Tsw 3 - An Insult To The Tsw Community

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Typhomat, Aug 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

You don’t really believe that do you?

• Like Like x 11
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It's embarrassing really, they talk about understanding the customers and yet with this clearly well rehersed release they have confused many and alienated more. The whole thing smacks of a brand new customers only mentality where they constantly take existing customers for granted and just assume most will upgrade anyway over time so everything is catered for new players. Even the video yesterday assumed you knew very little about TSW this far in.

TSC seems to be for adults, whereas TSW seems to be driven by marketing 101 all of the time. The infographic for the bundles is ridiculous, why make it so complicated? How long will the starter packs be out for? It is the same thing as the season ticket last summer.

It will all be heavily discounted in a few months time and yet here we are worrying over getting 4 days of early access - it isn't a game where you need to be levelled up or race to unlock the endgame content. They have literally taken something from a completely different genre and transplanted it into somewhere it doesn't belong.

• Like Like x 11
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

You got to feel sorry for the preservation team with every new game that more route dlc that need moved to the next game at this rate the'll need to start moving previous dlc a year before the next game comes out just to keep things in check.

• Like Like x 6
  4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There's good reason to worry with dtg track record do you really think people actually getting the game four days early will go of without a hitch.?

• Like Like x 7
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Just read this on the road map, a TSW3 only improvement. Guess if you want to actually play Harlem without the risk of getting terminal red light, you'd better upgrade to TSW3. This is shocking, a game breaking bug left on a route never to be fixed. I am actually speechless over this.
    • [TSW3] Red Light / Dispatcher improvements across multiple routes (starting with Rush Hour routes and Harlem Line) 

• Like Like x 17
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes, because it’s true.

• Like Like x 4
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable.

DTG must really like lying to their customers

• Like Like x 6
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This must be why the new logo reminds me of Crash Bandicoot and does not look like the logo for the next more technically realistic version of a train simulator. Things that make you scratch your head.

• Like Like x 5
  9. tallboy7648

I preferred the Train Sim World 2 logo. This one just looks like a cartoon and something that isn't serious.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

When I first saw the leaked trailer I thought it was going to be one of N3V's mobile train games based on the logo.

Cheers

• Like Like x 8
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If I just saw the logo and didn’t know of TSW already I wouldn’t think it was a serious train simulator with realistic physics. I’d think it was just another of those modular city building type things where your railroad grows and you have to keep extending to progress. It just doesn’t fit.

• Like Like x 9
  12. JetWash

How is it true? Tell us what makes it a ‘new game’?

Looks to me like the same content on the same engine. The rest is a few tweaks here and there that they’ve chosen not to port over to content released before September 6th, but don’t kid yourself on it’s a new game. It’s TSW2 with lipstick on.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You’re entitled to that opinion. I don’t agree with it.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SJA

SJA Active Member

I'm still on Fifa 2020, and have no intention of buying the latest until there's compelling evidence for me to do so :D
    If only I was able to be this concise :D

15. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yeah, even if they cover most of my concerns about the new graphics and how well the toggles will play with my photosensitive issues in the preview streams, and I decide to preorder it to essentially save on SoS, I likely will hold out for a post-launch patch to begin actually playing.

16. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The logo gives me Forza Horizon vibes. A design which lets you know it's more a playful arcade racer than a detailed racing sim like Assetto Corsa.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Great idea!! Make it happen!! :D

Actually, I like " Centre de Formation ".

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  18. stewartforgie

stewartforgie Well-Known Member

I also bought all the British based DLC apart from the IOW route but my purchase was mainly in the expectation that more steam content would surely follow after finally managing to include steam in the game, so to say I am a bit peeved is somewhat of an understatement

• Like Like x 3
  19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's more a rip off of the N3V Trainz logo. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tony Hilliam hasn't been on the blower to Paul Jackson about it already.

20. tallboy7648

It's funny how they said that tsw2 was supposed to be bigger and better. TSW2 was supposed to be a foundation to build bigger and better content only for it to be scrapped.

Funny enough, the announcement video for tsw3 has more dislikes than likes. 1.2K likes but 1.9K dislikes so that to me shows the reception is not as positive or at minimum a mixed reception. Similar situation on the forums so to speak

DTG's 40 minute video of tsw3 has 1.1K likes but 1.5K dislikes. I think it reflects the mixed reception this game has

• Like Like x 10
  21. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow, that's really shameful, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  22. SJA

SJA Active Member

But how many of them will vote with their wallets versus going out there and making first day purchases? I don't even have the data of rant versus purchase, but I know what a bunch of miserable, ranting hypocrites that sections of the train sim community can be :) Some of them haven't been outside since 2008...

