Train Sim World 3 Q&a - Tuesday 16th August

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I can't believe no one has asked the most important hard hitting question yet?

Will the red dot on the store finally dissappear once you own all the DLC? If yes, surely worth the piece of upgrade alone just to satisfy my OCD!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

-Did Mike (TSG) work with DTG on the ICE1?
    -Has the Br185.2 been improved to thestandard of the Br185.5?
    -Will the Br185.5 and Br182 sub in later?
    -Are there any new German freight wagons?
    -Is it possible to add the baptism name on to the ICE1? In Germany, a lot of ICE have got the name of a city printed on to the first wagons after the locomotives; the lists can be found on Wikipedia

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How will trophies on PS5 work with TSW 3, given the limit on them?

• Like Like x 2
  4. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Will Xbox One players get all the features that have been announced and will we get the full timetables?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken, I believe Metrolink owns the trackage at San Bernardino Santa Fe Depot. Does this mean that you guys now have a Metrolink license? I could be completely wrong about the track ownership though.

6. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Actual questions to be considered regarding roadmap part 1 are in bold:

Hugely disappointed that TSW 2 routes and locos already released won't be redone with TSW 3 features. While realistic not to expect every old route to get this, why is the Rush Hour routes not going to get TSW 3 features?? The likes of London Commuter and Dresden were a huge turning point, especially their timetables, and they're hardly even a year old, so what's the logic of these being left out... But Spirit of Steam will get TSW 3 features? :|

Without obviously going into detail, is SEHS likely to be a one-off regarding older TSW 2 routes getting such extensions (even if this proves to be extremely popular), as the roadmap states it wants to bring players new content. If so, this is frustrating, as the likes of London Commuter alone has a plethora of DLC locos and extension opportunities - especially when this route has the best timetable TSW has even seen.

This moves onto my final question, considering high popularity of certain TSW 2 routes, does that mean these existing routes (London Commuter, East Coastway etc) will never get any further DLC, unless there is some kind of extension, as seen with SEHS on TSW 3?

Would appreciate these questions being answered in the stream.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  7. tubespotter

tubespotter Member

A very simple one, will there be a toggle to change ‘Training Center’ to ‘Training Centre’. Also, why did you choose the American speeding, given you are based in Chatham, a notably English place

8. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Why does it matter so much

• Like Like x 2
  9. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Because we are a nation of pedants (and proud of it)!

• Like Like x 3
  10. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Why have you made the decision to not continue with preservation crew and not add TSW3 technology to the new preserved collection.

Why haven't you expanded the team so fixes and upgrades are completed quicker.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

It could simply be solved with localisation. It would check the system language and change the spelling accordingly.

12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Will the weather always be dynamic or can you turn that feature off to allow the same weather throughout a run?

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You can turn it off. During the 40-minute video, they showed that Dynamic Weather can be toggled on and off. To get lightning, you have to put rain to maximum for example.

• Like Like x 3
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Cheers. I must have missed that bit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

Couple questions:
    1. Has the wheel blurring distortion been fixed for TSW3? My reference is from Xbox, not sure if it happens on other platforms.
    2. Will TSW3 have a proper photomode that pauses the action and allows users to change settings (exposure, aperture, focal lengths etc.)?

16. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

When I asked would there be any UP locomotives I was told that it has a Sherman Hill AI layer at the Palmdale cutoff

17. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I'll be reposting the questions I had from my own thread onto here. Much of these questions pertain to the weather and environment.

1.) Weather and volumetric clouds were something that was touched upon in the reveal, however, how does this effect certain weather conditions?
    Will this have any effect on how fog looks in-game? Does it interact with lighting in any way? (i.e. visible light cones)
    I would appreciate if more videos/clips of heavy rain/thunder/fog could be shown.

2.) With the lighting being completely reworked, what does this mean for night-time driving? Is the new eye-adaption feature going to allow me to see the world more clearly at night? Do the volumetric clouds light up over city/urban lighting?
    What about HDR?

