I Got A Pc, Train Sim Time!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Mr heff, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

So I've been playing TSW2 for a number of years on my PlayStation console and I'm in the process of setting up my new PC. I really wish I'd bought one sooner but hey-ho. Anyway i wanted to ask a question, there doesn't seem to be 10 years of DLC available on the steam store for TSC and I've heard that DLC has been removed from the store. My question is, how much DLC has been removed and is there any way of playing it in 2022? Thanks :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Some items have been removed from the Store as you're aware, the Virgin and Arriva branded rolling stock and routes are obvious examples, but not an enormous amount I don't think.

Time was if you clicked "See All" at the bottom of the list in the TS Store page it would show all of the 600+ DLC available for TS and even had a select all option to buy the lot which was the basis of no few trolling videos and threads in the forums. Now it lists 200 DLC in no particular order that I'm aware of and there's no way to click through to the next 200 but honestly a complete list on one page isn't that useful except to search during a sale so you can find the best discounts.

Click "Browse All (677)" instead. You'll be offered a set of sub lists to look through which is much more helpful presuming you know what you're looking for. Is there anything in particular that you're after?

• Like Like x 2
  3. The older dlc for tsc can be found scattered all over the Internet on various sites. Just because its not on steam doesn't mean its no longer available.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JJTimothy

Indeed- it might be possible to get Steam keys for DLC no longer available otherwise. If you can find a key for TS2017 for instance you'll get the original (Arriva branded) South Wales Coastal route.

To OP- that's a good way of building up a cosmopolitan collection of routes at bargain prices. Using a key for an older editon of TS will add that edition's bundle of routes to your collection as if you had purchased them separately.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

There is also the TGV Reseau that has gotten removed

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you search on Google train simulator routes you get quite a few hits. There's just trains sell a few, dp simulation, on track simulation, free routes on places like backdated trainsim.

Go to the store within train simulator there's more there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr heff

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for in the current selection on steam. I mainly enjoy modern traction with the exception of the APT, and high speed lines. I was just curious of what had been removed, which doesn't sound like a huge amount.

I have already purchased the SECML route from Just Trains and the AP class 170 enhancement pack, which brings me to a question. My PC runs on windows 11 and the third party DLC I've looked at seems to say that it is compatible with up to windows 10, I assume this is because the websites haven't been updated? I'd be grateful if anyone could say whether they are in fact incompatible with windows 11.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  8. JJTimothy

You like modern trains apart from the APT or you like modern trains and the APT which you don't consider modern? Going by the profile pic' I'm guessing the latter but it does make me feel old...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr heff

The latter. I wouldn't consider a 50 year old train to be modern but i suppose if you are around that age it doesn't feel as old as it does to me, i didn't even see the 20th century!

10. JJTimothy

That's right- rub it in...

My favourite route is and always has been the Weardale and Teesdale Network in the '60s most of which has a 45mph speed limit so not one for adrenaline junkies but I do love hooning about in the APT.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr heff

Nothing against age, I just like the fancy new LED displays in my cab :)

12. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the TSC community.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr heff

Thank you!

14. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Mr Heff.
    You may find yourself playing more TSC than TSW now. I know I've officially put more hours into TSC than I have over 2 incarnations of TSW and have a much better collection of traction and rolling stock in TSC.

Warning though, TSC can be addictive and very expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr heff

My bank account will suffer...

16. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Maybe, but the enjoyment factor will increase and there's frequent sales on DTG store and Steam so there's less of an impact to the wallet.

• Like Like x 1