirchen to TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

I was looking around on google for places with turtle in them (cause of the carlbot clue), and there's this borough in Pittsburgh, PA called Turtle Creek, and there's a bunch of lines running near/through it. Could be a coincidence, but thought it was worth adding to the discussion, especially when we don't know what the US route will be yet. brave_22-08-08-21-09-50.png

12. dragoner

Now that I think about it, what if one of these lines had those big rocks near the tracks just like in the livestream?

13. Ant Craft

Hmmmm yes, that's not a bad idea tbh. I'll have a look around.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Delta_Who

Just a note, I'm avoiding putting route ideas in the first post unless we get some really compelling evidence. Though some are pretty good...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ant Craft

Yeah of course, that's understandable.

16. dragoner

I think there will be more compelling evidence by the morning.

17. dragoner

Thought this might be useful while searching. Although not very clear. I found a map of Railroad in Pennsylvania made by Pennsylvanian Department of transportation.
    https://gis.penndot.gov/BPR_pdf_files/MAPS/Statewide/parail.pdf
    Edit: Now I've thought of this. What if it's a line that is being used by Capitol Limited?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  18. jacobfiremanz

jacobfiremanz Member

Bristol has a famous hot air balloon day

• Like Like x 1
  19. johannesk

johannesk Active Member

Do you think the route in the live stream is Munich - Garmisch-Partenkirchen? I mean the route looks really different irl, it has no tunnels and it is single track.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I figure what it is, it's definitely a new route and new region. and something that Adam from the preserved collection team is going to be really excited about. Do you know what is it? I will lock in my answer high-speed train shinkansen- the fastest bullet train

21. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Wonder if it's dynamic weather. Unsure if using correct term but the ballast doesn't seem to have super elevation just a 2D texture.

22. Delta_Who

I was certain this video would loop overnight... but no xD
    chrome_BUAvOkHtxz.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

What's the bounty and do they want him dead or alive ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Delta_Who

I have good word that the reward is a "Pink Pacer personally presented by Peddleston" himself

• Like Like x 6
  25. Delta_Who

Right well, I have to go to bed... so just lemme know if I miss out on anything overnight.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Route Hint #2: 85 miles of Southwest US in the desert, that is all.

27. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Specifically, the southern California desert. Some of the plants pictured grow nowhere else.

28. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That Means OBB Baureihe 4024 4124 S-Bahn Voarlberg 4758. Tunnel seems to be the SFS Wien Linz Lainzer Tunnel.
    You must play them like a Deutsche Bahn EMU because the Immersion Controls not working. Classic Controls Sifa will Trigger the PZB Beep Therefore use a keyboard plugged to the console to get PZB Befehl Delete PZB Frei End Key PZB Wachasm Page Down (German & Austrian Keyboard Entf Ende Bild down arrow) Q Sifa Control Shift Enter Enable Sifa Control Enter PZB H headlight Control R Tempomat/AFB if equipped A & D Keys Slow Down Accelerate non-HSR DB OBB EMU.

29. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Pacific Surfliner, maybe?

30. Blacknred81

The Surfliner runs nowhere near the desert, the most logical route for the Sufliner to run would be out of LA, with the farthest stop being Oceanside, 87 miles away, which goes over the 85 mile mark that the teaser shows. Unless you want to run it north to Ventura, which is 77 miles, but that route has no Ocean Views that the train is known for, but the area around places like Santa Susana sort of match the background. 3719338628_c82bc705d0_b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  31. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I was thinking Tehachapi, but the train sim classic route is only 65 miles so its not that :(

32. Blacknred81

The East side of Tehachapi Pass is also really the only desert portion of the route around Mojave.

33. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Depends if they add anything to it, the Trona branch at Mojave perhaps?

If it is Cajon or another section that we already have in Run 8, then I would like to see the more flexible gameplay mode where you can run locals out to industry spurs, leave the cars there then work them back later to the yard at West Colton or Barstow and hump them into outgoing manifests.

34. dragoner

I suspect theyve made this scenery like that just to troll us.
    They probably know that there is no such route with this scenery, so my best guess? It's a mix of countries that are being introduced (Something similiar that was done for Train Simulator 2014/2015/Classic).

35. dragoner

19ffc30567ddd77a93b9edd0131c9026.jpg
    Rain drops.

36. antony.henley

Well as at 8 hours and 59 minutes to go its been raining with thunder in the distance (no lightning). Also a plane has been flying over pulling a banner with different icons on the banner. Havent a clue what they mean lol.

Hentis

37. Delta_Who

Cheers guys! I'm awake now :) Updated

38. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Screenshot (7).png Here's a picture with the plane in case anyone was wondering.

39. Delta_Who

40. dragoner

Sound, skateboard, atom, earth.
    I dont get it

41. Delta_Who

Could be a reference to environmental sounds both urban and natural?

42. highland beastie

Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (10).png
    2 more planes. I have no clue what a Faroe Islands flag vs a shoe means (considering there's no trains there), same with a car and a black dot.

43. antony.henley

There's also one shows the George Cross flag, a car and other bits as well.

Hentis

44. dragoner

Another plane passed by.
    Chocolate, chocolate, foot

45. Delta_Who

chrome_yuYXqWsVFx.jpg

46. highland beastie

Switzerland's famous for chocolate, might be hinting at a Swiss route.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Dustysideboard

Dustysideboard Member

Are you sure that second one isn't the beef emoji :cool:

48. highland beastie

Had a second look, its definitely beef and not a shoe, which makes slightly more sense, though still not alot.

49. Pablo5

Pablo5 New Member

I hope it's bristol, but it's not the most popular station tbf

50. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If it is what you say. Are Italy playing the Faroe Islands soon? If so, where?