3.) Regarding the preserved collection, it was very specifically mentioned that TSW2 content will be ported over just fine, however there was zero mention of TSW1/TSW2020 content. Are those being carried over as well? Or are those being ported at a later date?

4.) The new skies and skybox look fantastic, however, will this have any changes depending on weather or seasons? Or is it all just a single skybox texture?
    I.e. Will there be vivid pink/orange sunsets in warmer climates (like on Cajon Pass), or cold blue cloudy mornings (like on SEHS)? Does it change at all?

5.) Will any of the returning locos on the new routes (like the ICE 3 or the Class 395 Javelin) see any changes or upgrades to them?

• Like Like x 1
  18. skforce#5246

skforce#5246 New Member

1) Are the core routes from TSW2 also migrating to TSW3 in the same manner as add-on routes?

2) Does the new world lighting make any improvements to the headlight intensity and throw on US locos?

• Like Like x 1
  19. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

A few questions in no particular order:
    • Will the Class 465 in the updated SEHS work on Brighton Mainline as an additional layer like the standalone 465 DLC does?
    • Why is SEHS being extended as a first choice for TSW 3? Wouldn't a better option to entice people to buy it be for a brand new UK route?
    • If you already own SEHS and it will be upgraded for free with a TSW 3 purchase, why is there no bundle comprising just the new German & US routes at a cheaper cost?
    • Why is the standard version of TSW 3 not available for pre-order on Xbox? It being on Gamepass isn't a reasonable enough answer for people who already own SOS and don't want to be forced to buy the deluxe version just to enjoy the same pre-order bonuses that everyone else does on other platforms.
    • Is DTG done with routes on the South East of England now?
    • With the changes to the scope of the preservation crew's work, does that mean that TSW 2 routes that aren't being updated with TSW 3 are now 'finished' and won't receive any further updates such as the new lighting or skyboxes?
    • Will we see benefits beyond more reliability with memory crashes from the Add-Ons Manager improvement? Will this allow for anything such as higher rolling stock volumes and/or passenger volumes and behaviour (being on platforms for longer before you arrive) on Gen 9 consoles for example?
    • Have you made improvements and efficiencies to how you build routes seeing as these are twice as long as previous routes? Previously you had mentioned that 45-60 minutes was the optimal time players spend playing a route, have you seen changes to that behaviour justifying longer routes? Can we expect to see longer routes in the future where it's suitable or are these longer routes just to kick off TSW 3 and future DLC will revert back to 45-50 mile routes?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Can you make a firm commitment to return the save game function while you are trying to fix it. I can't think of a good reason to take it away, even though it's somewhat unreliable. For many of us it's a game breaker and 75% effective is better than 0%.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree there. No save means no time lost when it fails. Thinking you're saving and then learning the hard way that you can't resume is IMO worse. It shouldn't be a gamble. I think DTG is doing the right thing leaving a broken save function out. That's of course separate from my opinion of their having implemented a non-working save and left it for years, but that's neither here nor there now. At least the decision to remove it is a decision and is based on working on the problem for a while now, so I'd still say that's progress. Hope more progress happens sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  22. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

1. Is there any possibility of somehow making large yards look more full, like maybe adding some random static cars and maybe engines? Most American yards like Cumberland Yard in SPG and Laramie and Cheyenne Yards in Sherman Hill are just dead due to (I assume) the fact that if you attempted to fill a yard to a realistic capacity, it would make the game nearly unplayable even on high spec hardware. Using static rolling stock would save the game from computing the physics of hundreds of cars and engines, and maybe it could be turned on and off in the settings menu.
    2. Is rolling stock substitution possible for American routes? It's odd to see entire manifest trains of just one roadname, when in reality other Class I cars are fairly common in addition to leaser companies like GATX, TTX, Wells Fargo, and Trinity Rail.
    3. Are there plans to start working on realistic DPU operations?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  23. max#3831

max#3831 Member

Will there be any other BNSF routes like in Minnesota or a Southern Pacific route set in the 1970s or 1980s on Donner Pass?

