Will You Buy Tsw3?

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by DANtheWALLY, Aug 10, 2022.

?
  1. Yes

62.7%
  2. No

8.0%
  3. No (at launch but in the future)

29.3%
  1. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

Poll is
    Yes: Yes you're buying it now.
    No: you're never buying it.
    Not at launch: you will buy tsw3 in the future for whatever reason.

With everything that's been said about tsw3 so far I would like to know what the final verdict is for most people because I feel this may sell worse than rush hour. Personally I will not be buying tsw3 directly at launch and I'll wait to see how things pan out.

Edit: I should've made it clear between people buying tsw3 and not buying it at all ever.
    Then people who aren't buying it at launch but will wait for price changes or bug fixes etc and buy at a later date.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Already pre-ordered.

3. ch#7054

ch#7054 Active Member

The answer is yes for me because it looks better then Train Sim World 2

4. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I will be buying it as I do think there is clear progression from TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  5. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I will be getting it at some point, most likely when a new UK route comes out.

6. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

Right now it's more a case of "when". I am waiting to hear about audio and other issues I really don't want to be seeing in a brand new game, and, let's face it: every new game has some bugs at launch. So I will likely wait until these get ironed out.

7. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Polling has been turned back on? Whoa.

I'll be waiting for two things first:

1) The first round(s) of bug fixes. As someone who likes open world and RPG games, which are very complex and tend to be pretty buggy on release, I've learned to wait patiently until a game is fixed to being playable when I buy it. So this isn't a knock on DTG, but my SOP. TSW is very complex, and I'm sure the new features and the backwards compatibility will have hiccups at first. I can wait until they're resolved.

2) The rest of the Preserved Collection fixes on the roadmap are released for TSW2, not just TSW3. I agree with those who say that TSW2 should be finished first. It can't be made bug-free, because that's not feasible, but the major repairs they've been promising should be delivered, period.

I hope both of these come to pass in fairly short order, because the extra length and improvements on all three routes, as well as the game's structure, have me eager to try it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Based my my track record I'll probably buy it a couple of months before TSW4 is announced. :|

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

I just bought TSW2 and haven't even spent 5 hours in the game! But thats not all, they broke a lot of promises with the original TSW and even TSW2 i am starting to get a bad taste in my mouth over this franchise. I hate to say it but Trainz is the only modern sim that has route creation capabilities and is allowing user generated content to be made for it. The only reason i really stick around divetail is TS Classic, the true train simulator, and who knows how long that will last before it becomes incompatible.

I will say that the BNSF Cajon pass route is nice, but im kinda tired of desert routes. The locomotives are nothing to special a typical GEVO and the all to common SD40-2. I want to get a modern train sim but with the announcement of TSW3 i think im gonna end up looking elsewhere as much as i hate to say it.

10. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I will buy it but once I get the money to do so. When I get the chance depending of it there's any routes I may also buy those.

11. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting for a bit. I've got run 8, TSC, TSW 1 NYC dlc, and TSW 2's Boston sprinter to hold me over. I'm also gonna wait for those first day bugs to be ironed out so I don't feel like I've wasted 40 dollars, and maybe wait for a sale. Only thing that really interests me at all is the ICE 1 as I can get Cajon on run8 which has industries and all that.

12. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

More than likely down the track some time. Once all the hysteria and the usual debacle upon launch have died down and everything seems to be running reasonably well. Will be keeping an eye on you tube channels to decide when to buy or not.

13. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy it but I'm more likely going to wait for the game save feature to be restored. There is no point in 2022 to own a game without a save feature. I know it's not perfect but imperfect is preferable to non-existent. I'm aware DTG is all over getting a fix and I believe them. If at least some form of game save was there even the current one with it's faults I'd likely buy it day one.

14. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Already have! :):):)

15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Not until I've bagged the Platinum on TSW2, there have been universal positive reviews, all of the inevitable early bugs have been fixed and there's a sale...

16. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Yes, downloaded yesterday. Free PS Plus trial to get a 10% discount for CP, ICE, SOS and a huge update to SEHS. The pretty stuff too.
    Felt very let down by the streams, and I anticipate problems, but to me it's worth it. It's not NASA technology nor money.
    Also, together with TSW2 I'll increase DLC space until a fix magically appears!

17. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

TSW2 had its frustrations, but given that I got over 300 hours out of it with only 2 crashes that I can remember a few red lights and a few derailments. I’d say I got my money’s worth. So I’ve preordered Deluxe on PlayStation so it’s there when I get back from holidays. I’ll probably get the German pack on PC as well at some point.

I think it’ll sell just as well as TSW2. A lot of the people on the forums saying they won’t buy it, will do so anyway for fear of missing out when it turns out that some people are quite enjoying it. Beside that if they don’t buy it, what will they have to complain about.

18. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Already pre-ordered it

19. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Already pre-ordered

20. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I was thinking of buying it at the start but I am going to probably wait now that I think of it. It might be better once stuff like bug fixes come out or liveries come out.

21. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Yep - haven't pre-ordered because I have no need for Cajon Pass. I'd been conflicted about whether to, but the fact that the layers won't be available until the full release date made my mind up. Looking forward to the new German route, the ICE1, the enhancements to SEHS and the new effects.

22. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in any of the routes or the test track. The weather and sky looks good but the thought of downloading everything all over again on my slow broadband connection is putting me off. Maybe if they bring out more steam or something that isn't contemporary, third rail electric, in the south of England, it might make it worthwhile. Until then I'll wait for the safety valves on Spirit of Steam to be fixed so I can drive that without getting tinnitus.

23. CNtomato

CNtomato Member

Hey I’m interested in the same version you bought. Could you please let me know what decals you got as a bonus for preorder? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  24. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Sorry, I haven't a clue. I can't do that stuff. I had a look and there's no obvious section where the extra decals are.

25. CNtomato

CNtomato Member

No worries! Thanks for checking.

26. lancpudn

lancpudn Active Member

I will definitely be buying it but not just at the moment, All disposable income will be going towards this years winter utility bills. :(