Tsw 3 What New Features Do You Like The Most

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Dynamic weather. The way the snow starts to lay and eventually covers the tracks properly, rather than looking like thick ice! And as you become comfortable driving in dry conditions the skies will open up and make things more difficult. This was kind of the selling point for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yep, Dynamic weather deffo and the eye adaption effect on exiting tunnels.

Yes the build up of snow is good and the drifting effect as you pass.

Yet to be Wowed by the lighting, some screenshots it's looked good, others still poor and others meh

• Like Like x 4
  3. It's hard to comment on lighting at this stage. I've seen a couple of vids but the quality isn't the best. I think they was 720p I was hoping for some 4k streams!

I've not seen eye adaption effect yet I'll have to take a look.

Thanks.

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Dynamic weather and longer routes. Though I wait to see whether all dlc from now on will be longer or if these three routes will be longer and the rest will be less..

If a route is the full length but only 55 miles (for example), that’s fine, but I don’t want a 40, 50, 60 odd mile section of a route when we could have gone further. My worry is they get set unrealistic dates to do a route by, thus reducing the length to still hit the target date.

• Like Like x 2
  5. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I reckon this is why the third route was an extension of SEHS. Relaying track and improving scenery, then adding 40-odd miles of extension and polishing up the existing stock, was probably quite a bit less time-consuming than starting a new 90-mile UK route from scratch.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Route length, definitely. And the increased UI flexibility also. And the centralized training center. Graphics are nice, but I'm more interested in gameplay.

I know they're not directly related, but I'm wondering if the increased route length means a possibility of increased train length on current systems. 150-car freights? :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree with that and am looking forward to seeing the umbrellas ☂ ☔️ in action too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the new visuals as well as the training center.

However, I am particularly excited for the more accurate signaling and safety systems on SEHS and for the new LZB signals and system on a true high speed German route.

Also, I’m looking forward to the new timetable on SEHS with increased services for one of my favorite locos, the 465. Finally, I can’t wait to see what Joe has done with the SKW timetable; mixing the freight and ICE action at night should be fun!

Thank you for this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I like the longer routes but they still fall short I think. About the same lengths we see in tsc with its decade old game engine I would like to see something like 200 miles with tsw.

Your are probably right though, dtg don't allow enough time for long routes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would definitely like to see some 150 car freight trains.

I've not looked into the training centre yet its on my list though.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
  11. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I am really keen on the season based timetable. Hope they really start using this feature to add more playability to service mode.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah I'm also a 465 fan. Was quite disappointed with the lack of services. You see the 465s quite often running between Faversham and Rochester.

• Like Like x 3
  13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yep I am also a fan of the 465s. We get to drive it for 40 minutes on the regular Dartford - Rainham SE Trains service as well as peak services continuing along the line. Also be a bonus seeing it around Dartford in AI services and hopefully at Ashford too.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah 150 car trains, so we can recreate PSR in TSW3!

15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Training Center and Dynamic Weather

• Like Like x 2
  16. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

For me its the night lighting especially eye adaptation. It looked freaking awesome on last nights roadmap stream. Dynamic weather comes a close 2nd which will add some fantastic variety to runs.

Not really fussed about the training centre, although will be happy if it results in more loco DLCs.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would have to say Training Center and the Dynamic Weather

• Like Like x 1
  18. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

What I like most is the number of new useless topics on DTG forum :D

• Like Like x 3
  19. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Here it has to be proper thunder and lightning so you can link this with dynamic weather. However, I am also very excited about the new and improved SEHS extention.

• Like Like x 4
  20. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that DTG are going to mess up the dynamic weather.
    It probably will be like:
    Start in sunshine, 10min later its heavy clouds and rain, 10min later its sunshine again and 5 minutes later suddenly it becomes foggy.

• Like Like x 2
  21. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

What's the point of beta-testers if they allow such stupidity to pass?

• Like Like x 1
  22. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Rather than any particular feature right away, the thing that I like the most would be the eventual decoupling of routes/locos. I think this could open up a lot more routes being done, including countries we haven't seen yet. Plus if you have, say, ECW, and then LBN comes out, you could just use your existing 377, no need to buy it again. Maybe not the best example but I think there will be many more opportunities, if done right.

• Like Like x 2
  23. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

At this point, I’m going with dynamic weather, something that’s been missed from TSW apart from a few scenarios. My ’main points for dynamic weather I think are very similar to everyone in else’s above.

My favourite item from the whole TSW3 though probably falls to the ICE1

though due to its size and potential I’m looking forward to seeing where Training centre goes. Seems like something with the biggest potential so far

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  24. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Class 66 with AP sounds

• Like Like x 1
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

We don't know how any of the new features will play out until we actually load the game at home, but, assuming all goes well, I look forward to the improved night lighting because that has been one of the main bugbears in the current game, making it nigh impossible for me to drive at night on some routes.

• Like Like x 1