24. PseudoStalker

PseudoStalker Well-Known Member

Which bugs from TSW2 youve fixed in TSW3?
    Why are you make a decision do not upgrade core part of TSW2 to TSW3 but release a new game?
    Will Boston Sprinter signaling be ever fixed?

• Like Like x 1
  25. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I really hope it's not as simple as turning the rain to maximum to get lightning. I mean come on, if I'm running a service in March or April then there should never be thunder storms - atleast in the UK.

26. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Question about TSW3;
    Can you show us more about the changes/improvements to the interface, including the HUD?

27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I call dangly bits on that one. There are many routes where the save game does hold up and I tend to know which ones to avoid. Let the players choose whether to use it or not and can cuss if it fails to load properly. But there is no way I could do a scenario on Cane Creek, Clinchfield or any of the other longer routes without the ability to save. And by expecting people to sit two hours or more in front of a PC screen without the option of walking away and coming back later, is also breaching the health and safety guidelines about time limits on VDU exposure, epilepsy etc. Obviously what people do in the privacy of their own home is their risk and business, but as a company DTG should be facilitating compliance with the guidelines (which they are quick enough to exercise when it comes to matters like diversity).

• Like Like x 3
  28. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

You've told and shown us it's now possible to select a train, and then select a route. But will it still be possible to select a route first, and then a train, like in TSW2? Are both ways available or did you replace one with the other?

• Like Like x 1
  29. trainlover#2823

trainlover#2823 New Member

Will we get better switching jobs in Cajon Pass that require logistics/planning?

30. matt0d

matt0d Member

Just a few questions (pretty much all one big question) about transfer of locos between tsw2 and tsw3:

- What locos from tsw2 will layer onto tsw3 only if we already own them. For example we know that the DB BR 101 is used on SKW and wasn't mentioned as one of the locos included by default. Are there any others like this?

- What locos from tsw2 will subsitute into tsw3 only if we already own them. For example are we stuck with only the DB BR 185.2 or can we use other freight locos (e.g. ES64, 155, 185.6)

- What locos from tsw3 will unlock layers in tsw2 routes. I was under the impression that 'none' was the response but saw in a thread that the BR class 465 from the extended SEHS will unlock the layer on LBN that this has on tsw3. Are there any others like this?

- What locos from tsw3 will substitute into tsw2 routes. There doesn't look like too much that could, except perhaps the BNSF locos from Cajon Pass that might be seen pulling freight on some other US routes.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Sgt Salt

Sgt Salt New Member

With the first route extension now done, will this happen on other routes in the future?

• Like Like x 1
  32. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

• How will the shift to TSW3 affect plans to fix existing big issues within both core and content?
    • Will gen. 8 console versions of TSW3 have any compromises in features and functionality?
    • What has been done to ensure that releasing three new routes simultaneously doesn’t repeat the mistakes of Rush Hour?
    • Will route extensions become a regular thing and present an incentive to remake existing routes to TSW3 standards?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  33. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Apologies if this has been asked already, are the Class 375 and ECW version of the 377 going to be updated to be in line with the LBN version of the 377?

And will the ICE 1 be added as AI-only stock to HMA so Munich HBF looks a bit more alive?

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Loco-DLCs are getting separated from their base routes. How about the Locos included with a route? will we now only get one version anymore or will it stay as before?
    (I mean for example BR Class 377 (ECW, BML), DB BR 143, ...)
    if they also get separated, we could get finally the same type of train on different lines, reacting the same way, and with the newest tech

35. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

One more question, will the Xbox store see more frequent sales for TSW 3 and DLC than we've seen for TSW 2?

36. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Will our liveries be carried over from TSW2, and how come the save game feature is being removed? Imo it is a very important feature as doing a 2 hour service only to SPAD by 3 yards at the end is infuriating

37. ActualEmil

ActualEmil New Member

It's noted on the FAQ that "minimum" PC specs targets 720p@30fps, but not what the "recommended" PC specs targets. So, my question is simple, what resolution and frame rate does the recommended PC specs target? (also please do update the FAQ with this if there is an answer)

38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Will the Class 66 finally be set up correctly, having no tail lights on at the front end requiring a run to the rear cab to turn them off before heading off?

