Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'd love an extension to Dover. I don't like having to stop driving a service before it's destination, which is why I'm also a bit lukewarm towards the Eastern extension only going to Dartford. It's certainly better than nothing but could you imagine how much more excited people would be if it went all the way out to Victoria? I think it would be worth the extra effort.

But anyway, thanks for clarifying for me. I think working all day outdoors in this heatwave kinda fried my brain.

• Like Like x 6
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Don't encourage them. They'll be making that the UK core route for TSW4 in 2 years time (if still in business). :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I preordered the game and I can't wait to play it, will the layers for HMA finally be added or do they still have problems?

4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Are the Deluxe and standard packages time limited offers or are these here for the foreseeable?

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I am fairly ok with this announcement. I understand people being upset about the fixes, but we still have some information to get. If I'm not mistaken, both TSW2 and TSW3 run on the same UE versions currently, so porting fixes between the two now shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Question for stream:

With the training center potentially disconnecting rolling stock from the routes, will we in the future finally get rid of the duplicate locos (i.e. the numerous Br143s and Dostos) in favor of the most advanced version (in correct liveries/configurations, e.g. normal Dostos vs VVO Dostos)? With every loco having only one version of itself, a lot of memory could be saved.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

Join some here regarding the Achievement debate. Clearly not everyone collects Achievements, but conversely, everyone in such a community should support all others to find their fun in the game.

For some, these are just Achievements / Trophies.

Everyone should ask themselves, what if DTG bugs my favorite feature, then doesn't fix it for a year, announces a fix and then announces a new game without bringing any help.

Regardless of which feature it is (in this case, just the Achievements), we as a community should draw attention to it together and strengthen our fan community, even if it does not affect us directly. Conversely, you would also want help if it would affect your own favorite feature or ? And if there is one thing we have learned at DTG, only community as a community can change something here.

And unlike other features, Achievements are tied to a version of a game. A fix for TSW 3 is therefore not sufficient, as for example with a sound problem.

I'm behind you guys.;)

• Like Like x 13
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think they made the right call here. When SEHS launched, it was supposed to be part of the ‘HighSpeed’ theme, which while technically it did adhere to, it is more of a commuter line.

Going out to Ashford is much more in line with what SEHS should be, and is a realistic length, combine that with the 30 miles out to Faversham, and we have something, that not more than 3 days ago, would of been called impossible.

The extension from Gravesend out to Dartford is a very nice bonus too, since this is an actual commuter terminus for the line, and I do have some optimism now that we could potentially see the line go out to one of the various London Stations from either Rochester or Dartford. SEHS is now in a prime position to form the base of a network.

So while we don’t have the complete end to end for all services on the route, we have a few now, be it Rainham, Dartford, Ashford or Faversham.

A couple of Route & rolling stock quality updates, and we could have a very solid route all in all. After that some expansion on the available rolling stock would be nice.

• Like Like x 8
  8. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

Woah, very nice words that maybe from the specific discussion somehow addresses a more general approach :)

#fixTSW2achievements

• Like Like x 4
  9. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Just to say, I'm really glad to see features like dynamic weather and a new lighting system (really hope it makes night driving much more realistic!) - hoping to see all these on older route DLC eventually - but what I'm really pleased to see is route extensions, especially on UK-based examples as seen now with Southeastern High Speed - some real great potential for the likes of London Commuter.

But, while I welcome the route extension for SEHS, I'm slightly disappointed the main focus is around the high-speed section - considering one of the new German routes is a dedicated high-speed route - as when I play SEHS I don't hardly drive the 395 as I find the part to St Pancras much less exciting compared with the rest of the route. I would of loved to see more of the commuter lines extended (thus having more AI services), especially so we can use the epic Class 465 even more, although going to Dartford I suppose is better than nothing at all.

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Is this a new game or are the TSW 2 DLCs compatible? I hope not: D

All day in the car, and I still have to catch up with the evening stream. Yum Yum

11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

new game (TSW3)
    All TSW2 dlc and preserved collection will be coming across

• Like Like x 1
  12. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Question: With the new lighting system, will US headlights finally be fixed so that they light up the track ahead realistically or are we still stuck with 10ft in front of the loco?

