Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap Part 2 11th August 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I have a question, now that DTG has the ability to make longer routes, does that mean that price for longer routes be increased? TrainSim-Matt DTG JD

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

On this point I suspect that DTG know they’re going to need a working save feature.

It being broken previously meant that you had to make sure you could complete a run, the majority of which were anywhere between 20-60 minutes. So whilst it isn’t ideal for some people, most people would likely play for that length of time.

In TSW 3 we are now seeing routes with services pushing over 2 hours, so this becomes much less likely that people will complete it in one run, even for people that do have the time, it is pushing on abit much for a single service.

Whilst I’ll quite happily run a service of such length once every couple of days (maybe a few more over the weekend), I’d be looking to maybe split this down most days. I think the demand for a fully working save game is going to be very high.

DTG are going to market the hell out of these 100 mile routes, so they aren’t going to want all the buzz killed by people parading the faulty save feature, thus why it’s now getting attention.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

A modified ICE 3.

The TGV as it is, is better equipped to run on HS1, whereas the ICE 3’s we have are not.

This is a very unrealistic layer, but it’s the only real alternative to people asking for Eurostars.

4. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

it was said in stream that because the ICE3M doesn’t have TVM capability in the game (not sure in reality), they decided to go with the TGV

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The BR 406/ICE3M is equipped to run on French voltage and safety systems, which are what HS1 has. (Don't know if they are modeled in the TSW version, although the TVM panel is there visually)

6. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Possibly something to do with the ICE not having a particular safety system and would deem it redundant to be AI (apparently)

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

No, there is no ICE 3 in TSW which has TVM, hence “the TGV as it is, is better equipped”.

8. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

not Ai but drivable
    and the TGV services will be which makes all of them drivable

edit: not redundant but less suited especially those who drive with no Hud

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  9. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Let's just hope it gets added to the mythical default feature list for future routes then I guess.

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the features and quality of SPG have only occasionally been eqalled. The revamped Dresden route comes to mind ( in daylight anyway ).

Also, I was driving the BML yesterday between Victoria and Purley and it struck me what a very well modeled route it is, let down only by the trains and the missing RH passengers. ( and, of course, Reigate Station, which I stopped short of ).

DTG knows how to do a lot of things well. It just doesn't know how to do them consistently.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  11. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Did you folks see that video of the railroad crossing?! With the cars?!

Cars waiting at railroad crossings. A dream come true. I can cause so many traffic jams now. And then they can CROSS the train tracks. Truly the greatest thing to ever exist.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

headbanger2.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. alexjjones6024

Quite interesting because if you walk in front of a car whilst on the train tracks, then they stop because you are in the way, I wonder if the cars are not ghosts and can actually be hit?

I'm not being rude or disrespectful, just merely asking if this is something that is represented.

• Like Like x 1
  14. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I think it is a Euro Class 66? So yet again we have the GWE Class 66, the ECW Class 66 and NOW the TSW3 Class 66? Screenshot_20220812_010357_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

It's probably just a skin. LD/CC functionality makes those pretty easy for DTG to add.

16. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Support cost. Quite a few Rush Hour bugs were caused by save games. Having a known broken feature in the game makes identifying and turnaround time on actual route bugs take a lot longer.

17. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Sorry there's TWO Class 66's. The one visible in the alternative view provided is next to the Class 465.

18. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The BR406/ICE3M used to run in France to Paris Est through the LGV EST but was replaced by the BR407 for technical issues ( this explain why in the game the KVB switch is still there but both KVB and TVM were logically removed that’s the reason it’s not on the game ) and why the hell is the TGV gonna be a layer on SEHS ? DTG did it again with wrong layers and trains on a route I mean the only TGV running to Saint-Pancras is the Class 373 TMST. In 2012 a postal TGV was brought to Saint-Pancras hauled by 2 Eurotunnel locomotives for a project called Eurocarex which was intended to connect many airport hub and carry freight with a TGV ( I don’t know the reason why as this TGV was mounted with KVB and TVM 430 but I think because it was missing the AWS so it might be the reason )

19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The reason it's spelt that way is because, no matter how DTG spells it, the guys at Steam will always change it to the US version because they'll get the dreaded red line. :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You won’t have to download SPG or SKA or any other former base routes to TSW3. They will be available for TSW3 by becoming just like a normal DLC but you don’t have to download them for the game to work. This will be the first time you will actually be able to have a fully UK only TSW due to the new base bundle options. You can download just the UK DLC you own.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It isn't available in TSW as the ICE 3M was released before LGV and TVM's debut; however the ICE 3M included in the Train Simulator Strasbourg - Karlsruhe route does have it enabled despite the route to my knowledge having no TVM. The missing link now is the New™ ICE 3 which has been reskinned into Eurostar livery but does not have TVM. The AHS Class 373 has TVM but doesn't work with DTG's system, but now I am going off topic...
    Nope, an original livery by DTG.
    The TGV layer is going to be there for fun (unless they're hiding a Eurostar for the game). There is no Eurostar in TSW and possibly never will be so this is all TSW3/4/5/6/95/ME/2000 players will get.

