Progress From Tsw2? Achievements From Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shamanspark, Aug 10, 2022.

1. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

Do we have to start from 0 again?

2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn’t mind this. I’m on Xbox (yes, I know this is the PC forum) and I get 50 reward points per day for an achievement so I can pick up some easy points.

Progress will remain to be built upon on TSW2 so, if you have the space to have both versions installed, you can carry on your progress on TSW2, whilst embarking on a fresh new (old) journey on TSW3.

3. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Lol no. I already did that from TSW2020 to TSW2. It's irritating and almost impossible to spend 100s hrs to regain them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

honestly what is the point of Dovetail Live if you can't have one account which accumulates achievements across TSW versions?

• Like Like x 1
  5. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

"TSW2 to TSW3 progress transfer
    Progress uploaded to your Dovetail Live account (Content uploaded to Creators Club, Mastery, Railfan Shots) will transfer between games. You may have to redownload your uploaded Creators Club content when you first log into your Dovetail Live account on Train Sim World 3.
    Progress related to your game profile (driver log, levels, liveries and scenarios not uploaded to Creators Club) are under investigation, and we will update you when we know more.
    Train Sim World 3 will have new Achievements for all routes (TSW Compatible content), so Achievements will not transfer between TSW2 and TSW3. We are investigating whether progress achieved on TSW2 can contribute to Achievements in TSW3, but this falls into the game profile progress mentioned above."

Thats what they say in the August 10th Roadmap.

I am still not sure if "new" achievements mean that they are other achievements than in TSW2 or the same again.
    Different achievements would be nice, the same again would be meeeehhhh....

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The achievements can't be auto-granted in the next version of the game according to the road map stream. That may go against certain policies of Microsoft and Sony. I still hope we can import our save data (local liveries, custom scenarios, profiles and associated stats) but this could have an effect on achievements not unlocking (a completed scenario does not trigger the achievement again, there will be no collectable to collect to trigger the achievement if you have already collected them all).

7. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

oh bod... so we've got to go past all those damn 'well done, you have driven this BR422 trains 42.2 kms, have a picture of a medal' crap popping up in the middle of the screen when driving again :(

8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Yup this needs to go. I don't need to be congratulated for using a cab door or finding the wipers. I make it a habit to press everything the first time I use a new loco to ensure those messages don't show up during travel. The achievement notification at least isn't so intrusive (you can disable these if you don't care on all platforms).

• Like Like x 1
  9. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i find it very patronising... ''if you are really good and find the wiper switch, i'll give you another picture of a medal''

like a mother congratulating her toddler for dropping a dookie in the potty for the 200th time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. heliq

heliq Active Member

DTG please remove the achievements on the 20th level of the route.
    You need too much experience, on some routes it's just not possible! Rides give few AP points

11. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

You can disable achievement notifications in Steam and Xbox. On Steam you have to turn off Steam overlay for respective game.

12. arundodonax

arundodonax New Member

Man, they're really gonna make me drive the Class 33 up and down WSR at 25mph for 330 miles for a SECOND time?

They could have at least given us some different stuff to do this time around. :|