I'm always banging on about how much more time I spend on TSC versus TSW, but even I can see scope for waiting and seeing what this new offering has to provide.

Let's just see. Plenty of YouTubers will either be privy to promo copies or make first day purchases. Then, after a couple of weeks, we'll get the real lowdown.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Don't worry. DTG needs to work a bit on the manual fireman mechanics and I'm pretty sure after that we will get more steam content. They didn't develop all the steam tech just for 1 release.

24. tallboy7648

For me personally, I have xbox game pass so I can get the game for free.

Now you are right that public perception can change and that people may buy the game but for first impressions, TSW3 hasn't gotten off the ground quite well so far but it can change. We will just have to wait and see :)

But for an announcement of a new game, that sort of reception isn't what a company would want for their product

25. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Where do you see the dislikes? YouTube turned off the display a while back, and I haven't seen the number since.

The actual comments on Matt & JD's intro vid seem by and large pretty positive (which itself is unusual for YouTube). Review bombing as a tantrum is also a thing now. I wouldn't put any stock in those numbers at all. Pretty sure DTG has even said they never look at the YT comments.

• Like Like x 2
  26. tallboy7648

YouTube obviously. More specifically I got the "Remove youtube dislike" extension for Google chrome a long time ago which allows you to see the amount of dislikes for any video. Just search for remove youtube dislike and the link to the extension will pop up

Not everybody dislikes a video just for the sake of doing so

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  27. karlack26

karlack26 Well-Known Member

I bet you the games exe for tsw3 will still be named TS2prototype.

• Like Like x 4
  28. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

He’s from the “gen 8 ruins everything” clan.

• Like Like x 3
  29. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

That's the hill you're willing to die on, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  30. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I see you haven’t met Stujoy yet.

• Like Like x 5
  31. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

To me the centre/center thing isn't really an important factor. I think it should of been called the Test Thingymebob place. But I do actually understand what Stujoy means.

As for the game itself, I have thought long and hard on what my thoughts are of the SEHS extension. In a way I feel that if, like me, you already own the route and paid for the 465, you're getting a poorer deal than somebody who doesn't own it, or never got the 465. That's the problem I see.

Saying that though. I do think there maybe some good to come out of it. If they are splitting locos and routes, I would be interested to see if you could chuck a train into the timetable to drive. Say, like a Class 101 DMU going to Ashford. We will just have to wait and see though.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

with routes and locos being separate hopefully they can remove the duplicate versions and make sure the timetables all use the best/latest version as default.

• Like Like x 3
  33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, I have to live with me all the time and sometimes wish I had never met me. It can get exhausting. I noticed the Q&A thread had just been posted and thought I’d post the first question about one of the little things that had instantly jumped out at me but is of no real consequence. I hoped at the very least to give the person who decides which questions to ask in the stream just one chuckle before they got stuck into the nitty gritty of the rest of the thread.

• Like Like x 5
  34. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

listen, alright...i think at this point in time 48 hours after announcement we should just let it die down, and people should start to think about the idea of stopping the moaning and just accepting the fact TSW3 is like this, it is what it is. if you dont want TSW3 dont buy it, if you want it, go ahead its your choice not others.

thank you

• Like Like x 2
  35. tallboy7648

It did make me laugh though. Perhaps they should just call it cent ;)

• Like Like x 1
  36. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

It's a new game.
    You and I and everyone else on here can talk about whether the value of what we're getting is worth it or not, but you simply cannot deny its a new game.
    With all the features listed, I'm getting an experience that I cannot replicate in TSW2.
    For instance...
    I'm not getting those launch routes in TSW2.
    Im not getting the Training Center map with TSW2. (This is the largest reason for the upgrade, speaking from a technical side of things)
    I'm not getting the sparks and lightning with TSW2.
    I'm not getting the volumetric clouds with TSW2.
    So on, and so forth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ignoring the watermarks and labels, are you really trying to tell me these two images are from the same version of the game? Clearly, one is better than the other. This isn't some one-off cherry-picked example, you can go ahead at your own leisure and compare two screenshots from TSW2 and TSW3.

Everyone always say the latest COD or NBA 2K game is the same game as last year, but there's clearly something different that was there compared to last year, and these games still generate lots of sales anyways. Why is the case with TSW any different to those?
    They're a new title that enhances and expands the experience on top of what was there previously.
    Same with TSW3.

There are enough changes and tweaks made to the game that make it different enough to justify a new title. Is it worth the X amount of money to buy? That's for any of us to decide.
    I think I'm getting a pretty decent amount of new content for $50, but someone else might not, and that's entirely okay.
    But for goodness sake, it's 2022, please drop the "we're paying for the same game" argument. It's getting old.

