Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Agreed. An off-the-rails mode for Timetable mode would be appreciated. I'd love to drive my Class 33 on more than just WSR, but unfortunately for a reason unknown to me it gets excluded from all railtour services. And setting up a scenario with some AI traffic is way too time-consuming.

I want to get in the cab and start driving, with the train I choose on the route I choose. No restrictions. If that'd were a feature of TSW3, I'd buy it immediately, because I've been waiting for such a feature ever since TSW1 released.

• Like Like x 5
  2. demon#7085

demon#7085 New Member

I wait a get tsw 3 on gamepass and will it be on gamepass day one

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Not sure how much variation to expect really. In my country they run the same timetable the whole year, although the timetabled could be thinned down during summer holiday. That could potentially mean that doing timetable mode in August gives you less AI traffic?

I don't know if scenic routes like Arosa have increased traffic during tourists seasons (summer holiday and winter holiday, I assume?)?

4. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Just to make it clear guys, i already got myself the Spirit Of Steam in TSW2. So which bundle should i choose? The standard edition one?

5. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

The confusion arises due to the definition of Extention. Is it a longer route? Yes of course it is. Is it an extension a separate piece of DLC that joins to the existing route? No, it's a brand new version just with more track that replaces the entire route, in the exact same way the Meißen branch was added to NDR.

It just means that DTG still aren't doing extentions as DLC yet, e.g. extending GWR to Bristol as a paid DLC.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I was pondering that earlier in bed. Why not a £25 option for those of us who own SoS and SEHS, to get the upgrade plus the German and US routes. For that price I might just buy in, warts and all wouldn’t even quibble about a pre order discount. How about it, DTG?

• Like Like x 5
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

What about train instances like BR 143 from RSN, DRA, DCZ, etc. Will there be only one correct version left in the game now?

• Like Like x 3
  8. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Its a not a brand new version with more track, it's the same route with a few upgrades, and a extension to Ashford and Dartford.

• Like Like x 8
  9. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

this would be a great feature to add at some time in the future;

10. demon#7085

demon#7085 New Member

Attention railfans! The future of Train Sim World will be arriving at platform Xbox, September 6, 2022. Train Sim World 3 will be available on day one with Xbox Game Pass to play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming

• Like Like x 1
  11. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

BP’s profit has nothing to do with greed. The invasion of Ukraine and the West’s insistence that we cut off our noses to spite our faces have driven up oil prices. BP’s increased profit is no different to other multinational oil companies!

• Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The very first impresion after the very good presentation is just wow. TSW3 apears to be going more into details for better immersion not only for more "flat" the same and the same time after time content. This could be the best yearly summer evolution of the series. Impressed.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

395’s do not stable at Slade Green afaik

• Like Like x 1
  14. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Yep, fully agree. Looking solid! The area views over Kassel - Würzburg looked great and by travelling the route regularly earlier I'm very looking forward to it as it should be spectacular. I'm curious to know if they share some detail which workarounds they found to create those longer routes... although the speculated ÖBB or MGB routes are not in the lottery for now it gives hope for the future.

Giving the price tags- well, the annual FIFA updates did rise up to a far higher extent with offering far less new features - so that's fully ok for me. My 'max 1€ for 1 hour of gameplay' rule is easily extended by TSWs main game anyway - some DLCs are more in trouble in that case.

Just wondering if I'm going for SOS as well now... but overall, nice start.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

This is such a weird expectation that a lot of members here seem to have. Why do you expect a new entry into a game series to retroactively upgrade and update the older versions that have been released and on sale for years? When GTA 5 came out did you expect GTA 4 to then receive an entire graphical upgrade to get to the new game’s level?

Each DLC is its own separate game that has been built from scratch. It’s wild to expect a route released in 2019 to be at the same graphical level of detail as one released in 2022, AND for it to continue to be upgraded into perpetuity. If we were paying a subscription fee for this game then that would be a reasonable expectation, but we aren’t, we made a purchase and received a product.

Bug fixes and performance improvements should absolutely be expected, but to get mad that major core graphical enhancements aren’t carrying over to legacy DLC is ridiculous.

