What Do You Thing About The New Routes, Trains And Features Of Tsw3?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Aug 9, 2022.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Please make your comments about the new TSW3 simulator?
    Considering:

- The routes
    - The trains
    - The new features
    - Other issues

2. grdaniel48

I will be the first.
    In my opinion...

Routes:
    > The german one is a completely new, and we have a new train being the ICE 1!
    Which is nice!

> The Uk is an improvement of SEHS, making longer much longer.
    I already have the TSW2 route, so it is no completely new for me.
    Despite its nice and it be longer and also including freight trains too, I also expected could include other UK companies.

> The US one - Cajon Pass - is one of my favorites of this country.
    So I am really happy about it.
    As to BNSF it was expected! So no really great news!
    What disappoints me is the locomotive being the ES44, and not including the newer GE Tier 4 one!
    No information about if at least there are new freight car models..

So in resume:

- 2 completely new routes.
    - 1 expanded route
    - 1 new train

Apart from that, nice new features, as 3d clouds, dynamic weather, better light effects, - nothing about sounds?...- new sparks effects for 3rd rail and catenary, lighting effects, umbrellas...Anything else?

Very important PS4 be considered too, but we do not know about if there will be any limitation as on TSW2, about train lenght, and AI trains around.

What do you think?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

£49.99 for the deluxe pack as well, That's a large amount of money. I may have missed it during the stream but so far there doesn't seem to have been any mention whether our progress will transfer over to TSW3, The progress in TSW2020 being transferred over to TSW2 is still on the roadmap. The Bakerloo timetable extension will probably not be released for TSW2 but go to TSW3 instead. Still no consist editor either. Gotta be honest this is very underwhelming and it probably won't be a day one purchase for me.

• Like Like x 4
  4. grdaniel48

Yes it is not clear about if all we have on TSW2 will be transferred to TSW3.
    It might be!..But let's see.
    They mentioned more details on new streaming this week.

5. grdaniel48

Another issue they did not mentioned, was about the "famous" effect of the wheels at high speed...
    Which is not so great!.

I remember they have mentioned they improved on steam, and they will transfer to the other trains.
    I do not have steam, so the ones who have it, looks nice on the locomotive and cars?

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No, it won't carry over atm. Same as with the TSW2 PS5 upgrade and TSW2020 to TSW2.

7. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

The email sent out says that you will still be able to continue using the 50+ dlc that you have purchased for the previous games.

My opinion is that the entire thing sucks, because I decided to sit out of this generation of consoles, so now everything is going to be PS5 only going forward, and I get nothing new.

8. grdaniel48

That's completely confirmed?
    If yes, not nice news.

9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We're working on profile transfer (mentioned in the FAQs), and still plan on releasing BKL timetable for TSW2 players (it may come a little later though).

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Will the updated BKL timetable be included in TSW3 at launch day (if you previously owned the Bakerloo Line)? Or will it come to TSW3 the same time as TSW2?

12. DTG JD

I don't have a date for you yet, but it's likely it'll come to TSW3 first (as most of the current Pres Crew content will do).

• Like Like x 2
  13. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Not sure about this update at the moment.

I have SEHS and SOS - so it feels like none of the packs quite does what I want. I want a bundle with US and German DLC (or no bundled DLC at all) but as it stands it seems I have to buy a regional pack and choose one or the other, or purchase standard and pay for SEHS again.

Now this is releasing on Gamepass - I also have that so I can play the standard edition there - but most of my DLC was purchased on Playstation so I’d like to keep everything in one place.

I wish DTG would talk to Sony about getting the game on PS plus extra. That would make purchasing the DLC much more palatable.

Oh and one other question - the preorder chart seems to imply that the “free” upgrade to SEHS and SOS are pre-order bonuses. Does this mean that post launch, people who own the DLC for TSW 2 and didn’t preorder, will have to pay to upgrade them for TSW 3?

As things stand I’d probably wait and see how the launch goes and try the gamepass version before making any purchase on PS.

14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I've pre ordered the game. But nothing has been mentioned about the PS5 DLC limit from what I can see which is disappointing.
    IS that now part of TSW 3 and included at launch or am I going to have to start deciding what routes I wish to install. Don't even think the FAQ mentioned anything about it.

Let alone with the prospect of having to start yet another profile. These need to be looked at asap and not after launch.
    Looking at the routes. Yeah they seem ok. Would have probably liked to see GWE complete update and extension to be honest but hey ho.
    Training center looks ok. Wonder if we can walk round there?

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  15. cjheron

cjheron Member

If I purchase on my ps5, will I be able to download on my ps4 too, as I was able too with TSW2?

16. DTG JD

Yes. You can purchase the PS5 version and it will allow you to download the PS4 version.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. cjheron

cjheron Member

Thank you so much for the clarification. I know a few people who have been wondering this also.

18. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Not even seen the stream but count me in, one question which may or may not have been touched on in the stream (will catch up later) but what about the yet to be released PC updates for TSW2 such as Peninsula Corridor, I have been waiting for that one for ever! Are they now going to be mothballed until a later date?

19. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

First of all, great stream presentation (even it was a recorded interview) and once again great moderation JD! All the rumors in the forum of the last few weeks are now over and the facts are finally here. The name TSW3 was a logical consequence, although the game is still based on the Unreal Engine 4.26. The dynamic 3D clouds inspired me the most. The new UI settings and the training center are another step forward. So I'm looking forward to it. This time there shouldn't be any DLC transfer problems, especially the Playstation community can sing a song about it. So great news today... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You won't need to purchase SEHS again if you already own it. You could buy one of the other bundles that don't include it and get the upgraded SEHS for free. Same applies for SoS.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I just realized that TSW 2 still has that issue where it can only use 64 GB of DLC in the game. If this still exists for TSW 3, then that becomes an even larger issue, since we'll automatically own 2 more routes with the standard edition of the game.

Really hope that the PS5 DLC issue receives a fix with this game!

• Like Like x 3
  22. swift19

swift19 Active Member

Any news on the DLC limit? I own every dlc on PS5 and want to get TSW3 but that's a big point for me. Will all dlc be able to be accessed at launch or are we waiting for a dlc limit fix still.
    Sorry if it has been answered elsewhere, I am at work and have had a quick scroll bit couldn't watch any streams etc.

• Like Like x 1
  23. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

DLC limit has been over a year waiting to be sorted, which in part is fairly poor. Looking forward to TSW3. Kind of annoyed that so much has been put into it dev wise (as its released in less than a month) than fixing so many issues that are still present

• Like Like x 4
  24. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I assume that the new content managing tool (formerly known as PS5 DLC limit fix) will be part of the TSW3 core engine. But best to ask again, because I'm interested in it too?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I think the fact JD came into the thread and ignored the PS5 dlc questions says everything really

Edit - How hilarious it is for the preservation crews work updating the still outstanding older routes to TSW 2 standards, will first get released for TSW 3.

• Like Like x 5
  26. Conrad

Conrad Member

The old routes will have dynamic weather update and new lighting or will they be the same as TSW2?

• Like Like x 1
  27. grdaniel48

I am afraid not.
    But could be updated later, as DTG did with the TSW ones to TSW2 recently

28. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

29. grdaniel48

Question for DTG?
    There will be limits for PS4 users on TSW3 as on TSW2?
    I mean shorter US freight trains, and less AI trains on routes?

This is related to another question: Does TSW3 have performance and memory resources improvements vs TSW2?

30. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

No, I'm in a similar position.
    There's no way to get the 2 new routes without buying SEHS, unless bought separately.
    My best deal is the deluxe at 45 quid, which ain't bad as I pick up SOS, but I'll be rebuying SEHS.

• Like Like x 1
  31. grdaniel48

Yes, I was noticing that!.
    I have SEHS.
    DTG says in that case you can get a free upgrade for the TSW3 version of the route.
    But there is no option to buy just the German + USA routes together!
    You can do it individually. But this will be more expensive than purchasing the Standard Edition.

So then, this have no sense!
    DTG may include the option adding a "Simply Edition" (less than Standard) that includes just the 2 mentioned routes.
    For the ones who have SEHS already.

• Like Like x 3
  32. cjheron

cjheron Member

from the FAQ

What are the advantages of playing on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S?

Playing on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S (9th Gen Consoles) will provide a wider range of AI traffic, faster load times and higher fidelity graphics (equivalent to PC High Settings) at 4k resolution with improved performance over 8th gen consoles

33. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

DTG JD can we please get an answer about whether the PS5 dlc limit fix will be coming with TSW3.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. DTG JD

Roadmap is coming tomorrow with this information in a bit more detail. It's in beta testing, and we're hoping to bring it to TSW2 players pre-release of TSW3, with TSW3's version coming soon after release.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

1.) The first German HSR Line to have a late-night freight service. Can be future proofed to add OBB Nightjet service the Hans Albers from Wurzburg to Lohr and Fulda to Kassel. Not for the Aachen Duisburg Services where they run to Lohr then run to Aschaffenburg on Main Spessart Bahn. New Train ICE-1 DB BR401 the 1990s High-Speed Train on NEC Philly 30th street NY Penn
    2.) SEHS is extended to Ashford should have gotten a Class 92 locomotive and ended at Dollands Moor
    3.) Cajon Pass new train ES44C4 owners of Cajon Pass TSW 3 should also get CSX SPG Norfolk Southern HSC CN Oakville ES44C4 versions. Should have a working Hump Yard

37. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

they are cool features, but i feel the game will run back. the ps5 version rush hour routes run significantly worse than basically any other route i've done. add in all the more power hungry features like those clouds, lighting, and dynamic weather. i'm not optimistic.

38. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So wouldn't it be prudent to bring it to the TSW 3 on the release and not after? Alot of PS5 people will be downloading all their routes and expecting them to all show in TSW 3. This is a must that its ready and in TSW 3 at launch and not soon after.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  39. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I see some Major Potential of the ICE 1, It comes with the base game and upon doing some reasearch, The ICE 1 Can could actually function as a substitute of the ICE 3 on HMA and quite ossibly on SKA as AI traffic as well, hopefully this potential doesn't go to waste down the drain

40. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

1. DELIGHTED to see an ICE 1, one of the greatest trains
    2. The German route is an interesting one, if not my first choice
    3. The extensions to SEHS are welcome and will hopefully make international high speed trains possible
    4. A new train with SEHS would have been nice - a 92 perhaps
    5. I don't really do US freight-only routes, so no opinion on Cajon pass
    6. All the weather/lighting improvements look great
    7. Disconnecting future stock DLC from future routes should help
    8. I hope the ICE 1 gets layered into the various German routes
    9. It's a shame you have to choose early access OR the bundle you want

41. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

Honestly, I’m only interested in the North American route. Germany, yawn. I already have SEHS and the 465, so NOT impressed we’re expected to buy that all over again when I already paid for them. Lazy, and frankly, gouging.

The dynamic weather looks good though I’m not liking the time lapse/super fast changing clouds - that’s horribly unrealistic.
    I’m looking forward to improved lighting though and I hope the night time lighting is drastically improved. Fingers crossed

Edit - I see upgrade to SEHS is included if you already have it. Excellent news. Thank you Dovetail :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  42. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, scratching down the new routes it's just:
    • dynamic weather with 3D clouds;
    • better light effects - I wonder if that is related with night lighting as well or is it just some sparkles coming from 3rd rail and other minor sillies like that?
    • Training Center, were you can learn how to drive particular loco and test it/learn how to drive it;
    And that's about that - if I missed something significant, please correct me.
    Also - they even can't tell if your progress from TSW2 will be transferred.

Honestly, it's more like TSW2.1, not TSW3. There is almost no improvement, no evolution in core game instances (like AI dispatcher), they didn't even bother to make the cheapest marketing trick which is always selling new game - making some significant upgrade on graphic side: TWS3 looks exactly the same as TSW2 :) To me, this TSW3 looks like a minor graphic enhancement packed along with 2 new routes and being sell for ridiculously high price.

This dynamic weather and better lighting could be easily just added to TSW2, for free, as to be honest - it should be there from the beginning.

• Like Like x 4
  43. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Its not very clear but.....you can buy which ever single route you want - but they are only available to buy on release 6th Sept not to preorder.

44. gprili80

gprili80 Member

I appreciate the new routes (2) and the effort to produce better graphic effects. But since they're releasing TSW3 also for PS4 and XBO all those things should have come inside TSW2 (alongside fixing bugs and BROKEN trophies).

Also €44,99 (PSN store - standard edition) is too much for 2 new routes and 1 extended route along side some new graphic effect.

For the first time in ages I will not buy this dayone. I want to be sure that 60fps are retained for PS5 and XBX before even think to buy it on PS5 (all my DLCs are on Playstation). Probably I will give it a shot on XBX on Gamepass to check this time if everything is working fine...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  45. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Will ts3 fix the memory limit and Trophy limit

• Like Like x 1
  46. gprili80

gprili80 Member

Another good question that for me will be a "show stopper" if not implemented

47. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I am really pleased that this is being released on Gen8. However, before I even think about pre-ordering I need to see some specifics on how this is going to perform with all the new features, as someone has already asked, has the core code been optimised or are we going to see even more sacrifices to get this to run on the older hardware. I mean I remember when ACC was ported from PC to Gen8 and the compromises that had to be made meant I could not play the game as it looked and played poorly.

Just hoping they have done some work under the hood, so reserving judgement at this point. I mean look at SOS, whilst I am now used to the lower poly count models it does not bode well for TSW3 on last Gen. Hoping to be proved wrong and then I will definitely part with my cash.

• Like Like x 1
  48. transport

transport Active Member

Agreed, being on PS5 is a headache given the fact that I have hit the limit a few months ago…

Also, personally, I think they’ve made a decent choice of routes but have made the price quite high, especially considering their being no discount for players who own tsw2 and/or tsw1.
    Although, even though tsw as a series has been one of my biggest spends of money, I will continue and yet the make the amount of tsw titles that I own 3 - so that being tsw2020, tsw2 and tsw3.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

JD commented on this already, above.

50. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

DTG JD has already confirmed that fix for DLC limit for PS5 will not be implemented in TSW3 at the time it will be released, but "a little later". They plan to release it first for TSW2, and then at some time for TSW3.

• Like Like x 1