Long Island Railroad Extension/upgrade For Tsw3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Louie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

3DDB2BF7-B35D-4CB4-9BF8-880ECA6327E3.jpeg Just got done watching the video for Train Sim World three very excited but I am also very excited for the new abilities that we would have for our new Roots with more extended track for us to explore this got me thinking about the Long Island Railroad a lot of people love the Long Island rail Road and I would hate to see dovetail forget about it and not included in the new Train Sim World so this post is just about me asking dovetail if you guys could add a Long Island Railroad to Train Sim World three.

now that we have more room for bigger lines
    hopefully now we can have Oysterbay , Port Washington , Babylon , West Hempstead ,
    Long Beach , and far Rockaway Who knows maybe they might add more but all I can say is I am very excited as for all of you I can’t wait to see what dovetail does Next this is a big W for Dovetail

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Well it’s been confirmed we now have 280 miles to play with I’m pretty sure now they can add the entire Long Island rail Road route

3. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

The entire Long Island Railroad route is only 160 miles

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Longest is 120 mi (190 km) NY Penn Babylon Montauk Point beats Kassel Wurzburg by 5 miles 10km . M9A Standard for Babylon section with the ability to switch Shoe type for Harlem Line as a Southeast Brewster Trip replacing the M3A also GCT via the 1970s 63rd st tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I personally think they should remake the entire LIRR for TSW 3 in the Future and have the line extended to Ronkonkoma and add the Oyster Bay Branch and Port Washington branch to the already existing route.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I think they’ll extend it to port Jefferson.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

So hopefully we can get a modern day long island railroad and I’m talking about start from scratch head out to Long Island and do new research obviously when Grand Central is done Because I’m also very excited for that to

• Like Like x 1
  8. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I just did some research it turns out dovetail has the ability to add the entire Long Island rail Road route because the Long Island rail Road is 116 Miles and that’s New York Penn station to Montauk and I’m pretty sure they can add the side roots just for the hell of it this will be awesomeoe Now we can’t be held back by miles because now dovetail has the ability to add Long Island

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  9. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I agree with the idea of this route getting the SEHS treatment. The route desperately needs a scenery overhaul and would benefit from an extension. However, where I disagree with you is what should be extended. I think the Babylon Branch (Along with the branches that run on it) could work as a completely separate route. I think DTG should extend the current LIRR to at the very least Ronkonkoma and Huntington. I would also love to see the Oyster Bay and Port Washington Branches.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

I agree and for the Babylon Branch it has a unique service pattern is that during the AM and PM Rush there are trains that Start and end at Wantagh to NY Penn 50 minutes away. These trains skip Jamaica Woodside and Lynnbrook St Albans.
    Bellmore is 45 minutes from Penn Station since my mom went to the Babylon Branch in 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I just want everyone here to know that I am familiar That dovetail has said that they will be adding 260 miles and last time I checked Long Island is only 116 miles

12. migdalorguy

migdalorguy New Member

Bit of a n00b here (though a 67 year old n00b) that doesn't quite understand why TS Classic gets a nice, updated LIRR, and a much nicer, fancier TSW2 which I've purchased over the summer has a truly lackluster LIRR module. So I have to purchase and use "lesser" software in order to run a better LIRR version than I can on TSW2? Can somebody explain to me the logic in this? (I already made this mistake once when getting TANE as an upgrade to Trainz.) World of Subways 1 (the PATH) was ok but primitive, and WOS 4 (MTA 7 lines) had too much game and not enough driving for me. Part of it is I just want to drive trains - and mostly subways and metro routes like the LIRR. I don't need or want all the extras. I'd kill for a Hudson line extension that covers the Poughkeepsie route , and a Metro North New Haven line. The Boston Sprinter is OK, but limited (also, does anyone notice how in the audio introduction it incorrectly states it goes between the capitals of Massachussetts and Rhode Island? Um, Boston is not the capital of Massachusetts. Springfield is. (It has a lovely route shared by Amtrak/CT Rail down to New Haven, too, that would be nice to see.)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration for what I know Dovetail is accompanied that more familiar with British lines was thinking maybe they should open up a company in Manhattan and study and work on USA routes while the original focuses on British routes and Open up a spot in Germany so they can focus on German routes but then again all the equipment would be pretty expensive but it never hurts to go to a bank and ask for a loan unless we’re back and 1950 and the is mobs out to get you XD

14. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

28EA7E66-7464-42E8-96F0-340D04E8D998.jpeg
    Dovetail just so you know each branch has a different color

15. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Dovetail just so you know most of these branches normally start at Grand Central , Penn station , Atlantic terminal , Jamaica , Valley Stream , Hicksville , Ronkonkoma , Huntington And Babylon

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  16. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

The whole LIRR is unlikely. Also remember Kassel -Würzburg is only 3 stations and about half in tunnels. This is way more scenery heavy, and even a through line to Montauk or Oyster Bay is highly unlikely. The original line, possibly also Port Washington branch needs an overhaul though.

17. mrchuck

I wonder if they’ll add the port Jefferson or port Washington Branch lines onto TSW 3.

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

LIRR in TSW is a mere shadow of what it could and should be. It needs some urgent love and attention to bring it thoroughly up to date with some much needed extra mileage and fully working signalling system. Will it happen? Only DTG knows the answer to that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I agree. LIRR is the busiest USA route and should hopefully 0ne day be it can be correctly represented. I Believe the complete LIRR has over 700 services

• Like Like x 1
  20. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Not only that there’s so much potential for the Long Island Rail Rd. for instants if they ever add the DE 30 they could have a scenario for the cannonball and have a Special train with the sign that goes all the way out to Montauk that would be really awesome Sherry might take a while but we got nothing better to do and you always save the game whenever you feel like it and I feel like they should add save files allowing you to pick which save you want to Play

21. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I know the Long Island railroad deserves more and besides I would buy the Long Island railroad again if they expanded it I mean an Exter 20 $30 is fine because then you get double the amount of Track not only that the Long Island rail Road is the most busiest railroad in America like you said and the fact that it’s just so small really makes other people bored and makes the Long Island rail Road more figurative making it more boring I understand that people don’t want to pay again for it why for what you’re getting it’s worth it.

22. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

looks interesting nice suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  23. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Listen I’m not trying to bump right now but A lot of people want Long Island railroad to be expanded and I have a picture of all the suggestions that people made for Long Island Rail Rd. to be expanded
    17B3A1AF-692D-41C9-891E-3FE623301166.png
    There’s over 100 people that Want Long Island railroad to be expanded it’s not just me once again I’m not trying to bump I’m just trying to get this out there

24. mrchuck

I wonder if they’ll do the port Jefferson route or Montauk route for TSW 3 on the Lirr maybe when they add the Dm30AC with the c3 bilevel coach’s.

25. driverwoods#1787

I agree and it should include the 28 December 1987 750 V DC Third Rail rack Hicksville Ronkonkoma general Douglas McArthur International Railway station. That means LIRR M3 in the original 1987 paint M9 Trains M9A train. Remember to change the shoe type from LIRR to Bottom Contact Metro-North type on the M9A. Mineola to Hicksville electrification the one in game was 13-19 October 1970.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  26. mrchuck

Hopefully they’ll add the m9 locomotive with the Babylon Branch or port Washington Branch to TSW 3 someday in the future.

27. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

My favorite route! LIRR should extended to Port Washington with M9 fleet! Playing for over 7 or 800 services! I wish DTG can make a project for the first ever NYC subway route. Whether it's Cararsie, Flushing, Jamaica or 8th Ave line. As well as another London Underground route outside bakerloo line like Piccadilly, Northern, Victoria, or metro line.

28. driverwoods#1787

That means playing a 45 min trip Penn Station to Port Washington via Flushing Meadows & Main Street stations. Flushing Line has R188 7811-7936 R142A 7211-7590. Oddly R188 5-car set can combine with R142A 7591-7810 if one has 7 train Flushing line with Lexington Ave Line 4, 5 & 6 trains.
    Trying using max brakes every time you approach the station stop. 4 train 14th-59th street

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

We’re talking about Long Island Railroad not the seven train

30. kiyoko91

Upgrades means rehabilitate the Nostrand Ave & a brand new Elmont station & other stations including a new middle track for passenger & freight trains between Floral Park & Hicksville.

