Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Nobody could accuse Dovetail of not learning from their mistakes. Just look - in the old days everyone laughed at them for changing the year on the same product - now they change an ordinal number instead! Progress!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Looks like I'll be getting the deluxe at 45 quid, rebuying SEHS, but at 11.25 a route, plus the new game with its upgrades, it's very good for me.
    Just a little thing; I'd like each train and route to have some descriptive text about its history or its location. I often haven't a clue where I am, its significance or past. Doesn't have to be much. TSW had this abit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I believe the training centre allows you to drive any train on it, but of course that only applies if you just want to have a look at the train. If I were to buy the game I would use that but you may not be satisfied with that.
    TSW2 still had it, albeit in a different place.

• Like Like x 2
  4. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

Will Slade Green depot be included with the SEHS extension and I'm not familiar where the 395 stable at night will be nice to do depot moves

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It is clear from the questions on these forums that the bundles are a huge mess. Many don't understand them and there is a significant missing bundle - namely one for those who want the German and US routes but already have SEHS and SoS. Its as clear as mud, and even when you understand it, rather frustrating. Why not sell 1 route, 2 routes, 3, and 4 bundles? People can choose the ones they want to buy and pay the correct amount?

• Like Like x 16
  6. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Happy to see all the great new weather and lighting features and upgrades in TSW3… looks impressive from what’s been shown so far.

very, very happy to see the first route extension deployed, and interesting they’ve integrated it as part of the big update to drive a wider adoption rate than a standalone dlc add on for a dlc… hopefully their analytics can give a granular view of which customers might be buying into TSW3 to get this based on their owned content, and that might give them the re-assurance to release future extensions for popular routes independently…

certainly, what they’ve done with SEHS is what was in my “would be even better if..” bucket, by running it down to Ashford, giving a nice long stretch on HS1; lots of future potential to perhaps link it up with East Coastway down to Eastbourne, and of course once they’ve done that, enable London Commuter services to Hastings and Ore via the Haywards Heath to Lewes spur :)

with the decoupling of locos from routes, it would also allow people to potentially buy a future Thameslink add on, use it for Rainham to Dartford / East Croydon to Brighton service layers, or buy it as part of a route extension from London Bridge to Dartford for example… quite excited by these possibilities.

stoked for the ICE run; scenery looks great and again, just being able to thump along for a good run will be a blast… I look forward to DTG stretching the legs of that tilting train tech they’ve so far only utilised for TR on a similarly long London to Birmingham / Crewe WCML rendition!!

I’m a fan of the new bundling as well and being able to cut loose the freight pack; already got SoS and SEHS, so £30 for the upgraded features, the extended route and the ICE pack is good value for me

looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  7. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

BNSF Cajon Pass and the ES44C4!!!!! I need this game now! Hopefully we get a GP60M-3 or Spartan-Cab GP60 for a second BNSF loco. We need something new for an EMD diesel. Too many SD40-2s and GP38-2s.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Inflation doesn't affect tsw or any game really since you only have to make the product once. The concept of inflation in the video game world isn't the same

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

No it affects digital goods too because the cost of that first unit and subsequent support for it increases with inflation. Wage costs, heat and light - which passes on to server costs etc sure inflation is about 10% in the UK it makes a big difference. The number of units sold will not be increasing with inflation so...

• Like Like x 3
  10. tallboy7648

Hence why I said the concept isnt the same. Once the product is made, you don't have to pay employees higher wages. Also heating bills don't really correlate since games can be made at home and not necessarily in the studio. Again as was said before, the concept of inflation used in the real world and in the video game world is not the same

• Like Like x 1
  11. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Um, you might want to prepare yourself then for a certain "S"peical "D"uty unit for that second BNSF loco. After all as Matt says, 4000 of these were produced, sooo ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

As an additional bonus, players who already own Southeastern High Speed: St Pancras - Faversham Route Add-on and/or Spirit of Steam: Liverpool Lime Street - Crewe Add-on in Train Sim World 2 will receive the updated versions of these routes for free upon purchasing any copy of Train Sim World 3, including regional starter packs.

13. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Nope, not true, they aren't sacking everyone after each game, these are ongoing costs and ongoing production chains.

• Like Like x 2
  14. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Like quite a few of your posts, that doesn't really make sense. The game is being produced in the real world by real people with real overheads paid with real money.

When each title or DLC is finished the overheads don’t cease to exist. They continue and thus so does the work.

Anything involving money is of course subject to inflation.

• Like Like x 6
  15. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

inflation and its relation to game industry is similar and different at the same time, one being game price standards (currently around £60) are not generally set by each company (though they can be)

it’s a complicated thing that isn’t as “simple” as what’s the price of fuel, though similar things are still influential

• Like Like x 2
  16. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Somebody has asked this question and I am wondering if someone can shine light on this please...

