Fishing Sim World Equipment

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Haggis McNoob, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

So I’ve been looking through the equipment and such and how much to reels and rods etc effect the game? I seem to catch with most baits but do specific baits catch bigger fish. And what about rods and reels, does it really matter and can you notice a difference or is it all just for visuals?

2. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

In my opinion don’t matter which reel rod line hook they all seem to do the same thing specially the hooks it was like tht on euro fishing

3. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

Well that’s what I thought too, obviously I’m new to the game so wasn’t sure.

What about bait?

Obviously the longer rods cast further but apart from that I’m not seeing many differences. Still enjoying the game though.

4. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

I was getting fed up catching Carp in this weeks online Course fishing tournament so I went down to 4Ib line,size 18 hook/float (could do with adding smaller hooks for ledgering) & the smallest baits & I still ended up catching 20-30Ib Carp so yeah,the size of your hooks,baits etc. doesn't seem to make any difference.

5. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

That’s such a shame, I don’t thing it would take much programming to change that so certain hooks and baits would catch certain fish. Would make the game so much more enjoyable and worth grinding for more equipment. Cause the way I see if now I don’t really need to unlock any more equipment with my tp’s as I can catch everything with the basic equipment

6. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

On Euro Fishing before they ruined it with an update, you was able to in some ways target what fish you want. Small baits mainly caught small fish species with the odd carp here and there, Tiger nuts & boilies only caught Cat & Carp. Even hook size mattered, stick a size 12 hook on and you would mostly catch fish 20lb and under. God, I miss those days!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Yeah,when i'm catching 3Ib Bream on a size 4 & 20mm Tiger Nuts you know something needs changing.
    This really has the potential to be a brilliant fishing game but there's a fair bit of work to be done before that happens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

O yes me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

But I catch tons of bream on 8mm Pellets, even the odd rudd and roach. And single sweetcorn bags me anything from a small (1/4 LB roach) to a 20 LB carp so whats your basis IRL?

10. SPACE ODDITY

You must be having a different experience to myself on FSW & Euro. I would love if you made a video of what your experiencing on Bergsee or Manor Farm if that's possible.

11. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Not exactly sure what you want. I don't have a go-pro so can't do an on the bank vid. But in-game I'm finding d the baits match up with R L.

12. SPACE ODDITY

Sorry, I thought you was talking about the game, my bad.

13. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

No, sorry. Just comparing it to the reality its meant to mirror. BTW in a virtual world you kick my ass. I came in around 230th on the carp tourney and 120th on the course. So let me tip my hat to a much better virtual fisherman.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018