Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

I mean that it happens once with TSW 2020 is ok.

That it happens again, is also ok as long as you fix it.

But first 1 year to do nothing.
    To put it then on the Routemap. And then to make the next game, that would be a no go.

That it was on the route map was for me like a promise that it will be fixed in TSW 2. :|

• Like Like x 6
  2. FullCircleFullService

FullCircleFullService New Member

I agree, really don't feel like the next round of Cement Circle with DTG.:|

I think it's time to change my forum name... :cool:

upload_2022-8-5_21-36-33.png

• Like Like x 7
  3. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

The first time I had to laugh in this thread. xD

I think in this context, all Trophy Hunter are also on your side. ;)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

i hope that it will be highlighted in the next Roadmap again and finally get a patch

• Like Like x 2
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you'll get TSW3 instead

6. Starkiller

yeah , its nice but i would be a bit disapointed , because we wait here for soooo long and nothing happens , we posting this issue since 8 or 10 Months so why not patch it finally

• Like Like x 2
  7. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

I think we will see what happens this afternoon:

1. Either it is only a core update and therefore the routemap is still valid. Then you have to trust the statement of DTG.
    2. Or it is TSW 3 and we have the Cement Circle Fall again, then it is especially important to become active.

But it would be nice if you comment on the whereabouts of statements of the Routemap of TSW 2 such as the Achievements if it is TSW 3. DTG JD

• Like Like x 2
  8. coasterflo

So it's official, we have a Cement Circle situation here.

So I guess it's time to turn to Xbox (and Sony and Steam if possible).

Disappointing that things are on the routemap, in the end not implemented in TSW 2 probably.

9. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi coasterflo,

Continued support for Train Sim World 2 is part of the TSW 3 FAQ. Furthermore, we will have more detail in the upcoming roadmap stream this week.

TSW 3 FAQ: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001033452-train-sim-world-3-faq

Will Train Sim World 2 continue to be supported?
    Train Sim World 2 will not be compatible with any new add-ons. However, the Roadmap article on https://live.dovetailgames.com will contain details of any future updates that will be coming to Train Sim World 2.

10. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

It's good it is not officially going end of life with the release of TS3, but as far as the achievements go that's a pretty non specific post that doesn't actually say anything about whether these issues will be fixed, despite existing for quite a long time.

That said, Microsoft has recently taken more of an interest in getting achievements fixed, and has added a reporting option for broken achievements, which will be used to ensure developers fix problems like this instead of breaking MS' store agreements by leaving them broken. Hopefully that will get Dovetail to finally care enough to do something.

The fact that four of them have been broken for so long (two of which never worked), with seemingly nobody caring to do anything about it, is incredibly disappointing.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  11. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

:D:D
    That’s good advice! How did I not see that?! Well my fellow Train fans get the app for your xbox and report the broken achievements! Which I just did myself!:D:cool:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

where do we see the actual roadmap? i forget, as i've not checked in ages.

13. Starkiller

lets see whats on the roadmaps for tsw2 , perhaps there will be a surprise for us , would be lovely

14. stimp#5938

I like this message from DTG in one of their road things:

Achievements
    We’re aware of four achievements which are being reported by you as unachievable in-game (Nahverkehr Dresden – Dresden Commuter, BR 187 – A Long First Trip, Spirit of Steam – Fixing a Hole, Oakville Subdivision – Master Class). The team are working on these and we’ll update you via our Update Notes when we have a fix in place.

Thanks DTG JD and others.

• Like Like x 1
  15. imstylinonyabro

except why is HSC not on there? there are a few trophies on playstation that nobody on tracking site or just PSN in general have earned. HSC looks fixed on xbox, so I'd presume it works on ps? However, quite odd 20+ people have earned them on xbox, yet not a single person on PSN.

• Like Like x 2
  16. gprili80

gprili80 Member

NO actually they still don't work on PSN I can confirm .... where are those fix DTG JD?

17. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Which ones on HSC are you saying don’t work? I’ve just started on HSC and have already got the trophies for completing the training modules with both locos plus both trophies for route tasks on PS5.

