Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

nobody says you need to buy the 49.99 and even if you did it’s a price tag that’s reduced and targeted at those who don’t own the routes
    Reduction from £124.96 ish + TSW3 so…

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It does go to Ashford Station. I don’t know what it says in the Beano but put that down and read the details in the above picture.

• Like Like x 3
  3. AtherianKing

because TSW3 is coming to game pass….

and like any other workers if they don’t want what DTG has to offer then they are not obligated to purchase

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think you need to get off the internet for a couple of days.

You are so unnecessarily angry about things that aren’t even true.

• Like Like x 6
  5. AtherianKing

Its annoying how those that complain in this way act like both they want nothing to do with it and want it now at the same time

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’m really enjoying reporting everyone of these posts. Thank you

DTG Protagonist theres a live one here for you to destroy lol :cool:

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

While many here are disappointed with TSW3 coming in so aggressive will do nowt for the cause and can only guess why you have survived this long is DTG's lack of moderation.

• Like Like x 3
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Ahahahaha.

Good Lord.

9. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

BINGO

• Like Like x 1
  10. chieflongshin

What an incredulously silly thing to put on a public forum. Mind the gap though when you ride the route you hate with the “7 extra miles”

Someone should have left you on the curtain.

this is a good watch to calm you down and inform you for 40mins

• Like Like x 1
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

WHAT! I bought a Nintendo Switch specially to play TSW3. What a joke DTG! :D

• Like Like x 6
  12. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Bit of an overreaction :|

13. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Please keep it nice, this kind of behaviour and language is unacceptable.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mean, it seems like it's only 1 person who is aggressively angry. Would be easy to get rid of the problem.

• Like Like x 6
  15. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Reading the last page of this thread has been highly entertaining. It’s like when we had that bozo who was threatening to take DTG to EU Human Rights court over bug fixing, or some such nonsense.

• Like Like x 4
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Indeed. I am not very happy and actually somewhat annoyed about the TSW3 situation (more especially the save game than the pricing and poor choice of UK route), but the best way to get that message across is to be firm and assertive (i.e. not buying until the situation improves), not rude and aggressive.

• Like Like x 9
  17. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Agreed why should the rest of us suffer due to his poor behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is the way DTG moderates, every thread that’s been locked for “arguments” etc is usually just 1-3 people, rather than deal with that though, it’s easier to lock a thread up.

• Like Like x 5
  19. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thread hasn't been locked, the post was directed at the individual (who has since been banned).

Thanks for the constructive discussion.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  20. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. damian#6190

damian#6190 Member

Ok but why does it say you can pre order the standard edition on game pass. Except you can’t only buy the standard edition because it’s not available on the Microsoft store?????

22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  23. damian#6190

damian#6190 Member

Yup exactly my point

24. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

You're not required to pre-order. Nothing will change if you just buy it on the day the game releases.
    download.jpg
    Back in the days of the Engine Driver forum and back when UKTrainSim forums were still popular, moderators would silence any criticism of DTG or its products. We seriously do not want to go back to those days.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Thankfully, DTG only comes down on behavior, not criticism. I do think they're too lenient, though--maybe it comes from having a family full of English majors and teachers, but IMO "would of/should of/could of" should be an insta-ban.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

First of all, I think that the new TSW3 is a good and balanced bundle, but it's more for beginners than for those who have been around for a while. I can understand a certain overreaching.

So I have all the DLC and yet I would have to go to the standard edition to also have the SEHS extension. That puts me at the disadvantage that I've already bought the Class 465 and it's now included. But now there are the Class 66 and obviously new wagons and their services and scenarios. But I think that makes up for it for me.

I would only buy another US Freight Route on sale because I'm not really a fan of it. And we've had enough of that already. What is different and better here?

I'm not a fan of high speed either, but the Kassel-Würzburg route makes sense. You only really appreciate an ICE over a long distance, and the ICE-1 is historic. And I hope that the night trains will now take place in appropriate lighting.

DTG will have made this choice consciously in order to appeal to new customers in particular, to serve high-speed, freight and steam at the same time. Great for some, not so for others.

Not to forget that afaik all TSW2020 DLC will be available for TSW3! Even if you only understand TSW3 as a core update or a separate game in a bundle, it still takes all the previous DLC with it. I'm looking forward to the update orgy. ;-) The new features will certainly immerse you in an unprecedented level of immersion, and we're continuing to work on that. For me this is the right direction! And yes, the tiresome topic of bug fixes should not be forgotten...

That too all costs money, especially from DTG. I see this porting as part of the price because we all benefit from it. And it's not too expensive for that, it's almost a gift. In the end I think it's just fair, because it's not counting.

