Train Sim World 3 Steam Pre-order

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DeJaPa, Aug 9, 2022.

1. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

Hi all,
    I've seem to be a little confused, I currently have Train Sim World 2 with all DLC's.
    But when I look on Steam for the Train Sim World 3 Pre-Order, I only seem to get the 10% discount on the Deluxe edition as described in the article on Dovetails live page.

Which I don't really get... I already own South East High Speed, the class 465 and Spirit of Steam so I wouldn't be needing it. I thought this would be discounted for players that already own these items.
    Which the same article also describes.
    Can anyone shine their light on this please? It's pretty confusing to me at the moment.

2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Remember that the SEHS on TSW3 is a longer route than the original one on TSW2 and has different features. The end result will be 2 different SEHS routes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

AIUI, TSW3 will only have one SEHS, the new one. The old one will be auto-upgraded (but still hanging around as a TSW2 route, if you want it).

4. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

That's all and well and I do respect that. But it clearly says on their own article that players who already own Southeastern High Speed and/or Spirit of Steam will receive the updated versions of these routes for free.

And currently I do not see that applied to me on steam. Which is confusing me.

5. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi DeJaPa,

As stated in the TSW 3 FAQ: "Players will not be refunded or compensated if they already own an add-on that is included in a Train Sim World 3 bundle. Therefore, we would recommend that players carefully choose the bundle that is right for them."

Therefore, the best value option for SEHS owners would be either the Standard or Deluxe edition. Even then, existing owners will be getting a lot of benefits from the upgraded route.

What is new and improved in Southeastern Highspeed: London St Pancras – Ashford Intl & Faversham?
    • Extended from London St Pancras to Ashford Intl and from Gravesend to Dartford.
    • New lighting and dynamic weather effects.
    • The route now covers 89 miles (143 km) in total.
    • Ebbsfleet Station can be fully explored by taking the walkway across platforms.
    • Catenary and overhead lines have been overhauled to represent the route more accurately.
    • Enhanced signaling and safety systems (TPWS).
    • 5 new scenarios, bringing the total to 21.
    • The Class 465 is now included as standard and a refreshed Timetable.

TSW 3 FAQ: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001033452-train-sim-world-3-faq

6. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

Right and that's why it is confusing me. Because in the article https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/master-the-machine-with-tsw3 it states:
    So in the case you've just explained, it would be most cost effective (for me) to just pre-order the standard edition, since I already own Spirit of Steam? Are you sure (and are there any guarantees) that if I do, I would not loose Spirit of Steam in TSW3?

7. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

DeJaPa,

The following section of the FAQ covers SEHS, SoS and any other legacy add-on.

Therefore, if you purchase the Standard Edition of Train Sim World 3, you will still be able to download Spirit of Steam at no extra cost at launch.

Can I use Train Sim World 2020/2 add-ons with Train Sim World 3?
    Yes, digitally purchased add-ons from previous Train Sim World games will automatically entitle you to the equivalent add-on in Train Sim World 3 (only on the same platform & account). This will be available at Train Sim World 3’s launch.

Please note: The NEC: New York, Amtrak SW1000R and CSX GP40-2 add-ons will not be compatible with Train Sim World 3.

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

So why no pre-order discount on the Standard edition, which is probably what most of us who already own SoS and SEHS anyway would be going for? Might sweeten the deal rather than wait for a sale at Xmas or next Easter.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MMTS

MMTS Member

Is there no Option to preorder the Starter Packs for the single countrys ?

10. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

Thanks for your answers DTG-Chris, I feel confident enough now. But I do hope you gentlemen and women at DTG do understand that it's rather confusing to state one thing in the article and quite another set of information in the FAQ. Or I just might maybe the only one who had this question.

Either way, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

Nope, from what I understand is they will be available from launch.
    Only Standard and Deluxe come in Pre-Order form, but that grants you 4 days early acces and the pre-order bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG-Chris

So we will have to re-download all "old" TSW2 DLC's for TSW3 even if they are already downloaded?

So after purchasing TSW3 im "automatically entitle to the equivalent add-on in Train Sim World 3" for all my TSW2 DLC but then i need to re-download them?

Or do i just upgrade my TSW2 when purchasing TSW3 and all dlc routes can stay installed?

13. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

tsw2

Yes, you will need to redownload the add-ons for Train Sim World 3 as it uses different files to the older games.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  14. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

And once that is done one can safely delete TSW2 off one's hard drive?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Sharon E

What I looked at in comparing the standard and deluxe additions was that I could get SOS for $5 US with the discount. I did not purchase in when it first came out since I am not that interested in steam operation, but at $5 it was a "no brainer" to include it.

16. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Just uninstalled tsw2

17. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi martschuffing,

There is no interaction between Train Sim World 2 and 3. Your legacy add-on entitlement comes from your account's digital licenses, not what you have installed. Therefore, you may have Train Sim World 2 installed/uninstalled alongside Train Sim World 3 without issue.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sharon E

DTG-Chris, that is good to know, since once I have TSW3 and have reloaded all of my current content, it will be nice to uninstall TSW2 to free up disc space.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

I will be getting TSW 3 at Christmas as I already have Kent High Speed and the only route that interests me is the Cajon Pass. I will remove TSW 2 once I have bought the upgrade. Hope to see Marias Pass with an ET44C4 and a GP38-2 for the Marias Pass in time for Christmas as that will finish off this year for me perfectly.

• Like Like x 2
  20. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Thanks, Chris for pointing that out.

21. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

What's the difference here?
    • The Class 465 is now included as standard and a refreshed Timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  22. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

As I understand the articles, to get the best value out of the offer, you should not preorder if you already own the items. For me, I will buy the German starter pack post launch. This will give me TSW3 with the German route (apparently the routes are separate entities from the start and likely available separately to purchase after launch), training center and SEHS as I already own it in TSW2. The american route is not very interesting to me.

There is no discount on the standard/deluxe versions if you already own the respective routes in TSW2 as in Steam's eyes those are two different games and hence DLC from one does not qualify for the other. At launch, you will likely get the TSW3 versions of the already owned routes unlocked.

23. 5cip

5cip Active Member

where i can choose the bundle ?
    there is only a buy option on steam for tsw 3 or deluxe version...?

24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

All other versions are not going live on Steam until the release date, i.e. 6th September.

25. 5cip

5cip Active Member

so for preorder im forced to buy the version which is avaible to play on 3 september in ea ?

26. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

No one's forcing you to buy anything, but, yes, only the Standard and Deluxe Editions are available for pre-order, with early access on September 2.
    The other editions will launch on September 6

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

28. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

Oops! Wrong thread... Deleted.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  29. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i cant wait for release i wish it was today

30. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition. I own the SESH DLC but don't have the SOS DLC. So I get three new routes and one improved route.

• Like Like x 1
  31. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i pre-ordered the standard version because i have SoS already :D

32. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

me too

33. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

So am i

• Like Like x 1
  34. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I hope Dovetail take note the amount of confusion their pricing system has caused.
    I know the Sehs extension is an experiment regarding future extensions, but the number of postings on the subject suggest more clarity was required.
    Perhaps in future you should go with just three /two new routes and leave extension dlc's for a later date.

• Like Like x 1
  35. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the SEHS extension and I encourage DTG to do some more. The extension of SEHS alone is around 40 miles, that's more than plenty of standalone routes and worth the price. I'm really sick of 30 minutes runs or 60 km routes and hope that DTG will go with over 100 km routes from now on as a standard. Hope for a Paddington Oxford, Munich Ausburg extension next.

• Like Like x 1