Comment: In the video it said the new lighting system allows for a proper eye-adaptation effect. In this regard, can you stop making cabs go pitch black in tunnels and at night: upload_2022-8-9_16-28-34.png

Especially in a modern train with all the screens, but just in general, there is enough light (headlights, gauge lights, etc) that once your eyes adjust you should still be able to make out where the controls in the cab are. Right now in TSW2, and in that screen shot, in a tunnel and on the dark night routes it's impossible to use the in-cab controls without turning on a light because the effect causes everything to go to black.

• Like Like x 2
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

And what is the DELUXE edition? No description on the Steam store.

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The three base routes + Spirit of Steam

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will Multiplayer come to train Sim world 3 because my friend told me something about it?

16. AtherianKing

only get deluxe if you want to buy spirit of steam with it

• Like Like x 1
  17. AtherianKing

maybe eventually not currently

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It just adds Spirit of Steam if you don't already own it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

It’s great to see route expansions, the training centre and improved weather come, but the price… is slightly too much to ask for what is featured.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Not at all. As I said earlier, RailWorks 2 had nine routes for around the same price, one of which was Cajon Pass.
    Then they'd need to extend it to Ramsgate as that's where Southeastern High Speed services via Dover terminate most days.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mentioned it in another thread but Ill reposted it here, but please dont tell me this is the final scenery for Cajon Pass itself, it looks way way too barren for the actual area....
    mormon rocks.png 5054-RS-BNSF-3-08-15.jpg

Especially since I have actually been to Cajon itself.....
    82544181_4671939616164738_1289548303128910259_n.jpg
    104818985_4671939672831399_800278005354609104_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  22. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, shouldn't there be some slight glare coming off the computer screens themselves?

• Like Like x 5
  23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Really depends on the time of year. The bottom pic was taken after substantial late winter rain; by midsummer everything is brown.

• Like Like x 1
  24. redrev1917

Not sure if you have heard of the phenomenon called inflation.

• Like Like x 4
  25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes. DTG seem to be forgetting we are teetering on the edge of a recession. Some people are genuinely worried about how they are going to pay their fuel bills this winter with electric and gas set to rise by a substantial amount again, let alone pay £40+ for a mediocre train game.

In addition, reading through some of the posts it seems TSW3 is going to require a RTX or similar level GPU for best performance. Newsflash! Although availability has improved this comes at a huge price as does most computer hardware at the moment. People are not going to be in a position to splash out £1500 - £2000 on the PC spec that seems might be necessary to get a half decent experience. And for consoles, still next to impossible to buy or even pre-order a PS5 in the UK.

• Like Like x 3
  26. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

True, although that was over a decade ago.
    With inflation and the amount of extra work that has to go in to TSW compared to TS, along with a training route and Ui upgrade - I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

It's It's a bit tricky to know which bundle to buy. I have all the german and british route and the US passenger routes in TSW2. Which bundle do I order? bit tricky to know which bundle to buy. I have all the german and british route and the US passenger routes. After having a chat with The British Ace, the German seems to be right, as I will get the British ones for free. So I’ll just stand by.

• Like Like x 2
  28. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Is someone able to buy all of the routes and not all three route packs?

29. r7820rhunt

r7820rhunt Member

Well dam the community for getting my hopes up with talk of shap or the settle to carlisle but I've gotta say a rehash of another south eastern third rail route I didn't buy in the first place is a let down . I think I'm out on this one but kudos to anyone that does by sky sim world 3

• Like Like x 3
  30. AtherianKing

deluxe is only if you don’t have SOS and want it

after that it’s a decision on Whether you want all 3 or just one

spirit of steam edition is SOS only + TSW3 but not it’s base routes

31. a.paice

It’s nice to see they kept the older generation of consoles. I certainly wouldn’t be looking to upgrade at this time as they are too expensive.

You make a good point about the PC’s. PC guys get a better experience but at quite the cost!

As for the £40, it’s the cost of a medium range 00 gauge model railway coach, or a trip to the cinema for two people. We have to start deciding what luxuries we can do without and those that we really want.
    At least it provides replayability and recurring value.