I am particularly pleased that the train DLC is decoupled from the routes, which certainly has something to do with the PS5 limit and otherwise slows down performance. It's an interesting idea to move all locs and trains to a training track where they have their home and where you can need a refresher after a long time. Also in terms of signalling. That's a good thing and I'm sure it can be further developed.

I think that TSW3 now brings what many have wanted and also sets the course in the right direction. Maybe not a revolution but a necessary and correct evolution. Plus a better UI and a lot more.

TSW3 shows me that things are going further and also in which direction. On the whole I like to endorse that. Because I see that the direction (for me) is right. It's alive, a lot is happening and it's still growing. And I want more of this whole LOVE hot LOVE! So stay tuned and don't let up!

• Like Like x 4
  27. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

One thing that is not mentioned or asked (at least that I can see). Will TSW3 finally have HDR? From some screenshots it still appears really dark. Also in the dark screens in a train do display a bit of light ambience, is this incorporated?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Just trying to round up my thoughts here without accusing the company of killing my firstborn, but I think what's urinated me and a lot of other people off who are generally favourable to Dovetail has been the lack of communication on this. For months we were given signs that pointed to a continuation of TSW2, with promises of consolidation and bug fixes as well as the long-awaited launch of steam. Now we're told with a month's notice that in fact some of those updates and fixes (yes, not all, I know) will require a paid upgrade to what seems to amount to TSW2.5, not a truly new generation.

Why is this being done now? I've already noted that there's an update of sorts every 2 years in September so more fool me for not seeing this coming, but non-gendered lads, read the room - we're on the cusp of a recession that could make 2008 look like halcyon days. I can't justify this now, I'm sure I'm not alone. Not only that, but releasing *two* versions of the game to consoles that were previous generation before the first even came out is stunning. Would it have been impossible to wait out the PS5 shortages?

I guess I'm just curious about a raft of business decisions that I'll never be party to - the timing, when this was decided, why it wasn't done together with steam's launch as plausible excuse for needing to move the platform forward. Was it a gamble, a mess up [edited cos we can't say male chicken] or cynicism?

• Like Like x 7
  29. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Member

I dont get it why anybody is so worrird about some achivements. Its a train sim so i want to drive trains amd not collectibg every damn trophy or achivement which is in. I personnaly realky look forward to TSW3. Nice Route with the 1st Gen ICE and Cajon Pass with BNSF is great to me. Keep up the good work DTG

• Like Like x 3
  30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

People play the game and enjoy it in different ways. It's similar with collectables. Some people like them, whilst some don't.

Also if you earn achievements on xbox, you earn Microsoft Reward points which can be used to enter sweepstakes or get gift cards

• Like Like x 3
  31. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The seven extra miles is on the North Kent lines giving access to Northfleet, Swanscombe, Greenhithe, Stone Crossing and Dartford, allowing for use of Platform 0 at Gravesend as well as extended 465 runs from Rainham
    The route is extended to Ashford on HS1, including rebuilding of Ebbsfleet to be fully walkable, and access to the lower platforms. There will also likely be 375s in the Ashford are (not confirmed, but an obvious timetable AI only addition)

With regards to the rest, I'm sure not too many people have setups capable of Dolby Atoms, but feel free to stick it in the suggestions area

• Like Like x 1
  32. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Only concern I have is if the 375 has been updated to reflect the newer version of the electrostar (same goes for the ECW 377 whether that's been overhauled as well or just binned and replaced by the LBN version). Otherwise 2 new routes, SOS which I don't own yet, an overhauled SEHS and dynamic weather for $81 Australian actually looks pretty decent IMO. Thank god I've got unlimited downloads though because reinstalling everything onto my series X is going to be a mammoth task :D

• Like Like x 1
  33. junior hornet

You don’t have to buy the Standard edition. As you are not interested in the American freight route, you only need to buy the German edition and, as you already own SEHS, you will get the new extended version for free. Same with Spirit of Steam. If you own that on TSW2, you will get the updated version no matter what version of TSW3 you buy.

34. Dewedin

Dewedin New Member

At the moment I own Southeastern High Speed (+ a lot of other DLC) and the route I am most interested in but don't already own is Spirit of Steam. So the SoS starter edition is clearly most suited to me as I would get SoS and the extended SEHS. However I'm very reluctant to jump into TSW3 mainly for three reasons

1. It seems likely TSW2 progress won't carry over
    2. The core engine doesn't actually seem to be upgraded that much as the only enhancement to my existing routes is dynamic weather (it's going to run the same Unreal version as TSW2?)
    3. Performance - I am expecting framerates to be worse on TSW3 as the recommended specs have jumped way beyond my RTX 2060, plus the microstutter in the game is bad enough as it is I have had to do some config memory management / asset streaming tweaks recommended on this forum to smooth it out properly. I can see obvious stutter in the promotional videos that have been released for TSW3 and we are not far away from launch.