As for the LaPoste TGV, a lack of AWS had no effect on it. Trains must be specifically allowed to run on their own power in the UK if they are electric, hence why early Class 800 testing videos will show them always on diesel when running on the UK network. The ICE 3 that went to London will have had a temporary lift on both the UK and Channel Tunnel rules as especially the latter are very strict - and are the reason DB never started services to London and likely never will (good luck to Renfe and their pipe dream London - Paris service).

22. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The TGV postal was dual power 1.5KV DC and 25 KV AC so it can run on its own. For the ICE3M in TSW it’s not fitted with both systems because the route was set recently as TVM and KVB were both already made in TS a long time ago but yeah I’m also going off topic

23. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Technically can doesn't mean legally can - as far as I am aware the only SNCF rolling stock to actually be allowed to run on the UK network (bar the SNCF- and EPS-owned Class 92s) was the Class 22/BB22000.
    Made in TS a long time ago, not TSW. The implementation of TVM first included on London to Faversham in TS doesn't affect TSW, and DTG were hardly likely to develop the system in TSW solely for futureproofing, as much as I wish they did add TVM to it.

24. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

It's actually quite a big deal. The reason being the font used for the sign is Gill Sans, which has historically been used on British Railways-era signage. So instinctively it looks wrong if you are familiar, because of the combination of American spelling with the type face used. If it had been another font I think it would have gone under the radar. The devil's in the details, as they say.

https://www.strathpefferjunction.com/british-railway-typefaces-fonts/

trainingcentre.png

I'm sure it will be an easy mod for those bothered by it.

• Like Like x 2
  25. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

not sure if this is the right place to submit a question: I like the attention to detail in weather for passengers to make it more immersive. However, I noticed in screenshots that there are people with umbrellas up standing under the roof, as well as people with no umbrellas standing in the rain. This ruins immersion because it's not realistic. Will steps be taken to make sure the umbrella feature actually makes sense when you look at a wet platform?

• Like Like x 2
  26. solicitr

Eric Gill based his font on that developed by his mentor Edward Johnston for the Tube in 1913, Johnston Sans (which was copyrighted by the LU). The LNER adopted Gill Sans in 1928, and it was passed on to BR (the MfT held the copyright on it until 2015). So the two are very similar but not quite the same; Johnston is a bit more aggressively "deco."

• Like Like x 1
  27. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

I love both fonts! I didn't know Johnston was his mentor.

28. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer and I did get a reply in the stream comment that the Training Centre is Perma locked to Off the rails mode.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I personally don't care about this; I use "center" myself, but wouldn't think twice if it was spelled "centre". However, I know that a lot of people do care - so why not offer both options? I sympathize with those who feel that their culture is under attack, not only from without (American media and corporations), but also from within (indifference or active subversion on the part of fellow countrymen in league with said media/corporations). It seems like this is another needless controversy that could have been easily avoided via a toggle on a preference setting. (I must say that I'm surprised... I always assumed that British spelling was secure in the British Isles and in Europe, and that it was only Canadians who were so passionate about English spelling.)

That being said, there's one spelling change I must insist upon: the word "Imperial" needs to be replaced with the term "freedom units". ;)

At least this will offer a workaround.

During my (admittedly limited) exposure to the German language in my university...er... college days, I was made to understand that there was a top-down attempt by the German government to try and "cancel" the ß by degrees. Supposedly a lot of people were strongly opposed, and many, including some larger business and media outlets, refused to change their use, insisting on using "daß" instead of "dass", etc., or something like that.

Does this mean there will be a physical manual as well?

• Like Like x 1
  30. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Still asking myself if the promised fixes for TSW2 will eventually come. It can't really be true you have a game that is considerably broken at some occasions and releasing just a new one, than tell people to buy the new game so they get the fixes maybe. ?

So what's the Plan here ? Please prove me wrong that I have to buy TSW3 to be able to drive into Dresden Hbf.

31. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

The ICE 3M usually goes to France so it should have TVM, maybe not the ice 3m we got because it only runs to Brussel and Amsterdam so there they need some and these days Belgium and Nederland only use ETCS on their rails for safety, this is something what a Train Driver from DB told me

• Like Like x 1
  32. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

I don’t think it’s an immersion breaker to have a couple services in the day be a hypothetical test run for a TGV service, similar to what DB did a few years ago. If I can suspend disbelief that there’s 4 Medway tourist services operating in a regular weekday timetable, I can believe a TGV doing a test run to St Pancras.

• Like Like x 1
  33. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Can we expect that sometime in the future, as a result of the expansion, the old routes can receive all the necessary updates?

34. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Re Center/Centre, perhaps the more elegant solution would be to rename it “Hub”?

Anyhow the German test track is for beginners. Real men use the Czech Republic one at Velim!!

Back to the save game issue. What exactly did “JD” say? Are we looking at a solution maybe before release, assuming they are working 12/7 on it at present. Or will it be weeks or just left hanging in the air? Was anything said about at least considering checkpoints as a temporary measure so you can resume a run you somehow messed up right at the end, in your current game session.

I am still holding firm on this. Easy for DTG to trot out a friendly face giving assurances but the hard facts remain the same. The history of DTG products and TSW in particular is littered with broken promises and neglected bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  35. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

A fix is in the abyss, they didn’t seem very confident with it to be honest, at one point they mentioned that they “hoped” for it to be temporary (they might of said think or should), I’d check the stream, it should be time stamped now so you don’t have to skip through it.

It is not good either way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

I think DTG should make it clearer to the community, in a news article or something, that the TSW2 achievements moving over to the new game is against platform rules AND that TSW3 will have completely different achievements to TSW2 for the same routes.

I personally don’t care about achievements, but I hadn’t seen it explained as clearly in writing as it was in the stream and I feel those that care about them should be told the whole story.

ETA: Same thing with Microsoft stipulating the standard edition be a Gamepass exclusive. You said it in the stream, but in writing you have never said this was Microsoft’s decision. This is why the community blames DTG instead.

Just be honest.

• Like Like x 2
  37. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to get around the misspelling of 'gauge' on the AC4400 dash, it's infuriating. Spelt 'gage'. How did that possibly get through QA? For people with a decent IQ spelling is important and mistakes really do break immersion.

• Like Like x 2
  38. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks - timestamped stream here for you (also plugged it into the OP):

• Like Like x 2
  39. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just a quick one RE the stream, some of the screenshots you showed off as ‘new’ whilst discussing the new routes, were actually TSW 2 comparisons.

• Like Like x 5
  40. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

All this bickering about how accurate a TGV at St Pancras is just goes to show that it's impossible for DTG to please everyone. It was the same with Bakerloo trains at Ealing Broadway (did that make it into the game? It's been ages since I played GWE).

No matter how hard DTG try to please everyone, people will always complain.

If they put it in, people moan about it being inaccurate. If they leave it out, people moan about it being a missed opportunity.

• Like Like x 6
  41. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t say anyone is bickering, we all know it’s unrealistic but it’s a compromise at least, over the years St Pancras has been host to EU rolling stock on a number of occasions.

Can’t say I’ve seen an overwhelmingly negative response to it outside of one (1) comment.

42. alexjjones6024

Ironic, all you are doing is moaning..

If it's implemented, then that's what happens.

43. jamieskinner123456

jamieskinner123456 New Member

Wouldn’t it be awesome if they added the GWR HST class 43 out of St Pancras on the four platforms used by EMR or would that look silly and unrealistic given that there two different operators. Just thought as the route timetable will now be set to 2019 when it was named EMT.

• Like Like x 2
  44. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No more silly than the wrong underground train on GWE...

• Like Like x 2
  45. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

They indicated a few possible surprises that Matt didn't quite get to spoiler, and given they used the GWR HST on London Commuter, it would make as much if not more sense to have it on the Midland Mainline platforms at St. Pancras. There was also AI trains leaving Kings Cross clear in a video of the map, so this is not out of the question tbh.

• Like Like x 5
  46. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

The ICE 3 running in France were ICE 3MF. The normal ICE 3M were (and still are) only able to run to Belgium and Netherlands. When the ICE 3MF were replaced by BR 407, the ICE 3MF were converted to ICE 3M. So the ICE 3M in-game should not have french safety-systems.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

Ok.... Ok... I do think that the training center or Training Centre (American) is a brilliant idea for the new game. once i have the game and believe me i hav preordered I will be doing FULL Coverage on my youtube channel and I believe that Matt and the rest of the team have put in a tremendus amout of work, blood, sweat and tears making this game to the best of there ability.

Dont get me wrong here. I am a loyal TSW Fan and will be. no matter what everyone says I think that providing this updated version of the game with all the new technologies with UE4XXX and using some code from UE5 shows to me that the work and dedication to the games (Being TSW2 and 3) has improved.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

I like that... I am a abba fan too. but at the same time Gimmi gimmi a train after midnight

• Like Like x 1
  49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The explanation of the GWR HST on BML was that there are occasional times when Paddington is out of service and a HST ran from Waterloo to the West Country instead.
    Don't recall this ever being the case from STP.
    Obviously STP had HSTs for many years in Midland colours so who knows what DTG will decide to do?

• Like Like x 1
  50. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I noticed that AI too, very interested to see what they have going on there, because it didn’t look like the odd service on a divert.

• Like Like x 1