• Like Like x 1
  17. alexjjones6024

A few of my thoughts on this 'upgrade':

1. Will AI now be operating their own wipers when raining?
    2. Will there be an increase in AI in all TSW3 related routes?
    3. If we had OOM issues on Series S/X and other platforms on TSW2, what evidence do we have that this won't be a factor with the new upgrade to TSW3?
    4. What sort of services (examples like Gravesend to Dartford) will be operated with the newly featured extensions (375/465)? (I don't line in the area).
    5. Brake rub features, accurate wheel/rail movement sounds and most of all, new environment sounds? The open world feels so dead and lonely, theres no sort of atmosphere. Hope someone can agree and understand... (station announcements and stuff wouldn't go amiss considering the prices and the lost loyalty with DTG)....

• Like Like x 2
  18. AtherianKing

1. some already do this in TSW2 from what I’ve noticed

that being said, it’s something that would need to be implemented into the process of how the trains are set up rather than whether it’s a TSW3 feature

2. Not an increase that’s needed but a fully filled real life schedule of available locos

• Like Like x 1
  19. markmcqn

markmcqn New Member

Is the ps5 dlc limit going to be fixed when tsw 3 is released?

• Like Like x 3
  20. AtherianKing

here’s a quote from jD earlier what may help your answer, note this is regarding TSW2 so the status of there current work on this area isn’t confirmed into TSW3 that I can find stated

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

No, Slade Green will not be included from what we've been told so far. The Class 395s are mainly maintained at Ashford International, and that depot will be available and can be seen in videos. Too bad the station itself isn't well done... Class 395s are additionally kept at Ramsgate but that's not included. Class 375s, 377s and possibly Networkers are kept at Ashford but they will be moving (assuming the plan is still going ahead) to new build carriage sidings on the site of Chart Leacon.
    Ongoing costs which are helped by DLC sales. The same business model they had in 2007.
    They will be stopping services from Rainham to Dartford, possibly with services terminating at Gravesend. Trains rarely terminate at Gillingham anymore from what I've been told so I doubt they will be in there.

• Like Like x 2
  22. tallboy7648

The price for a video game doesn't keep up with inflation. It's been like that for many years now. Sure development costs can go up and down, but that all depends on what the scope of a particular project. Inflation is not exactly the same in the video game world as in real life in certain areas. The prices for TSW for instance hasn't been affected by inflation at all according to DTG themselves. Not to mention they recuperate money fron DLC sales which is DTG's main source of income for their train games for over a decade. Companies in general can set their own prices or follow industry standard prices for their games.

• Like Like x 3
  23. demon#7085

demon#7085 New Member

Will east coastway & brighton to London routes get new features in train sim world 3. Or I will not be paying 49.99.

• Like Like x 1
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The new SEHS is not an extension.

25. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Weren't users here saying they would pay more for longer routes? Well now's your chance.

Cheers

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. pauham11

pauham11 New Member

I know it's early days, but I hope we get some answers to the following soon:

1. If TSW3 is going to be on ganepass at launch, will game pass users get the pre-order bonuses of early access and the decals?

As someone who already has both SEHS and SoS, I'd rather not pay out for the deluxe edition needlessly.

2. Why isn't the standard addition of TSW3 available for pre-order on Xbox? I see no reason it can't be available separately from game pass in addition to it. Will it be available for sale after the release day?

3. Is it just TSW2 DLC appearing in TSW3? Or will the original preserved collection of TSW2020 DLC be playable too?

4. Will the bugs on TSW2, including red light issues, be fixed still? Or will only the TSW3 version of these routes be fixed? And will they be fixed upon release of TS3?

If an FAQ thread is opened prior to hearing some answers, I'll move this post over there.

• Like Like x 1
  27. demon#7085

demon#7085 New Member

I just want buy standard game on xbox store and will it been available on xbox game pass at launch

28. Callum B.

The FAQ is worth a read.

upload_2022-8-9_19-41-42.png

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  29. demon#7085

demon#7085 New Member

30. Callum B.

That is correct with the exception of dynamic weather. That will be available on ALL routes.

Cheers

31. Callum B.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Older routes I believe do get the Dynamic Weather but without the new clouds or updated lightning.

Also these "ultimatum" posts aren't really helpful. If you think it's worth your money buy it, otherwise don't.

• Like Like x 2
  33. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

No (apart from the whether stuff), and why would they.

34. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

"with TSW - We can do that" - mhm....
    29:00 Minute - 2016 -
    2022:
    No Roles
    No Ebula (route information-system, driviing without HUD)
    no Ko-Op / MP

Savegames? Unknown

Beta-Tester (2 weeks license) - Unknown
    - new routes testing,
    scenario & timetable testing

For a "pixel upgrade", that's all it takes to pay money - no thanks.
    Especially since one has the feeling that one apparently pays for it so that DTG can pay for the license for the software.

over 14 years of DTG in the train simulator business,

Let's wait for the roadmap on Thursday, but don't expect any surprises there.

• Like Like x 3
  35. demon#7085

demon#7085 New Member

What the point of train sim world 3 then if only 3 routes getting new lighting system and weather upgrades then what a joke DTG

• Like Like x 8
  36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I really excited about the new features especially the dynamic weather and other cool features, but did you guy fix the SAVE Button, It would be Pointless if you can't save your progress especially when you are doing a long run.

DTG JD I do have an interesting question, why isn't there a bundle for those who have the southeastern high speed route? My point is i already have the southeastern high speed route already, the only that i don't have is the steam route. Why can't they create a bundle for the steam route that include TSW 3 base game along with the 2 other new route which is the new German Route and the new US Cajon Pass? Does that mean that i have to pay extra just to get the Steam Jubilee Line on top of that getting TSW 3 Standard Edition, that is more than the deluxe route in total, and its crazy. I don't want to pay extra :(:mad:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  37. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

JD Said that the Preserve collection will come across so to your answer is Yes they willl

As quoted on the FAQ

Can I use Train Sim World 2020/2 add-ons with Train Sim World 3?

Yes, digitally purchased add-ons from previous Train Sim World games will automatically entitle you to the equivalent add-on in Train Sim World 3 (only on the same platform & account). This will be available at Train Sim World 3’s launch.

Please note: The NEC: New York, Amtrak SW1000R and CSX GP40-2 add-ons will not be compatible with Train Sim World 3.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

This is a lack of standart that i never saw in any other sim...some routes with original skybox others with new one and Tsw3 routes with volumetric skybox...what a mess...and the there is the lighting issue...old routes with horrible lighting....dresden with another one... and Tsw3 routes with new lighting...i mean...what?...and then...sparks...some with it...others without it...!

• Like Like x 2
  39. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Are all preserved routes repaired and updated or do they still need to get updated?

40. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

As an American freight stuff enthusiast, i really can't wait to get in touch with the Cajon Pass!!!

• Like Like x 3
  41. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I’m excited for this. Mainly because I’m hoping that it would be an excuse for me to upgrade to a PS5… hoping that DTG don’t have a storage limit thing like TSW2 currently has. Also, extended HS1 is absolutely fantastic :)

42. demon#7085

demon#7085 New Member

I only care about England(uk) routes and I have spent so much money on routes & trains on tsw 2 so don't understand why they won't upgrade them for tsw 3 new features etc

• Like Like x 3
  43. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You don't get a free upgrade. You must buy TSW3. This is not the point. The point is why there is no pre-order discount for the standard edition? The image suggests it will be there, but it is not. It feels unfair to all people that already bought Spirit of Steam.

• Like Like x 4
  44. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 9
  45. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If you are not interested in US Freight, you should choose the German edition. You will get Sos update and SEHS for free, so this will do exactly what you like.Onthe other hand, Cajon pass is awesome and you may give US freight a try for a small amount of additional money.

• Like Like x 1
  46. alexjjones6024

Yes it is, what are you talking about?

• Like Like x 2
  47. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

1) no, they won't get the preorder bonuses and early access as TSW3 launches on gamepass on the release day and not with early access.
    2) TSW3 standard edition is not available to preorder on Xbox due to it going on gamepass.
    3) Anything that was playable in TSW2 is playable in TSW3.
    4) Only DTG can answer that. Everyone in the TSW community wants to know the answer to that.

48. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

`Yes it does matter for me and for many others and it sucks completely. This is the second time they do this.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Not before TSW5 I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  50. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Just having a read through the TSW 3 FAQs, and I'm surprised hardly anyone has mentioned about the feature of seasonal timetables so far:

As stated in the FAQ: "Seasonal timetables will vary the volume and timing of services based on the season."

Now I find this highly interesting, certainly feels dynamic in a way regarding timetables. However, my fear though is that I hope the likes of winter won't feel too spare in timetable mode compared to summer. How much variation could be expected? Though on the positive, if the timetables do differ between seasons, that at least it will bring variation to the timetable and gameplay hopefully.

It is, says in the FAQ that it's extended to Ashford and Dartford, while in the TSW 3 announcement video from yesterday, at 6mins 46sec, it's stated SEHS is TSW's first-ever route extension.

• Like Like x 3