Southeastern High Speed Upgrade / Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by daniel#4362, Jul 9, 2022.

1. daniel#4362

daniel#4362 Member

Suggestion For South Eastern High Speed.
    It would be great to see an expansion for the Southeastern High Speed DLC. The new expansion could include a route that connects Dover Priory to St Pancras International. This Route would include the following stops for both the 'class 375' and the 'class 395':

Class 395:
    > Dover Priory [DVP]
    > Folkestone Central [FKC]
    > Folkestone West [FKW]
    > Ashford International [ASK]
    > Ebbsfleet International [EBD]
    > Stratford International [SFA]
    > St Pancras International [STP]

Class 375:
    > Dover Priory [DVP]
    > Folkestone Central [FKC]
    > Folkestone West [FKW]
    > Sandling [SDG]
    > Westernhanger [WHA]
    > Ashford International [ASK]

Real Life Routes:

The Class 395 has a route in real life from St Pancras International to Dover Priory and vice versa and is the main route for Southeastern High Speed as it connects to HS1 (high speed one) after Ashford International. The Class 375s full route is from Ramsgate to London Charing Cross, however could be driven from Dover Priory to Ashford International. Undrivable trains could also be added as background traffic and would come into Dover Priory heading towards London Victoria or Ramsgate, and coming in from London Victoria and Ramsgate. These would include both the Class 395 and the Class 375.

Total Route Times:
    Class 395: Approx. 60 minutes
    Class 375: Approx. 30 minutes

An Extra Note:
    It would be great for the game to include extra traffic for both trains and people while in St Pancras International, In person it is a very busy station, and needs to have more people walking the platforms and more trains (even if they are undriveable) coming in and out of the station in the other platforms, such as Eurostar and InterCity platforms. However, I understand this is difficult because of licensing agreements.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

In terms of expansions/extensions, this wouldn't be able to me made since dtg have said they won't cuz they don't have the tech yet and all the complications like a timetable and stuff.

However, still a great suggestion if it ever can be done

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Even if this was just extended to Ashford that would still make a huge difference. I would also hope to see some scenery upgrades on certain sections on the current SEHS such as Gravesend, Strood, and the HS1 section. Those areas definitely need the most attention. There is also some floating scenery present in various areas. This route definitely didn’t get enough development time when it came to scenery, which is why I’m hoping they revisit this route at some point.

• Like Like x 4
  4. daniel#4362

daniel#4362 Member

100% agree with this the scenery needs an upgrade even if it’s just little things, it feels a bit plain at some stations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

We Should Also Get the BML updated P.I.S Boards for the route as well

• Like Like x 1
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I agree SEHS needs an update, particularly regarding scenery, but I don't think it needs an extension just yet. Plenty of other regions in the UK to explore first before we get another route with the Class 375/395 - though the line to Dover would be a preferable option.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Good idea that's what I was thinking and also to include if we get to drive the shower she's from London Victoria down to Dover and also down to Ramsgate feya Margate as well and if we can have it more busy because the route is not that busy at the moment will I get to be more busy more people more trains

• Like Like x 1
  8. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

• Tunnel lighting needs fixing (I remember Matt said on preview day / day 1 release stream that this would be looked into)
    • Scenery needs looking into / upgraded around entire route.
    • 375 PIS way to big - needs updating to BML spec.
    • Rush Hour passengers ?
    • St Pancras looks to bare, station looks great but is empty other than SE 395's.
    • PIS at the stations doesn't list all calling at stations... eg: Dover Priory trains: On the PIS at stations is says calling at, Stratford International, Ebbsfleet International and Dover Priory? (Should be Stratford International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Folkestone West, Folkestone Central and Dover Priory) Not sure on the other routes ?
    • Dartford Crossing way to small and looks too far away? (Might just be me)
    • What happened outside Stood Station? I get its not in view when driving a train but cmon - little tidy up would be nice. At least finish the roads and footpaths.
    • Same for Rainham station, car park appears to be just mud / soil.
    • Same for Sittingbourne station, car park not finished, surrounding road next to the roundabout not finished and cars are floating. (I know this is not within the station but its just outside the station - kills the atmosphere / immersion)
    • Platform number signs directly Infront of PIS screens at stations... surely not like that in the real world.
    • Incorrect walls used on the HS1 section (fixed by mods for PC) but would be nice for console players. ( CrazyDash )
    Just a few things from memory. TrainSim-Adam & TrainSim-Matt - before TSW3 release ?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  9. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Don't forget the incorrect walls used on the HS1 section

• Like Like x 2
  10. daniel#4362

daniel#4362 Member

Also, some rail pulsing sounds would be great for an upcoming train.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have secretly been enjoying this route the last couple of evenings and while noting the usual caveat that DTG don't "do" route extensions this is one case where an exception should be made. Take the 750v DC section down to Ramsgate and HS1 to at least Ashford or the Chunnel portal. If Eurostar licence is an issue, just sub in the 395's.

• Like Like x 1
  12. daniel#4362

daniel#4362 Member

Absolutely agree, it’s very unlikely that DTG would do a full new route. However if they where to add a few stations to the side, like ashford international, and the 750 Volts DC to ramsgate it would really bring people back to the route.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It took what... 10 years for Victoria to ramsgate/Dover to come to tsc.

There's still quite a wait for tsw.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

DTG JD With todays TSW3 announcement, do you know if the above list of SEHS fixes have been implemented for the updated SEHS route? If not can you pass this on please.

15. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Thank god it can be done

16. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the 375 sounds will be updated to the new AP sounds like on BML

17. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I wonder if the 375 and 395 and 465 will get upgraded PiS boards like London Commuter

18. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

395 kinda did yesterday i was using it and it said Ramsgate instead of the usual boring Faversham

19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Some of the Javelin runs "do the Thanet loop", ie they continue on past Faversham to Ramsgate, then via Canterbury and Ashford back to St Pancras
    Most don't they terminate at Faversham. Maybe you found one of the former?

20. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Maybe