Tsw3 Standard Edition?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lil jj, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

I was looking at the xbox store but I couldn't see the tsw3 standard edition, only the deluxe version, where can I find it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. RaceDay86

RaceDay86 Active Member

Yes, I would like to know too, I want this version as I'm not interested in the steam route.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

You can't do a pre-order for the standard edition, you have to wait until september the 6th

4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Standard Edition will be on Game Pass (available on launch day), so that's why you can't pre-order.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If there's no standard edition to preorder that means we can't get early access or bonus decals on Xbox with that edition. You would have to get Deluxe, which may include content that you will be getting as a free upgrade (from owning the routes in TSW2).

• Like Like x 1
  6. RaceDay86

RaceDay86 Active Member

Thanks, guess I'll pre order the deluxe version then. Just use more of my Microsoft reward points lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

The U S starter pack is so me #BNSF get in

8. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

That means that basically you want to scam all of us who already have SOS but want the pre-order bonus! It being on gamepass day one is no reason to not allow us to pre-order the standard version to be able to get the pre-order bonus! This will be the first game I know of that you can't buy the standard version before launch just because it's going on gamepass

• Like Like x 2
  9. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I would like to preorder the standard edition outright as I already have SoS, not interested in GamePass. Would be nice to play it 4 days earlier. :(

• Like Like x 2
  10. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

While I would love to play 4 days early, so I could take advantage of the Labor Day US holiday weekend, I'm going to hold off and save $14USD by getting the Standard edition after it receives a 20% off Game Pass discount. Although thinking about it, I might as well wait, since I'll have access to that version anyways with Game Pass. No need to rush to buy it. There will surely be a better bundling of the base game with DLC in the future that I can buy instead. I still have years to go with a prepaid Game Pass subscription.

If I wouldn't have stupidly bought Spirit of Steam at launch, I could have happily preordered the Deluxe version of TSW3. Oh well, live and learn.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

That seems a bit unfair for Xbox players.
    Is this a problem on Microsofts end or dtgs end.
    Is there a chance anybody who owns spirit of steam and/or sehs could do what we did for the rapid transit where some people who had the original tsw on disc had to send a photo of the disc to get rapid transit just we send a photo of the Microsoft store and get a discount code or something to the standard edition price?

12. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Whether you can pre order it or not isn’t related to the discount

discount is specifically only applied to the deluxe the same way PlayStation and PC users won’t get discount for standard version

13. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

Yes ok just saying if we show proof of owning SoS could we get a discount to standard edition price as we are not able to pre order it.

14. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Playstation and PC users can preorder the standard edition and get early access plus bonuses but we can't as its coming to gamepass. Seems more than a bit unfair to me

15. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Nope. You would not get a discount of the price by showing that you already own SoS.

16. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sadly this wasn't an option for us to put Standard Edition into Early Access when it went into Game Pass.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Ah I just pre ordered the deluxe version with the 10% discount it is only about $4.00 more than the standard edition.

Even though I already own SOS the weekend after the 2nd is a long weekend here in Canada. So I really wanted the early access