Perhaps DTG needs to word things differently, because again, there’s this expectation that one change in the game should be reflected in every route ever made in perpetuity. TSW routes aren’t DLC’s in the traditional sense, they are their own separate game that you are downloading that has been made separate from the other routes at a particular point in time. When you buy Rapid Transit you are buying a 4 year old game, not one made in 2022. So no, I don’t see why you expect sparks to be retroactively added to every single DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  16. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I love reading all the comments here moaning you’re getting nothing new without seeing the bigger picture. Everyone was moaning about tsw2 and this hasn’t even launched and everyone’s underwhelmed. I see it as

• trains not attached to routes = more loco dlc and easier to TP to do perhaps too.
    • Our first route extension, this is a trial on a newish route for the future. What does this then mean for other extensions (not WCML before you start, they’ve said it’s too old)
    • Dynamic weather we asked for.
    • Better lighting which we asked for.
    • Better ui which we asked for
    • Better training which we asked for.

It doesn’t matter if DTG released a game with 30maps covering every genre with 50 locos, they’d still be someone “meh it’s rubbish”….

It’s been visible from the forums that tsw2 has become an unwieldy mess, I’ll be glad to see back of it if this new one performs better. My dlc is carrying over so happy days. If performance is good, my visuals are not worse, I can still scrape 60fps then I’m happy.

I could sit and whine about tsw2 not being fixed and not getting new bakerloo timetable etc but it’s old now and live lost interest, they suckered me, but, I still turn the sim on and enjoy it.

I said in other posts tsw3 is an update behind the scenes, it’s to try and fix stuttering, to meet the needs of the customer and to tidy up the mess they have currently. They had to put new routes and give us new things to sell it but it’s more a behind the scenes update to carry things forward.

Once the preservation updates are done for tsw2, you’re left with what you left with. If you don’t like Cajon or the German route or you don’t want to enjoy the extra SEHS 45mile then stick with tsw2 until you see something you like.

This update is because they are listening, the second game is not easy for them to work on or for us to enjoy so they have to fix it and they have at annual update.

• Like Like x 24
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The main upgrade that I' most happy with is the new lighting and actual proper shadows. The second is the new UI, TSW2 UI is horrible and to this day I still rather TSW2020s UI.

The SEHS route I really like but you can see it was rushed so I'm very happy that they are coming back to finish the route off.

TSW2 seems to be a broken mess and no amount of fixes will sort it out. I just hope all the old content comes over and the bug in said content are fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  18. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Good to see the volumetric clouds, weather fx and rebuilt lighting. TSW2 skies and lighting is a major bug bear of many of us - Well done team, and yes finally approach control signalling in SEHS.

Do distant shadows from the sun light still end within view, or have they been extended?

Will the preservation crew will be at some point visiting ex TSW2 content and installing the new lighting, skybox and vfx, putting in approach control in routes such as LBN? Has the dispatcher has been improved?

• Like Like x 5
  19. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Come on, are we really doing "EA do it so I guess it's fine"? There's a reason they're one of the two most hated studios.

• Like Like x 4
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Lack of communication, core bugs left in the games for years & frequent releases of ‘new’ titles.

You can really tell that an EA exec is at the head of DTG.

• Like Like x 7
  21. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

You've got a good point going on there but I have one major problem with these nice things, and that is the fact that most of them don't apply to already existing DLC. And that you have to pay again for another game update, essentially. One that does not even get you the better weather ( yes we were told we're getting dynamic weather but not the volumetric clouds for already existing DLC ), it does not get better lightning for already existing DLCs.

We were told in the past that route extensions were absolutely impossible, even though it was shown by the modding community it is very well possible. Now we get an extended already existing route instead of something completely new. Sure, we get two brand new routes, there's at least that.

Trains not attached to the routes indeed a good feature, although I personally didn't really see a problem with it before. But I understand this can be beneficial to a lot of players.

However, I have to admit, you do get a good deal for buying the Deluxe Edition or Standard edition if you haven't had SEHS and / or SoS.

I'm personally a huge fan of the Peninsula Corridor DLC and knowing that DLC won't get any significant update to be up to TSW3's standards really ruins the whole experience for me.

22. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Two questions spring to mind:
    1. The lack of a prepurchase option for the standard edition on Xbox is explained as “Because it’s on Gamepass”. That isn’t an explanation. What has being on Gamepass got to do with anything.

