Bnsf Cajon Pass In Tsw3: My Thoughts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jedi247, Aug 10, 2022.

1. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

DTG is finally making for TSW what is probably my favorite train-watching spot ever: BNSF Cajon Pass between Barstow and San Bernardino!
    I'm very familiar with Cajon Pass from the old Microsoft Train Simulator version and the TS Classic version (which I own). Plus, I've taken quite a few photos near Barstow Yard. I love seeing all the trains as my family drives down the pass towards Disneyland. This is going to be an epic route.
    "I have waited a long time for this moment." -Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith).
    Regarding the locos: the BNSF ES44C4 is a great choice since BNSF has over 1000 of them (actually 1280 of them). I would have preferred a Tier 4 ET44C4, but I'm happy. DTG needs to get the "whoop" sound of the GEVOs added to the ES44C4, as well as upgrading the NS ES44AC.
    The SD40-2 in BNSF H3 livery is cool, but I still wanted a Spartan-Cab GP60 or GP60M-3. Oh well: perhaps we'll get a BNSF DLC pack in the future (and maybe an awesome ATSF pack with some 1980s-1990s-era diesels). Perhaps we could even get an Amtrak Genesis P42DC (or even a new Siemens ALC-42 Charger when more are built) and an Amtrak SW Chief consist in the future. I really want a US steam loco and ATSF 4-8-4 #3751 would be a perfect engine, since the real engine is used in excursion services and is stored at the BNSF engine shops in San Bernardino.
    Barstow Yard is a necessity on this route. Hopefully players will get to switch cars around the yard and use the hump to do so. The grain elevators outside San Bernardino (at Verdemont), the SB intermodal yard and main yard, and the cement plants at Victorville need to be included for more switching operations.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

A amtrak train that goes from Barstow to San bernardino Depot is missing but further it’s a nice route to have for US

3. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

Yeah I'd like to see the big boy for Cajon pass. I'd pay for that add on. We do need more steam for tsw.
    [​IMG]

4. Blartthaniel42

Blartthaniel42 Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to this route as well. I think the thing that would put the icing on the cake for this route is if they added UP trains on their line through layers. I think the ES44C4 is a good mainline engine. However, seeing how both the German and British routes are getting 3 and 5 locos/trainsets included respectively, it would have been nice to see at least one more engine for this route, even if it was just repainted (like a BNSF SD70ACe). As op said, I hope we get some good locomotive dlcs for this route. I would like to see GP60Ms with GP60Bs, SD70MACs or SD75Ms, or C44-9Ws. Also with the team mentioning that loco dlcs will be less tied to specific routes, this means a chance for a Amtrak P42 or APL-44 is much higher.