31. mrchuck

Are they going to rehabilitate the Nostrand ave and add the new Elmont station to TSW 3 for the Lirr?

32. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I hope so I mean I would pay full price for Long Island Railroad again

33. driverwoods#1787

LIRR Third Track was built from 2018-2022 and was opened from Merillon Ave to Floral Park section 1 sadly Third Track doesn't have Mineola platforms .

34. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Just to temper your expectations, there's no indication that DTG can, or have any intention to, extend existing routes within TSW3. The only example we've seen so far is SEHS which was replaced with a new version at the point of transition between TSW2 and TSW3. The same issues of completion/progress tracking and timetabling that existed before are still present, so line extensions are problematic unless they were properly factored in from the start.

35. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I would definitely Buy a brand-new long Island railroad route if it’s the actual size of Long Island specially with the DE-30 Units

36. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

That's really... Long! :D

37. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

It’s called Long Island for a reason not only that it’s the most busiest railway in America It really deserves more love but like I said earlier I would pay Full price again for the Long Island railroad if it was expanded going all the way out to Montauk Port Jefferson and even Greenport like I said it’s possible the only way it’s gonna happen if people keep asking for it which is why I haven’t stop I have friends who also would like to have this in the game I’m not the only one

• Like Like x 1
  38. kiyoko91

As well as new switches east side of FP station on the Hempstead side going west from Hempstead & east from NY

39. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about that wasn't mentioned by WNBC 4 If one were actually watch it on television.

• Like Like x 1
  40. mrchuck

I wonder if they’ll extend the Lirr route to port Jefferson and oyster bay since they mentioned port Jefferson on one of the scenarios called Hicksville handler scenario.

41. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Minis well add the TSW NEC route as part of the extension

42. driverwoods#1787

Correct and you mean the TSW 2020 NEC Newark, NJ to New Rochelle, NY. For TSW 3 that is going to be NEC Newark, NJ New Haven, CT with Avelia Liberty HST Train ACS-64 with Amfleet IIs Viewliner IIs.
    Consider the Floral Park Interlocking due to the LIRR Third Track Project. Basically, it forces the Atlantic Terminal Train from Hempstead to wait for M7 M3 Port Jeff/Ronkonkoma Train to proceed straight from the Westbound Track which is connected to the LIRR Third Track Project

43. mrchuck

they’ll need to add the diesel locomotives if they do port Jefferson hopefully a diesel locomotive is in the works.

44. mrchuck

It would definitely be cool if they add the Dm30AC locomotive to TSW 3 for the Lirr route and extend the route to oyster bay or port Jefferson.

45. Xemik

Xemik New Member

An upgrade would be good and all, but I can't even play the old route. I can't install it from TSW3 menu nor is it available in the PS Store. There are trophies for it, so I should be able to d/l it. Has DTG removed it?

46. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Maybe an issue with PS Store?
    I just bought LIRR in the MS Store, and downloaded it to both PC and XBox.

47. Xemik

Xemik New Member

Seems so. I think the Store on my PS4 recognised I owned it (from TSW 2020), but wouldn't let me access it. However, I used a sly work around.

I logged into the Store on a browser, which often doesn't show me what I own. Found LIRR 2/3 version on sale for £24.99 so I added it to my basket, whereupon it wagged it's finger at me and said "No, no, can't do that, you already own it." Still wouldn't let me d/l it, but I could add it to my library. From there I pushed it to d/l and install, but TSW3 wouldn't give me access to it. <sigh>

Had to do a full PS reset before it showed up. Sadly, Penn collectibles aren't showing up, so looks my quest for LIRR trophies is still beached.

PS
    I have since discovered that the Penn collectibles have been removed, but posts elsewhere on this forum pointed me in the right direction to compete the LIRR collectibles.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022