39. Me with a train

Me with a train Active Member

Have the 465 and 375 been updated with newer destination displays and sounds for the 375?

if I already own SEHS for train sim world 2 and I buy the German edition of tsw3 will I still get the upgraded, lengthened SEHS alongside the wurzburg route?

40. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

I would say the recomended specs run on 60 fps with everything on Ultra @ 4K

41. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Which DLCs are layers for new routes?
    Which DLCs do I need to install for "full glory" experience?
    BR o7

42. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Okay, so, I am a little bit disappointed. You state that, and I quote:

"The Preservation Crew have done a great job of adding updated features to older routes, and it’s time for the next stop on their journey."

and, I get it. Marketing-PR. That's how you do it. But that is not correctly true. In another stream, and I quote from my mind this time, someone, I believed Matt said "The Pres-Crew's Jobs is to add TSW2s new features to the old trains which don't have it", somewhat along those lines. The thing is, that not even all TSW2 releases got all of TSW2s features. Of course I am speaking about LZB on the German locos. I am mostly looking at the 155, the 143 and 185s, as well as the 146. And even though those projects were marked as finished by the pres-crew, the LZB is still not there. And I despite the person who then decided to write they did a great job of adding updated features. Maybe they did with the features they implemented. Maybe that was a great job. But a great job is for me, to complete my job. To finish every- and anything, and not leave out a bit because it's to complex and then call it finished. Because that's what happened. It was to complex to make a non-hud LZB, so it wasn't done, and instead the DLC called out of pres-crew and therefor finished. If it was due to another reason, then yeah, it's an issue at DTGs side as well, as this didn't get communicated at all. No one said, "we won't implement LZB" or, "we do that later" or anything like it. No one spoke about it. It just was never addressed by anyone. So, either it's just half the work done and then called finished, which would totally not be a great work, or it was never planned to implemented, because it's too complex, then it is just really bad communication from DTG. Either way, that went bad.

I really, really hope that TSW3 will change that.

My question for the Q&A stream: Will the remaining locos (185s, 155,143,146) get proper non-hud LZB, as this LZB-route is one of the main selling points of TSW3?

(psssht, I bet they'll ignore this, just like LZB got ignored from the Pres crew)

• Like Like x 3
  43. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Have you made any changes to the HUD,
    Does TSW3 use the same symbol for 'Stop at' and 'Go via' instructions.
    Will the points system stay the same,
    And will the Training Center have working toilets

44. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

How well will tsw3 run on gen 8 consoles?
    Has a good amount of testing on gen 8 been done?

45. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

All previously owned routes from TSW2 will get a free transfer into TSW3 which is great but please explain how previously owned TSW2 base routes players might have bought on DISC when they first bought TSW2 will get a free transfer into TSW3? I myself first bought TSW2 on disc as part of a deluxe package. I got 4 starter routes ECW and London Underground being two of them, so obviously I want the free transfer of them along with the other two into TSW3 even though I initially bought them on a disc rather than via a download.

46. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Further to my post on Page One…
    Okay if save games are out for the moment then at least how about placing checkpoints on all runs, including every timetable schedule? That at least will save having to start the run from scratch and losing your progress to that point.

Would emphasise however this is purely a temporary measure and not an excuse to not get off your corporate behind and fix the thing.

47. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

You will get the upgraded SEHS with any version of TSW3.

48. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

You will get the TSW3 equivalent versions of any routes/locos you already own with the exception of those specifically excluded in the FAQ. You will however need to download them rather than have them delivered on a disc.

49. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

If we're running late, will we still have to wait for a full minute at stations, or will we be able to close the doors early?

• Like Like x 1
  50. Jason35

Jason35 New Member

Considering your second question, Lukas said on discord that there will not be anymore extensions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.