Fishing Sim World Large Fish, Tiny Hooks And Bait?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by MLT24, Sep 29, 2018.

1. MLT24

MLT24 Member

Why didn't you guys fix this from the last game? Put a #12 hook on and tiny bait, and still catch 20, 30, 40 pound fish more than I do small fish less than 8 pounds. Very little difference to when I use #4 hooks with the largest bait in the game. Makes Tournaments for point per fish a nightmare.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I think they intended this game to be like that, they did it with Euro Fishing in the end. They wanted it to be possible for fish to take any bait regardless of hook/bait used. I don't agree with how Dovetail have done it if I am honest. They need to reduce the bite rate for carp and up bite rate for small species while using small baits and hooks. Like Euro Fishing, this game is hard to target small fish without having to land hundreds of Carp in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MLT24

MLT24 Member

It just makes no sense for them to introduce so many different hooks and baits, etc. and act like there is a strategy to catching certain fish. As for how the game plays, might as well just given us one hook and a piece of bread lol. That is how I did it as a kid, but all I caught were crappy.

4. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Yeah I would say it’s just like eurofishing when it comes to landing small fish specially small boss fish seems pointless having different baits etc if u mainly catch carp of all sizes on one hook or should I say all hooks lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Until Dovetail sort this then it will continue to be an arcade game claiming to be simulator. To be a simulator it has to reflect the skills of fishing as accurately as possible but here we are following on from Euro Fishing and its still Carp at all costs. Kind of gives you the impression the developers don't class any other species or method of fishing as well......Fishing! I don't know if this is down to sponsorship from brands being heavily associated with Carp angling that they feel they have too keep going down this route but it needs to change to offer any longevity to the game. I always bang on about Fishsim 2 from yesteryear but quite simply if you didn't use the right bait and tactic for the species you were targeting, then you had very little chance of catching them and on the harder difficulty waters I would spend days/weeks trying to get a bite from a large Catfish to Siamese Carp in Thailand.

Fine with high catch rates to keep people interested but it should end with firstly carp all the time and 20lb + most of the time. As the saying goes there are always more fish in the sea :)

• Like Like x 1