So Called Free Update To Sehs For Existing Owners.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainman525, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Can I ask how I get my free copy of SEHS, as I already own the TSW 2 version?

I quote from the roadmap: "you'll get the updated version for Train Sim World 3 absolutely free with the purchase of any Train Sim World 3 bundle."

If I want the other 2 routes included in TSW3, I pay £39.99. If a new player or a player without SEHS wants to buy TSW3 with all 3 routes they pay £39.99. Worse still with the discount, an extra £5 buys them SOS which has only sold for £24.99 at the cheapest.

So, if I am getting SEHS ABSOLUTELY FREE, why am I being forced to pay for it? Or is it just free for everyone regardless of prior ownership with standard or deluxe editions?

Surely I should be able to have even a 10% discount on the Standard bundle to account for my ownership, paying the same means I pay for SEHS twice despite my so called free upgrade.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Celendis

Celendis Member

To get SEHS extended for no additional cost, purchase either the German, US, or Spirit of Steam bundles. These are not yet for sale. Or, if these do not interest you, simply wait for something containing something more enticing or for a better price point after release.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trainman525

[removed by Protagonist - contributing nothing to the topic]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Trainman525

My issue with the single route bundles is I'm then paying £29.99 for one route. Even rush hour (£34.99 for all 3) routes were offered at £24.99. So I feel SEHS is still costing me £5, at least that would be a better deal for existing owners.

As I would like to purchase both the US and German routes, I'm stuck paying the £39.99, but not exactly understanding why I'm paying for SEHS yet again and why no 10% off deal was added to standard edition which would at least mean I'm getting some discount for buying early. As no discount is offered, I have a long time to consider my options I suppose.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I agree a 7th package with just the German & US route would have been a good compromise, priced somewhere in the middle between the standard package and the regional packages. That said Im happy with the standard package because of the early access but I would have been fuming if early access had only applied to the deluxe version, so I can understand peoples frustrations and why they feel their loyalty hasnt been rewarded.

• Like Like x 8
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  7. Celendis

Celendis Member

I just checked non-discounted US pricing for routes. At $29.99 per route, there seems to be a $10 premium for TSW3 itself. So if you do what I did and get the deluxe pack even though I already own SEHS, I got three (and a half) routes for $53 which is less than the $30/route currently being offered. Even if you own Spirit of Steam, that is still two routes for less than $60.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trainman525

I own SOS so I have to either get Standard or single route edition - no discount available because the fool that is me already paid £24.99 for SOS, which I find a shame that I don't even get a discount.

With standard edition I get an extra route (US) for £10 (Supposedly SEHS comes as a free update). Users without SEHS get two routes for that extra £10.

10. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yeah, the more you already paid, the more expensive TSW3 is to you. Fine for me as someone who held off on SoS, but great for inspiring a lack of confidence in your customer base to buy stuff which they will likely be able to pick up with something else down the line much cheaper.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

There are some people who are excited by a new route/feature and want it as soon as possible, and are prepared to pay the asking price. There are others happy to wait a few months in the hope that there will be a sale and they can get it cheaper, recognising that meanwhile they are missing out on the opportunity to play with the new asset. It would be a boring world if we were all the same with the same desires.

You can be confident that DTG marketing people carefully analyse how many there are in each category.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yep, this is one of those cases where the more you already put in, the less value you get down the line because they didn't put in a NEW route, only an extension to it. (SoS doesn't count as that's only getting the new clouds and lighting, nothing else from what I've seen)

At least with SEHS you do get a fair amount for a little cost if it's only a fiver... Ebbsfleet to Ashford, Dartford to Gravesend, new timetable, new clouds, lighting, timetable, AI at Strood etc etc