18. TheTipsyRaccoon

Also can someone tell me specifically what is the problem with the OSD trophy DTG mentioned? I’ll be starting that route next and wasn’t aware any of them don’t work.

19. gprili80

gprili80 Member

Just tried the EC training and nothing... 10 miles both trophies are not working and also others... I'm talking of the PS5 version of the game. Are you sure you're not talking of the PS4 version?

20. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

OSD route introduction cannot be finished on 8th gen consoles (change to 1st person camera step near the end does not get recognised). If you are using 9th gen, I believe it has no issues.

• Like Like x 1
  21. imstylinonyabro

on True Trophies the HSC route tasks, 10 services, a scenario (forget which) and all scenarios show as 0% on PSN and 0% on TT

• Like Like x 1
  22. imstylinonyabro

I did that like a month or two ago on Ps5 and everything worked as it should.

• Like Like x 2
  23. TheTipsyRaccoon

Definitely the PS5 version buddy, got the EC training module trophy last night on my first attempt. You’re aware that if a trophy fails you have to start a new profile to make it work right? You can’t do it again on the same profile and expect it to work, it won’t. But if you start a new profile and do it “for the first time” again, the trophy should pop.

• Like Like x 2
  24. gprili80

gprili80 Member

Yes I know buddy, I tried many times... every time with a new profile. Thanks for the tip anyway. This is really going to piss me off, that is why I will not buy TSW3.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Trophies must work correctly, this is a basic function and it can't be witchcraft to ensure this.
    Therefore, I still think that no professional work is done here, and the amateurs ineffectively try to get something done, if at all.

• Like Like x 5
  26. TheTipsyRaccoon

You and me both pal. I didn’t buy TSW2 until I had all of TSW2020’s trophies, the same will be the case this time.

• Like Like x 3
  27. coasterflo

Hi Chris,

first of all thank you for your answer.

In fact I read the routemap very carefully and what worried me was that for everything is indicated "TSW 2", "TSW 3" and "TSW 2 + 3" except for the Achievement fix, which I found striking and disturbing.

A "Cement Circle Situation" is that anyway at the moment, which is meant that there are Achievement problems in the old game after the new is released. Back then with TSW 2 and TSW 2020, the fix for Cement Circle was also on the routemap for TSW 2020 initially, but then came once only for TSW 2 and for TSW 2020 must be fought for a year.

Therefore, at the moment this situation can repeat itself, that it was not clear on the routemap was for me a ndication that the same thing happens again.

Ultimately, however, thanks that you write here about it and also that it was thematized yesterday in the stream.

For all others I link here times the appropriate place from the Stream of yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  28. coasterflo

1:55:20 ist the time ;)

• Like Like x 2
  29. gprili80

gprili80 Member

My fear is that they talk about always the same thing.... DRESDEN... yes the 143Km ok ok ... the 187 achievements... okok
    BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHERS? Example: the HSC ones not unlocking on PS5? :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  30. coasterflo

Can you briefly describe exactly what is, then I'll add it to our list.

Sorry so far I was not aware that there are problems.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I have another one to add to the list, just finally got to playing Cane Creek Part 3 Potash to Thompson and sure enough didn't get the achievement. Which is extremely frustrating seeing it takes 2 hours to complete

32. imstylinonyabro

they couldn't even admit it's been an issue nearly a year long for dresdan and the 187, they just said something along the liens of "quite a while"

• Like Like x 1
  33. Starkiller

so now we pray every month for the patch finally to apear

• Like Like x 1
  34. stimp#5938

Or if you‘re on Xbox also report a problem about these achievements still not unlocking. You can find out how to do that here on Trueachievements. I did that, also contacted Xbox multiple times to keep it on their radars as well. I just hope it helps.

Playing games on Xbox and Playstation involves working trophies and achievements. It’s the basics DTG!

• Like Like x 1
  35. imstylinonyabro

DTG JD A friend of mine has purchased HSC during the current Summer Sale for PS5 and there are multiple trophies that are not unlocking. However, they seem to unlock for xbox players or PS4 users. The following is a link to TrueTrophies will show the trophies that no one has earned: https://www.truetrophies.com/game/Train-Sim-World-2/dlc/Horseshoe-Curve

The unearned ones are
    HSC: first day on the job
    HSC: for freights sake
    HSC: collection complete
    HSC: does it ever end?