2. I can’t get my head around the four days early access to pre-order customers. Are they getting a dev build? If the full release build is ready and waiting, why is it held up for 4 days for everyone else? If It’s there, let us play it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

So yeah, I know achievements here and achievements there. What I wanted to imply earlier is that I simply can‘t fathom that people care about it so much. „Oh no, my achievement for opening the doors of train XY isn‘t transfer over.“ I‘m sorry but this is such a ridiculous problem. I fully understand the part about the mastery and certain unlocks that come with it, or even the journeys for the routes. But lets turn it around: F1 games get released yearly as well. I‘m also playing them. Am I complaining that my achievements of whatever like winning a race don‘t get carried over? No. At the end of the day, next years game is a new game where you start from 0 again. And in my opinion its the same with TSW3. Its more or less a new game. I mean ok we can have a discussion now if it should‘ve been an update or whatever, thats a different story. But whatever. I‘m gonna get downvoted and attacked to hell now for this :P
    All in all I wanted to imply that we might have more important things to worry about the new game instead of freaking steam/ps/xbox achievements getting carried over to a NEW game.
    But to actually contribute something to TSW3 itself now:

I for one am very excited. The dynamic weather is a very cool change. Also seasonal timetables sound interesting as well. All old DLCs will transfer on day one as well - even better.
    We finally get longer routes - great news.
    And i‘m surprised that this hasn‘t been mentioned more before: Loco DLCs don‘t require a base route to use anymore? Fantastic!
    And we seemingly also get nice effects for the overhead wires like sparks and stuff from what I‘ve heard? Also great news, I remember driving in TSC in the winter and it was just sparking and crackling constantly, I loved it.
    Regarding the routes I can only really give an opinion on the German one:
    Finally we get the ICE 1. Looking forward to it so so much! The route itself will also be interesting, ok no regional traffic really but finally a really long route (186km - wow) where we can actually keep the high speeds for longer times. And in my opinion its the first real proper high speed route for Germany. Munich-Augsburg or Cologne-Aachen aren‘t really the same, they‘re not fully LZB equipped ICE-only railways. I hope that we get some intermittent stops along the way as well. SKA was pretty boring in that regard if you were driving the ICE and HMA also only had Pasing which you were approaching very slowly when you started out in Munich.
    It‘ll also be very interesting to haul cargo on that route at night and having to pull over several times to let the ICEs overtake. I just hope we get a proper LZB implementation for the 185 with a functioning display and stuff. We‘ll see :P
    And from what I understand the british route is a TSW2 route but it gets an extension/merger (?). Which is also great news in my books. Maybe it clears the path for more extensions or even route mergers in the future, which I‘d welcome as well.
    So basically we‘ll get a new improved core game and at least 1 new route. And there‘s still a handful of new routes coming from the roadmap which will then be developed for TSW 3. I mean of course it kinda sucks to basically be required to upgrade to TSW 3 again. But to use my analogy with the F1 games again; you hear people complaining that F1 2017 doesn‘t get updated with new stuff anymore? No? Thats what I thought. I much rather prefer that this is the way than that they would simply waste time with TSW2 and at the end maybe abandon it all together and cancel the whole Train Sim World franchise. But still I can kinda understand the complaints or rather anxiety that some of the existing TSW2 bugs won‘t be fixed. It‘ll also probably happen that way. But sometimes I think its just necessary to move forward. And if the new content gets carried over as well chances still are it‘ll be fixed. And I cannot imagine that all the people who say they want to keep TSW2 and not buy 3 will stay that way… There‘ll be way too much nice new content coming out :P
    But I just guess -especially in the simulator branches where we have some rather „hardcore“ enthusiasts- people simply can‘t be happy with something and always have to nitpick stuff and complain and whine, before the new stuff is even released.

• Like Like x 8
  24. glenn.doig

glenn.doig Member

Has it been clarified as to whether the 375/9 will be upgraded to the same standard as the 377/4 & 387 in terms of Audio & PIS, or not?