• Like Like x 3
  32. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

Personally for me I might buy the deluxe edition of tsw3 just for the upgrades and South Eastern High speed which I don't own or like the rolling stock but want the railtour option from the route. Also I hope (I know they haven't told us) they make DlOTGW an separate route from GWE as the route looks very wrong and ruins the experience of it being in the '70s' but that's my opinion and I will still get tsw3 while suggesting in the forum what they should add.

33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

2 things,

1) never set expectations based on others’ opinions, especially on these forums.

2) I don’t think anyone really believed that DTG would go too long without releasing a southern DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  34. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I don't want one, but I don't want all three, then what

35. AtherianKing

you buy all 3 or one, unless later they release them separate like rush hour

(prices will vary)

• Like Like x 1
  36. Doomotron

Inflation is not an excuse. RailWorks 2 was more expensive than more recent versions of TS. A training route is not a significant amount of work - I could make it in a day. And I have made routes of that length in TS in a day. They could have hired me and I could have done it. Similarly a UI upgrade is only moving some things around in Unreal. The reason for the £40 is greed, the same reason for BP's £7 billion profit.

• Like Like x 1
  37. AtherianKing

If you ain’t happy with the £40 for TSW3+3 routes then you can

1. choose not too buy it

2. wait for sale

3. wait and see if they do something in future

• Like Like x 7
  38. elatn

elatn Active Member

I have to say this. Dovetail Games does it again. That they are releasing a "new game" which is basically the same as the last two versions, but only with a few visual upgrades is for me unbelievable. I am tired of feeling scammed after buying both Train Sim World in 2018 and Train Sim World 2 in 2020. I was faithful until today. I will not buy Train Sim World 3. As a customer from 2011, I will never buy anything from Dovetail Games ever again. They lost a customer today.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  39. Froof

Froof New Member

Will the traning center also have an ETCS turorial for the RABe 523?

40. Doomotron

As I said in my first post on this thread...

• Like Like x 1
  41. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Would be better if they had ETCS functioning correctly first.

In all seriousness though, I don’t think they’ll of forgotten an entire safety system.

42. Froof

Froof New Member

You dont need to tell Dovetail to fix it lol

43. a.paice

Hey, if I was in DTG’s shoes and thought I could charge a bit more I absolutely would.
    I assume most people would too. They aren’t a charity.

I maybe would of liked to see some new rolling stock. There’s the new ICE and no doubt some new wagons but a new locomotive for each route would certainly sweeten the pot.

• Like Like x 2
  44. amigacooke

amigacooke New Member

I wasn't in a particular hurry to get TSW2 and that will apply to 3 as well.

• Like Like x 3
  45. redrev1917

I've been shopping around and the recommended spec GPU can be picked up for about £650, that said I'd need a upgraded power supply as well so throw on another £100.
    Mulling over if I upgrade my existing PC or just buy a gaming laptop given I'll need to give up my desktop in the next 12-18 months anyway.
    I'm realise I'm fortunate and not everyone has that sort of cash to throw around however.

46. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Blimey what town do you live in?! Where I live film tickets are only a fiver! I've only heard of prices that high in London's West End.

• Like Like x 4
  47. a.paice

I’m North London and it’s about £8 a ticket. Then there’s a snack or drink plus the cost of getting there of course. Obviously you can do it cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  48. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I find it odd that DTG chose the highest end GPUs currently available as the "recommended specs". When I saw that I got real scared about the min-specs given I'm running a 1050Ti. It still serves me well - I average 40-50 fps usually, with dips 25-35 with graphics settings generally on high, which is perfectly fine for me. I'm concerned about all these new effects for TSW3 though.
    IMO, 20 series (and equivalent AMD) should be the highest "recommended" specs right now. I mean of course the game will run gorgeously if you have the best of the best. I'd also love to upgrade, but I refuse to pay over $500 for GPU, so until the 20 series cards start ageing an falling below their MSRP (along with the recent price non-sense) its a 1050Ti for me.

49. Doomotron

Because they aren't a charity doesn't give them the right to charge ridiculous prices - greed is one of the deadly sins, after all.

• Like Like x 1
  50. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I am sick and tired of buying DLC for one route and not being able to do Service mode runs with different stock on other routes.

This is a crucial part of progress that should be addressed, so it acts like quick drive in TSC..

• Like Like x 3