Please get these onto the roadmap under achievement/trophy investigation.

• Like Like x 1
  36. TheTipsyRaccoon

Oddly enough I have Collection Finished on PS5, but I’m not signed up to that site so it won’t show. And I’m having issues with the 10 miles driven in the ES44AC trophy myself which people seem to be getting.

I didn’t think DTG would struggle counting to ten, but here we are…

37. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Just a follow up, this achievement unlocked a couple hours later

39. TheTipsyRaccoon

Yep both 10 mile trophies for me too now. But the training complete worked ok. Weird how some work for different people and others don’t

• Like Like x 1
  40. imstylinonyabro

and the funny thing for me is that i don't actually own HSC myself, but the GP-38 10 miles popped for me doing a different route. i think it was OSD Perhaps just the entire trophy list for HSC on PS5 needs a looking at.

• Like Like x 1
  41. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That happens because some locos are on multiple routes and the stats are merged in your player profile area. You can unlock a number of Cane Creek ones too just by playing Sand Patch Grade. Happens on all platforms.

42. TheTipsyRaccoon

Yeah I’m thinking of using other routes to see if that forces the trophy to pop. No idea how I’ll get the ES44AC one to go though.

43. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

I think now we have a real problem, can the updates for a game or DLC be released when it is no longer in the store?

DTG JD Have you considered this in your statement and checked whether it still works after that?

upload_2022-8-17_13-50-28.png

• Like Like x 7
  44. games4achievements

games4achievements Member

So this seems to be the point where we either have to trust Dovetail's word that they break on a regular basis or really actively engage the community and report it back.

There is an article at True Achievements (the Achievement Hunter hub) and anyone can report a product that breaks the developer rules, even if they didn't buy it.

I'm not going to let DTG lie to me again like they did with Cement Circle and watch them
    find an excuse to "not fix it" by removing the game.
    Let's finally report them all and also ask everyone you know, your community to do so. :(

• Like Like x 8
  45. TheTipsyRaccoon

Just for the sake of dtg_jd this method didn’t work and I’m now out of viable workarounds, so please officially list ‘HSC: GEVO on the move’ and ‘HSC: GEEP GEEP!’ as broken on PS5. I’m sure Skyhook will be happy to sort them out for us so we’re not left missing two even when DTG have fixed their own problematic ones. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  46. tachionicantitel83

tachionicantitel83 Member

Very interesting especially because all TSW 2020 DLC are still available, don't really see the point in taking it out, so ...

I almost agreed with the guess, in the end it's just an excuse to not have to release fixes anymore.

Really a shame what DTG is pulling here.

• Like Like x 5
  47. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

They most definitely can, but it definitely makes it feel more and more like Dovetail intends to just leave us behind, and I suspect is the reason why TSW2 is being delisted in the first place. Those reporting options I brought up before? They really only matter if the game is still on the storefront. If it isn't being sold, then MS isn't as concerned since you aren't charging people for it anymore. The first game had no announcement, so 2 was targeted for removal, and it every much feels like Dovetail winding up to tell us to suck it up and deal with it.

• Like Like x 5
  48. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

That's exactly how I see it and that's why I've now started to report the game, the achievements with my account and also asked all my acquaintances and friends from Xbox drum.

Really too bad DTG what you try here. :(

• Like Like x 5
  49. xboxachievementgroup

xboxachievementgroup Member

We see the same, would DTG perhaps times obligatorily express themselves to it before here a really unnecessary conflict develop.

We start now in any case times to write gradually people from TA who have the game. Most of them are also interested in Achievements. If some report this to MS, they will eventually fall in line.

Larger developers have already gotten problems.

upload_2022-8-17_16-33-55.png

The measure is now really full

• Like Like x 4
  50. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

xboxachievementgroup
    let me know if I can / should help with writing to people. It's a lot of work, so I'm happy to help.

DTG would also find it appropriate that you say something about it. It really seems like it was just a reaction to the fact that many (not only because of the Achievements) wanted fixes for TSW 2 and you are looking for an excuse. :|

• Like Like x 4