• Like Like x 4
  25. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

let's be honest dtg is probably being run by EA cause there is little difference between the two. While i think it's ridiculous for there to be a new game i do understand that it does cost money to make all the so-called new features (which should of come with the game when it first came out) .what would have been better is another season ticket style thing much like last year. I also think as they are going ahead with TSW3 they should give existing TSW2 owners a discount as they are again having to pay for the same game again, much like when tsw1 owners got a discount when tsw2 first came out.

• Like Like x 2
  26. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Just to clarify most people’s position on achievements, mine especially. I don’t care if my achievements carry over to the new game, I wouldn’t expect them to, I just want DTG to leave TSW2 in a state where they all work on TSW2. They committed to fixing them, and I want that commitment upheld now that they’ve announced a new game.

Last time they committed to fixing a broken trophy on TSW2020, they dropped it when they announced TSW2 and we are trying to ensure they don’t do the same again. It is the absolute bare minimum for us to expect DTG to leave the game in full working order when they move on to a new one.

• Like Like x 6
  27. VictoryWorks

VictoryWorks Well-Known Member

Hey everyone knows train fans are all 14 year olds who say "Bruv" and have their trousers half way down their butts!

• Like Like x 4
  28. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

Will TSW routes that came on the original disc version be transferable to TSW3? Don't want to lose these!

29. leyz97

leyz97 New Member

It would be nice if DTG would release meaningful features with TSW3 that actually make a difference.

Of course, improving the weather and graphics is better.

But features like creating real custom scenarios with a real editor, creating custom timetables, and creating custom train formations would definitely make a difference to the game experience.

As a 1st DLC for TSW3 (&2) I would think an expansion DLC would be good:

Namely the complete S-Bahn network of the S-Bahn Munich.

This would be a unique expansion as DLC and I think that many would be willing to pay more for it than normally for a DLC.

And yes, of course these are high demands on my part.

But I am of the opinion that you can have these claims if you have put a lot of money into TSW2 and in the purchase of TSW3 gives even more money to the team / DTG.

The development costs may not be low on many

things, no question.

After a certain playtime, people want to see new

things, which of course is not always possible through DLC releases from DTG.

Therefore it would be very good if you could at least create your own real timetable and your own real scenarios and share them through the creator club.

And if you could create the combination of complete s Bahn network Munich, the existing DLC route and an own real timetable, this would definitely change a lot in TSW in my opinion, because you would have a real S-Bahn traffic in a big city in a DLC, the simulator would get closer and closer to reality as well as this could also be used for training purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  30. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

With TSW2 they issued licenses to those who had TSW2020 on disc. I imagine they'll do the same here

• Like Like x 1
  31. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the headlights issue with the US trains are fixed?

32. ARuscoe

Creating things would be a different experience. Driving them is much the same as a scenario already...
    Basically driving a train is the same as driving another train in essence, so the thing that DTG need to work on is having a DIFFERENCE of experience in the routes they're making and the three routes they've chosen might do that if it's what you're into

Longer higher speed freight on the Cajon Pass route
    Longer high speed ICE in Germany, with looped freight overnight
    Longer high speed on SEHS and more regionals from Dartford to Faversham

33. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Is the road map stream tonight or tomorrow?

34. ARuscoe

Both, they said there are TWO this week

35. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

With the amount of high speed DLC we're getting, I'm afraid your estimate for the average age of our fellow train enthousiasts is about right...

• Like Like x 1
  36. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Thank you

37. VictoryWorks

VictoryWorks Well-Known Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank DTG.
    Thank you for all of the bugs and problems with SoS. Because of those I didn't buy it or get involved in any way with TSW2 beyond the £8 base pack - but if I had I'd have spent £25 to get SoS to now discover that just 2 months later to get those fixes and have any chance of a future timetable that isn't set after a zombie apocalypse I need to rebuy everything again for £30!
    And they wonder why people think so poorly of them.
    Anyway, bullet dodged - there is a reason people are sceptical of DTG, 15 years of experience.

• Like Like x 7
  38. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

No, I was instead more pointing out that TSW3s way of an increased price is more reasonable in comparison to others.
    We all know more fearsome examples with FIFA being on top of the latter- but I'd also count FH5, the eternal Skyrim editions or the horrific GTA 'remasters' all of them leave a much higher feeling of pulling the money of the players packets than TSW3 does.
    And with prices increasing everywhere it was only a matter of time when the videogame industry would get affected... so DTGs approach with TSW3 might be far from perfect and yes, in an ideal world it would be a whole free upgrade, but in this one it at least is between 1/4 and 1/2 of refuelling a car - and that could have come a lot worse.

