Super Voyager And Alstom Pendolino

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anonymous, Aug 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

I would love to see a Virgin route feature in TSW3 with the trains in which we would drive being the Super Voyagers and the Alstom Pendolinos. This would be an amazing high speed addon to Train Sim World in my opinion.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. RailjetCD

RailjetCD New Member

If they were to make that it would be Avanti West Coast since Virgin trains doesn't exist anymore. Also they already have the Avanti WC license so hopefully they make the WCML route soon

• Like Like x 1
  3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

There were Virgin routes and rolling stock in TS but all were withdrawn from sale a few years ago when Virgin lost its franchise. I doubt they'd be open to having their liveries and brands on new DLC albeit for a different game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello JJTimothy,
    I didn't know they were withdrawn from sale on TS. I know that Virgin no longer operate on the British railways anymore unfortunately. But, I don't have a PC and I just thought it would be nice of Dovetail to do a tribute to Virgin as they had operated on our railways for 22 years. And, in my opinion if it wasn't for Virgin the companies that run on our rails today wouldn't be doing so if it wasn't for Virgin and especially down the East and West Coast Mainlines as Virgin were the first to operate on these lines. And over the years Virgin started creating their own routes and now Avanti run these routes.

However, there is always CrossCountry. These trains are still in operation as I saw one of their Super Voyagers in Sheffield train station the other day. Virgin and CrossCountry are still in a partnership as well. And the longest CrossCountry route is from Aberdeen to Penzance. This is a 800 mile journey. So, Dovetail should definitely do this route either on TSW3 or their next installment of Train Sim World.

Thank you for your comment,
    Anonymous

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello RailjetCD,
    I just thought it would be nice for Dovetail to do a tribute to Virgin Trains as they ran for 22 years and the Super Voyager and the Alstom Pendolino are iconic trains and they have made the British Railway Industry what it is today.

Dovetail have Avanti licensing? Hopefully that is a clue into their next British route. Finally we get to max out the tilting Alstom Pendolino.

The longest route in the UK at the moment is a CrossCountry service from Aberdeen to Penzance stetching to an astounding 800 mile journey, it takes 13 hours to reach the final destination. I am hoping that Dovetail will create this route with their latest advancements in either TSW3 or their next instalment. In this case we would be able to push the Tilting Super Voyager to its limit. Can you imagine that journey running at high speed with Dovetails latest improvements and dynamic weather changing. This would be great.

Thank you for your comment,
    Anonymous

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

DTG has the Avanti license and they made it for WCML South TSC 113 mi followed by North Wales Coast Line Crewe Hollyhead

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Virgin are very protective of their logo and IP generally. They don't want others using it unless Virgin say so (and likely get paid for it)
    The Virgin routes and locos in game got removed, and then re-released as "unbranded" so we could have the red and black / red and grey livery, just not the logo on it (or the station platforms etc)

DTG do have an agreement with Avanti for the Pendolino on the TSC Euston route, so maybe they could get a licence for TSW content, but then the issue becomes making a line for it to run on with any decent speed and length whilst also having good local content. Maybe up north somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello ARuscoe,
    The Avanti Alstom Pendolinos run on the West Coast Mainline and the line supports a maximum speed of 125MPH. Although not as fast as the Southeaster High Speed, I do believe that having the Tiliting Super Voyagers and the Tiliting Alstom Pendolinos in Train Sim World would be great fun as these are Iconic trains and are a routes that us fans of these two trains, would play the most.

When Virgin were in operation, they had made their own routes over the years in service along with Cross Country who are also owned by Virgin. And, although DTG may not be able to get the licensing for the Virgin logo maybe they can still use the routes created by either of these two companies as the speed in which they reach is much greater than that of the West Coast Mainline.

I just hope to see the Tiliting Super Voyager and Tiliting Pendolino in TSW at some point down the line. I merely suggested using Virgin because they led the way for the British Railway Industry and have made it what it is today. And they were the only company to operate both the Super Voyager and the Pendolino.

DTG like to add more than one train to their routes to make them more enjoyable. Suggesting the trains I have would have already given them 2 trains for the route in whichever route they decide to chose and build.

As always thank you for your comment,
    Anonymous

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

Virgin WC and Virgin XC were both a thing, both using 125mph trains. I'm sure the pendos are capable of going faster but the signalling in that area isn't. I know BR were trialling "flashing greens" to indicate faster than 125, but that didn't get finalised and rolled out that I know

I'm sure the 221 and 390 will be in game somewhen, they're too ubiquitous to not be

This would be between Coventry and Stafford, that's the only place they share track (though both could be used on much much more track obviously)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello ARuscoe,
    The Bombardier Super Voyager has a maximum speed of 125MPH and the Alstom Pendolinos' max speed is 140MPH. This was a surprise to me as with the pendolinos' sleek look, it would seem to go much faster. And with the Bombardier Super Voyagers aggressive look, It would seem to anybody that it could travel at a much quicker rate than 125MPH. However, I do believe that they can travel much faster than these speeds. I think that It is just a case of the British Rail restricting their speeds.

As always thank you for your comment,
    Anonymous

11. ARuscoe

Yep, the vmax of both on UK rails is 125
    I'm sure both CAN go faster. Maybe do a freerun on HS1 if they're ever in game and find out
    The fastest train in the UK was on HS1 near Boxley in 2003 at about 210mph

• Like Like x 1