• Like Like x 11
  37. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Ah, never heard of that extension.

No, of course not, but "everybody" isn't the issue.

38. tallboy7648

Meh, your entitled to your opinion. Sports games make minor tweaks but the experience is usually the same as the previous title. Reason why it sells is because people buy it regardless. Look at how stale the madden, and Fifa franchises have gotten in the past few years

• Like Like x 2
  39. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

And every year lots of people pay almost double the price of TSW3 for the next version of whatever sports game they enjoy and don't complain this much.

• Like Like x 2
  40. tallboy7648

EA Sports F1 22 received alot of complaints mainly down to bugs. Madden has gotten many complaints for a while and the FIFA game has recently received a ton of backlash

41. bakedpotatos.jm

But still these games are tops in sales year in and year out..

• Like Like x 2
  42. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think it does fit for all the angry youngsters they’re trying to attract to forum unfortunately. That’s why we have the weird song on the advert “click,clack play” I think it was

• Like Like x 2
  43. JetWash

It is not a new game. There is nothing in TSW3 that couldn’t have been fired at TSW2 as part of an annual upgrade. The engine is the same and all of your content works in it.

You’re getting a new UI (which will likely be just as awful as the old one), a sham of a lighting upgrade, dynamic weather that existed in TSW2 by way of Gelaxo’s mod, and weather effects that also existed by way of mods.

The only thing new about it is the name, and the fact that they’re effectively barring you from ever buying content for TSW2 again. DTG do this all the time and have done so since the days of TS Classic.

This is TSW2 with a couple of alterations and additions and a new logo that makes it look like a mobile game. You’ll be sorely disappointed if you think you’re getting a new game. The only thing that is getting old are the people who, like a new born puppy, start salivating and wagging their tail every time DTG tell them they’re getting something ‘new’.

If these shots as part of the promo material people would have saying how great the new lighting looked...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  44. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think there was some new trains, routes and improvements too from what I read

• Like Like x 3
  45. JetWash

That could have just as easily been released in TSW2. A new game to me is a new game, a clean break. This isn't that thing.

• Like Like x 4
  46. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Look at FIFA (or virtually any EA sports game) where every year a new game is released with just a few updates on the previous reiteration. Then you've Football Manager, Forza and a whole raft of games which could easily just update their existing version rather than release a new game.

Its the way games are sold across the industry and DTG are going a step beyond most game publishers by ensuring our collections are maintained.

• Like Like x 9
  47. JetWash

Absolutely. Doesn’t mean they’re new games though does it? Very very rarely do those releases contain anything more than a bit of fiddling. Then stick a new name on it, hype it a bit and stick it up for sale at £60.

GTA III - IV - V - VI are all ‘new’ games. There is absolutely nothing that would have stopped DTG from releasing everything in TSW3 as part of a upgrade to TSW2 and they could have called it ‘TSW2 | A New Dawn’. The costs could have been the same etc and everyone would have been happy. Instead it’s had this lipstick applied and been repackaged to make the marketing easier. It makes the marketing easier because it makes people believe they’re paying for something totally new…and clearly they’re falling over themselves to do so. Funny isn’t it?

• Like Like x 3
  48. bakedpotatos.jm

W
    Also I may add the deluxe version is almost half the price of say FIFA 23. Or any of the yearly sports updates. And their sales are still through the roof. Heck people take of the day the new Madden releases from work in the US. We call it Madden Day.

• Like Like x 3
  49. bakedpotatos.jm

Ok so as the poster said what about every sports game out there?

Yes those examples are separate game which is why they didn't use them as an example.

But FIFA, NHL, NBA2K, Madden, and MLB the Show come out every year and really all they just need are an upgrade same engine same core game. Yet they don't.

And like twice the cost of TSW3 is every year. And they all are in the top 20 in sales every year.

Its a fact of life get used to it. Stuff costs money.

Why do people think everything should be free nowadays.

• Like Like x 3
  50. JetWash

I’m not baulking at the price. Never once have I mentioned the price. I’m saying that people that believe they’re buying a new game are incredibly naiive, and would likely buy a ‘garden modelling implement’ thinking they were getting something new and futuristic. Meanwhile everyone else would be happily digging with their identical shovel wondering what all the fuss was about.

Don’t let companies take you for mugs. TSW3 is straight out of the EA playbook, and where did DTG’s CEO make his name?

If TSW3 were genuinely new I’d be over the flipping moon, but it isn’t, so I’m not.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.