• Like Like x 1
  39. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I dont care them as well. The mastery gives you a nice scenery, so ill do that with the collectables which can be found on hidden locations sometimes (iow the small lake around brading when leaving tracks at one crossing) .

But there are people need a purpose in tsw, means without an archievment their world is gonna collapse.

For me personally, not care about medals creates an entire new experience. Trains delay in real too, so after a messed service start 5mins behind schedule can bring you in interesting unexspected situations.

• Like Like x 2
  40. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

I do not get the point of the "new game" silliness, again. I do not have enough disk space to keep two TSWs on my system. That means I would have to uninstall TSW2, wait an entire day to re-download all of my stuff into TSW3 and just hope that it works without a myriad of new bugs from the changeover, which, lets be honest, with DTGs track record, is not a given by any stretch. The "starting from scratch" issue is also irritating, even though I couldn't care less about medals and achievements, but I get why people are upset. Continuity is nice, and the collectables is the thing that irks me most, as I see them as a chore rather than a fun part of the game: you have elements like route maps and other platform objects literally missing until you unlock them, and having to do it AGAIN for all the routes just to have the routes looking properly sounds exhausting to me. I want to play a train simulator, not collect random objects. There should be a global unlock collectables feature in the menu, for those of us who are not interested in running around platforms looking for stupid collectables.

I don't get why couldn't DTG just release an update pack like the rush hour one, instead of making us waste a bunch of time migrating to a "new" game, which is just the old game with some updates like always. Update the core game and release the content as a bundle. This new installation nonsense is just irritating.

The update itself and content looks solid, I'll be getting it of course (a bit begrudgingly because of the aforementioned way of release but oh well). FINALLY we get a high-speed route of a decent scale, that will take more than 20 minutes to drive. ICE1 also looks great and will be fun to have. They did not mention the BR101 in the preview video, I'm hoping it will be enabled on the route, that will also be nice. The extended SEHS is also a positive IMO. I've long since advocated for DTG to extend and network their existing routes to make them longer rather than constantly introducing unrelated short routes. Good to see. The American freight one looks nice as well, but I hardly ever play freight so I don't really care about it to be honest.

The interface overhaul is a long time coming, looking forward to it. Also the separation of the tutorials out of the routes is great. There are not a lot of things in TSW that enrage me more than the automatic tutorial that starts with every new route you buy that starts teaching you how to look around with the mouse all over again every time, and when you rage-quit out of it you discover again that all your settings have been changed and the stupid, immersion-killing destination and stop markers have been turned on without your consent. About time that rookie crap get moved out into it's own section and out of our sight :D

The weather updates, the sparks, the umbrellas and other small improvements are also great and also a long time coming, I welcome those very much. Thank you DTG. But - one MAJOR disappointment - there was not one word said about improved passenger numbers and behavior. My very biggest complaint about TSW as it stands, and a big reason of why I do not play it as much anymore, is that the passengers.. well they suck, there is no other word for it. I had such hope for the rush hour update, and other than some more colorful clothing, I hardly noticed any change. Rush hour my eye. I'm tired of driving empty trains back and forth. The new Metro North line is a perfect example of this. You start a train at GCT in the middle of the actual rush hour - and there's like 5 passengers on the platform, three of which don't even get on the train when you open the doors. And then you drive an empty train to While Plains, where you pickup 10 passengers for the empty drive back. Come on DTG.

But generally I'm glad things are moving forward. I just wish they would move forward more seamlessly, without the need to install a whole new title on my system for what is, essentially, not much different than other core updates that came in the past couple of years.

• Like Like x 8
  41. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

A Question that interests me right now. Will the new SEHS have an updated Railtour, I mean with the Spirit of Steam Trains. Would definitely look cool, a Steam engine next to a Javelin.

42. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

First I can say that I love the new features... the dynamic weather is something I've wanted for a long time and the new skybox looks just lovely! I hope the changes to the lighting will make a notable difference, as it has had a lot of issues so far. Also thank God they've finally changed the awful Rush Hour UI, it definitely can't get worse than it was. I think it was the right decision to let go of old structures and go for something completely new. Don't really care about the academy but it's definitely a big improvement for new players.
    But I'm not sure if these features justify a completely new game at all. It's just another way of making us buy TSW for the third time and I'm not thrilled about it at all, especially as none of the routes seem especially affordable (36€!) for me with the experience they're offering. I could spend even more on the standard or the deluxe bundle to get them cheaper, but because I already have SEHS and don't need another similar US freight route that feels like an even worse deal. But I have to say I'm positively surprised you're giving us the SEHS extension "for free".
    So I guess I'll have to wait for an interesting route in the next cycle and a good sale to buy TSW3, which is fine since I very rarely buy full price anyway.

Oh yeah and downloading the entire game again is probably going to take me like a week, I am not grateful for that at all.

• Like Like x 4
  43. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

this is eternally more reasonable. I mean my opinion still stands that I think you couldn‘t give a toss about meaningless achievements in a simulator. But you definitely have the right to have a game with all the features functioning.

completely with you on this one :P

• Like Like x 1
  44. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

First of all I want to say that I'm stoked to see the ICE 1 and Kassel - Würzburg. 186km I a huge step forward in terms of route length, which was often wanted from the community. And the other routes with its 90 and 85miles, good job!

I could totally accept that the UK Route is "just an extension" even if I'm sure it was a ton of work, when the development time was sacrificed due to the promised bug fixes for TSW2. We still talking bugs that crashes your game while trying to finish certain routes. But there was no word pointing that those will come with this update. Do we definitely have to buy TSW3 to get those fixes ? Or will they come as an Auto Update before TSW3 releases? Or aren't those fixes even ready yet ?
    So a bit communication towards those problems is necessary. And please not just over the Livestreams, not everyone has the time to watch them fully.

Another thing is the pricing : as many I think it's great that DTG put out a number of options but I already own SEHS, it's not clear if my route will update and get the extension for free or do I have to purchase it 'again' ?

And when I'm only interested in One particular Route like Kassel-Würzburg, 35,- seems a lot for just one Route and some new features. The Training Center feels like a justification for this price but is something that should be a simply base feature of this Game. In my special Case something I won't make use of at all.

Without the Bug fixes it's irrelevant anyway, they have to come first before I personally will purchase TSW3.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Lets not forget the Class 33. Would love to take it on a few railtours...

• Like Like x 1
  46. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

So just abandon TSW2 because you can peddle a £40 update? Disgusting. FIX TSW2 first.

• Like Like x 6
  47. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

My friend saw something on the main screen on the game, while they streamed

48. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Preorder done TSW3

49. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Absolutely right. TSW3 does not take away anything that made up the experience in TSW2 so far. Instead, it even enhances it with the various new features. Just because they are not the features everyone wanted to see, it's still nowhere worse than TSW2; it's better. So if someone enjoyed TSW2, they will enjoy TSW3.

Also, let's not forgett that the "unfair pricing" is an absolute lie. I've read complaints about discounts and other kinds of benefits from being an existing owner. Isn't 3 routes for the price of one-and-a-half enough of a discount? Are the people really telling me that if the update would have been free, and each route priced 30€ would have been the better deal? What the hell?

The only thing that comes to my mind to complain about is the new logo. Reminds me to much of Project Cars 3.

... bad memories.

• Like Like x 2
  50. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

This! Saved me a lot of typing. Well put and I couldn’t agree more.

I already own SOS and SEHS. Yet, for $50 with the standard edition, I get two new routes and an SEHS with reworked scenery, a new timetable, and significant extensions. The 3 routes total 460 km! And I get the new features which looked pretty impressive in the video.

Granted, I have some things I want to look out for. Have they corrected the braking physics on the US locos? The 185.2 would not have been my first choice in a German freight loco. Has it been updated?

Yet, I am very much looking forward to TSW3. I have logged nearly 2000 hours in TSW and TSW2. I anticipate many more in TSW3. As a bonus, it will import my TSW2 routes.

I used to part with $40 for a single new TSC route which would quickly leave me scrambling to the workshop and scenario pack purchases.

TSW3 is an easy buy decision for me.

• Like Like x 2