Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap Part 1 10th August 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 10, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (127).jpg

Well, yesterday was quite a day! Welcome to the first Roadmap of the Train Sim World 3 era. Hop in, we’ve got plenty to share. We make no apologies for this being possibly the longest Roadmap you’re ever going to read.

And that’s why we’ve split it into two. Today, we’ll be covering the routes, locos, and UI within Train Sim World 3, and tomorrow we’ll talk about the new feature set – and our Roadmap stream will take place tomorrow (Thursday 11th August), where we’ll try to cover as much as we can from Parts 1 and 2!

Read More : https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-roadmap-10-08-22

Q&A thread here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-3-q-a-tuesday-16th-august.57221/#post-517755

Timestamped live stream, with exclusive clips (check the timestamps for details):

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 19
  2. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

Question for the Routemap Stream:

Is this fix for the Achievements (since it's not specified in the overview list) now for TSW 2, TSW 3 or both versions?

We need a fix for TSW 2 in any case, if these Achievements also appear in TSW 3 again, then also for TSW 3.

upload_2022-8-10_17-8-51.png

• Like Like x 20
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It is not possible to access this from trainsimworld.com. You might want to add a link.

Edit: Link now added at the bottom of the page.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  4. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

Wondered the same thing when I read the article. Please give us an answer in the stream or here.

Would save me the anticipation for TSW 3

• Like Like x 11
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Will the new SEHS timetable…
    1. have enough setup time at the beginning of a service;
    2. human curated timings based on the real 2019 timetable and NOT a computer generated timetable? The timetable in the original SEHS is pretty tight in the Javelin once on the slower track and its difficult to be on time.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

I agree, it would be nice if the fix comes for both versions. As a collector of Achievements, you also need it for Train Sim World 2, so that you can complete this part.

• Like Like x 12
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

English please!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

Uff, that exactly the Achievement Fix is not listed for [TSW2/TSW3] makes me nervous again.

Cement Circle Flashbacks :(

• Like Like x 16
  9. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

Sorry my mistake

• Like Like x 12
  10. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It'd fall into the category of 'we want the fix to be in both, but it'd likely come in for TSW3 before TSW2' (as mentioned with some of the other Pres Crew improvements). It won't come before TSW3's launch though, I've been told.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Should this article not redirect to the Q&A thread in Suggestions? Otherwise we are going to end up with two threads running at cross purposes both containing questions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

Ok, so this is a clear problem from my point of view.

That's how it started with Cement Circle back in the day, and it took over a year of fighting to get the old game fixed.

Then I'm out what TSW 3 concerns, sorry DTG but this is a clear no go after a year of waiting.:mad:

• Like Like x 23
  13. xboxachievementgroup

xboxachievementgroup Member

Another slap in the face after a year of waiting from DTG.

• Like Like x 21
  14. devilxred#4715

devilxred#4715 New Member

Will southeastern HS come with passenger announcements?

15. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

In short, yes and yes
    1. It will vary from service to service but on average, you have something like two minutes to prepare your train before you depart
    2. This is fully based on the real 2019 Timetable, so departure and intermediate timings are all done following that - of course, in poorer conditions it may still be a challenge to remain on time as it would be in real life

• Like Like x 19
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  16. Narkyx

Narkyx Member

Ummm so the current routes that we've got won't get the brand new features announced???
    Is this a joke or am I stupid and didn't understand ?

• Like Like x 7
  17. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

It is also a pity that it is never clear from your routemaps whether you are aware that the Achievement problems also exists on PlayStation.

And now again the Cement Circle action and not fix it for the old game?
    Why did we actually trust you again last time?

• Like Like x 16
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. games4achievements

games4achievements Member

When I hear that already ... no clearer commitment, after actually a clearer commitment was given a few weeks ago for the Achievement Fix.

You wrote it on the TSW 2 Routemap, just because you are making a new game you can't just say you need the new game for it.

The problem is only solved if it is also solved in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 18
  20. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

Achievement Hunter are about the most loyal customers, because we have to buy every track for our hobby.

Add up how much that is and now you leave us hanging again like 2 years ago with TSW 2020. Disappointing, really :(

• Like Like x 19
  21. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

chrome_glsmK2Fqtk.jpg

Disappointing. I'm pretty excited about TSW2 and I don't ever really expect all routes to be updated on release all the time, but I would expect them to be at least a little bit progressive, particularly if it has a visual feature set. So many older routes could benefit from volumnetric clouds and enhance the game, but this feels like another clean slate that DTG attempted from TSW2020 -> TSW2

• Like Like x 10
  22. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

Just a joke how you treat your customers. One year you ask for help, then you promise help for Train Sim 2 and now ... you don't care again because you have a new game.

This wording here is just an excuse!

• Like Like x 20
  23. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

"Here are the longest routes we've ever done!"

BUT

"Save game is disabled."

• Like Like x 22
  24. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

depends what you mean by features

dynamic weather should apply to all routes whereas Lighting doesn’t (Similar thing applies on RT with TSW2, I’ve always noticed it’s unique lighting compared against other routes)

Further developer confirmation on this would help, is there by any chance a list somewhere of TSW3 Features only ?

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Another question.

Where multiple versions of the same locomotive exist in the game, will the new interface make it easier to identify which one is which?

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  26. AlexNHR

AlexNHR Member

As long as you clearly say the fix for TSW 2 will come. It's okay if it comes after the release of TSW 3. Only you have to promise him just binding, that he comes at some point.

After one year I don't care if it comes tomorrow or in 3 months, as long as it is fixed.