I appreciate that the specs might mainly be aimed at new routes but it would have helped to reassure if Dovetail had announced DLSS support. It feels like I'm better sticking with TSW2 and waiting to see how the situation evolves.

35. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

Well they have brought bassmasster fishing to the Switch so anything is possible. Perso ally I'm waiting for the amiga A500 copy. I think it comes on a few floppy discs. :D

• Like Like x 1
  36. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

What are the requirements for a Series S, will this run smoothly?

37. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Will the PS5 version finally have some haptic feedback and/or vibration. I imagine pulling a brake lever in a real train does have a bit of push/pull. And a bit of shake now and again in the controller. Not much just subtle.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

My understanding is that I will then get SEHS as a TSW3 version, but without the extension. Or am I wrong? If so, would it be a better deal for me to buy the US route on sale later, right?

39. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

The only TSW3 version of SEHS is the new upgraded version including the extension.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. chieflongshin

No requirements chap. If you have a series s then you already meet the requirements to run it on one

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  41. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Sure, I understand that there are people who enjoy collecting achievements, but a lot of angry people act like achievements are the primary feature of the game, saying they've been boycotting the game since Rush Hour (why are those ppl even on this forum if they don't enjoy the game??) because of some broken achievements.

• Like Like x 3
  42. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are people who are referred to as "completionists" and those people are less likely to be thrilled at the chance to complete a 90 minute start stop run on a busy route with decent lighting, but want every medal to be gold, all achievements to be filled and all collectibles in their basket

So for them, the "achievement" is getting all the numbers to be similar to "25 / 25" rather than "24 / 25", and if someone makes that go to 0 / 25 even if they did nothing wrong...

• Like Like x 2
  43. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Then go play Euru Truck Simulator 2 - no one is forcing you to buy TSW3. Can’t believe people forget they have free will and not everyone is going to agree with them and have to make a fuss.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I have all the DLC on TSW2, except the US transport routes, which I don't like.
    I think I have no interest in taking TSW3, for now.
    I would also wait for positive feedback, or not.:(

• Like Like x 1
  45. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

Too lenient? You’re having a laugh! If DTG didn’t keep promising fixes etc rather than keep bringing out the ‘next highly immersive’ version then perhaps people may be a bit happier and less critical. I’m beginning to lose patience with DTG to be honest. This new version is v2.5 at best not v3. No doubt they will bang out loads of free copies for their ‘ambassadors’ to extol the virtues of how great this game is only for us paying customers to get stiffed again. Sorry DTG I’m not gonna fall for that again!

• Like Like x 5
  46. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Fantastic moderating JD. I get banned for a week for questioning in a non threatening way and this guy comes on here threatening to rip DTG a new one and is left alone for days. Stunning and Brave.

• Like Like x 7
  47. polarisw

polarisw New Member

This game does not look like an upgrade.. again. This is the same thing you all did for TSW2 from TSW2020. This is a poor product to release to your fanbase who already own TSW2020 and TSW2 and have given you the chance to 'prove' it with TSW2, and.. you just haven't.

TSW2 still isn't even close to what you promised with TSW2020. Let alone what you've promised again with TSW2. I'm not going to buy this game, you'll just do the same exact thing in 2 years with TSW4. I'm not supporting Dovetail for treating us all like we're morons who will cough up hundreds every two years for the same exact game.

Do better. You should postpone this game until it's worth what you're asking, or at least offer it for at LEAST half off for owners of TSW2. This is an insult.

I know you won't, and that's the sad thing. You're the EA of simulator games. :(

• Like Like x 9
  48. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just about to do that now actually, have uninstalled TSW2 anyway as no point in playing what is now a dead game - regardless of my intentions over TSW3.

At least in ETS2 the scenery won't be coated in black shadows, I can see where I'm going at night and towns/cities aren't illuminated like something from 800AD. Oh and the save game works with as many slots as I wish to take up.

• Like Like x 4
  49. polarisw

polarisw New Member

I'm sorry to be so upfront with this, but I've had it, Dovetail. You've got developers like those behind Transport Fever 2 who - rather than make a new game two years later - are releasing regular, free content updates and improvements to the game. They aren't paywalling an upgrade from Engine to Engine. That's what a developer that cares about it's players does.

I'd be happy buying DLC for years for TSW2, if you didn't try to sell me the same game with oooh look new weather effects every two years. It's just.. wrong, guys.

• Like Like x 6
  50. junior hornet

Well, that’s obviously your prerogative. However, I don’t think TSW2 is a dead game. It will play just as well/badly after TSW3 is released and all your DLCs will work as before.

No game is truly “dead”. I enjoy revisiting retro games that I played years ago, many of which have been replaced by more modern versions, not always for the better.

• Like Like x 1