I'll just wait with TSW 3 until then and honestly, think again whether I take the risk with broken Achievements again. It's a struggle with DTG every time and it happens more often.

• Like Like x 10
  27. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Those solution is like " Oohh, my car ABS indicator lit up, so something wrong with my car ABS system, but lets not fix it, instead just cover the dash with black tape, problem solved." Are my analogy fit for that case? XD

• Like Like x 5
  28. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

To do that, every route would have to be upgraded individually. Personally, I'd rather have Adam's team spend their time fixing bugs.

• Like Like x 3
  29. coasterflo

First of all, thank you for the answer. Would still be nice if there is a clearer commitment that it will be fixed in both games. Whether first in TSW 3 or 2 I do not really care, as long as both versions are fixed.:|

I think that would reassure at least those who are interested in Achievements. For me, it also has an influence on the purchase decision, I must admit. So maybe give feedback before 04.09 regarding this.;)

• Like Like x 10
  30. transport

transport Active Member

Excellent roadmap and I’m looking forward to the release of all the features and tsw3

31. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Still no save function that works and considering this is a new product why hasn't this been addressed. This definitely raises questions why we're paying for these updates when we should just pay for the route's.

I also find alarming that Preservation Crew is being renamed to work on the Training center. All the new tec in TSW3 needs to go into the preserved routes like Dynamic weather , volumetric clouds as before. I think you need to expand the preservation crew if this is the case.

• Like Like x 8
  32. DTG JD

It's in the FAQs (near the bottom).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. tachionicantitel83

tachionicantitel83 Member

Achievement problem is for me a reason not to switch to TSW 3. I will catch up when it is fixed in TSW 2 and also make it dependent on how Dovetail behaves here and how much you have to fight again for the fix.

In summary, first I am disappointed by the support and help!:(

After something was announced for TSW 2, which is also needed in TSW 2, it should also SURELY appear for TSW 2.

• Like Like x 11
  34. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It would not be “nice”. It is essential as it stops critical parts of the game from working. There will people who have TSW2 and don’t want TSW3 who have paid good money for these DLCs.

I don’t expect improvements and new features (like PIS etc) to necessarily be backdated to TSW2 (athough that would be nice) but game breaking errors and bugs must be corrected.

• Like Like x 16
  35. DTG JD

And that's absolutely fair enough. I get how important Achievements are, and whilst the team have to prioritise improvements against things like the Add-ons Manager, or derailing issues, we are banging the drum.

• Like Like x 9
  36. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

There you have also in any case also a point! Actually, it is self-evident that such problems are to be fixed and cannot simply be improved by a newer version on the market.

Not without reason there are the developer rules at Xbox against which DTG clearly violates here.

• Like Like x 8
  37. DTG JD

Thanks - added in a link to the Q&A thread in the post.

• Like Like x 1
  38. coasterflo

DTG JD Sorry my english is not the best so I have to ask. Is this a humorous answer or sarcasm?

• Like Like x 5
  39. DTG JD

It isn't.

40. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

if somethings intended to be a in a game then it should work or be fixed

If it’s a new feature not already implemented then there’s no guarantee or expectation

41. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

So the prioritization thing is definitely a discussion of its own.

I think the issue is less where it is prioritized, but more that it is done at some point. I can get the achievement even after years, it's about that I can get it in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 8
  42. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Isn't that the whole point of preservation crew to Keep old content updated and fix any issues so I would expect to see the new tech in every route.

• Like Like x 7
  43. coasterflo

Ah ok, then thanks for your reply and for passing it on.

As DBklaus says, ultimately it is less important when the patch comes (timely would be nice of course), much more important that it comes for TSW 2.

The goal of collecting is that you have everything in one collection (in this case TSW 2). That you can collect it in TSW 3, makes just my TSW 2 not complete.

Therefore, the Achievement problem is one that should not only be solved in the new TSW 3 and with a switch as a user to the new version is then off the table.

• Like Like x 7
  44. solicitr

Dynamic weather will already be in every preserved ex-TSW2 route (the weather functionality is already there, all that was needed was a core routine to change the weather state regularly).

But volumetric clouds and especially the new lighting- that would require every preserved route to be torn down and largely rebuilt- one at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  45. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

"It also features some BR101 services, which lets you take the loco to full speed for over an hour and the Nightjet services, which interweave with the freight at night, forcing a lot of freight trains to wait in a siding for them to pass."

Can we get some info on the Nightjet Services? 

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

Please also let us know that the problem exists on all platforms (Xbox Sony and Steam).

If you could still briefly address it tomorrow in Steam, that would be nice;)

• Like Like x 5
  47. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

So... even though weve been waiting over a year for tsw2 fixes and pres collection we are now being treated like 2nd class citizens because TSW3 is more important? That is literally the most anti consumer thing ive heard.

• Like Like x 15
  48. dertobi

dertobi Member

So until the Achievments in Train Sim World 2 are fixed, the red signal that stands between me and Train Sim World 3 is unfortunately also bugged.

• Like Like x 14
  49. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

People need to boycott tsw3 or tsw2 will NEVER be fixed. Itll just be "Its to much effort"

• Like Like x 12
  50. solicitr

That puzzles me as well. The Nightjets are Austrian trains including sleeper cars (which we don't have) pulled by Taurus 1116s and 1216s (mostly but not exactly like the BR182), all in OBB Nightjet livery (which we don't have).

My guess is, they'll just fake it with a 182 pulling IC coaches.

• Like Like x 5