Are You Thinking About Buying Tsw3 Yet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ch#7054, Aug 12, 2022.

1. ch#7054

ch#7054 Active Member

If you want to stay with tsw2 then that's fine

2. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

I like tsw 2 but I hope tsw 3 lives up to its name

3. I've already purchased tsw3! can't wait to see the back of tsw2 to be honest.

4. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

It looks promising but I will wait until launch to see how it actually holds up. Will most definitely purchase it at some point though

5. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

ill pick it up off gamepass, but if im gonna put my money into it, it better get a route that will truly rope me in

6. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Yes SOS starter pack for £29.99 but only because it gets me SOS which I’ve been dilly dallying about getting on my PS4 - £30, the extended SEHS which I really want - free and TSW3 - £5. Not particularly bothered about TSW3 through because it’s nothing more than a glorified TSW2 update being dressed up as a new TSW game to force players into spending money they shouldn’t have to if they want to continue getting any newly released dlc’s. Rankles with me that I’m effectively paying full price for SOS on a PS4 with content missing because it’s an old last gen console but looking at it another way and leaving aside the TSW3 part of the deal I’m effectively getting SOS and extended SEHS for £15 each which is akin to getting them both in a sale so it is a result and a bit of a no brainier for me tbh.

I’m not uninstalling TSW2 just yet though because I will still be playing the older routes on that until I complete all the gold medals I’ve been working hard to get. Will migrate fully to TSW 3 when I’ve fully completed the TSW2 routes with gold medals I’ve got within TSW2 or DTG come up with a fix to the progress transfer issue from TSW2 - TSW3 and PS4 / last gen console - PS5 / latest gen console. Whichever comes along first.

But yeah! buying TSW3 SOS Starter pack is definitely a bit of a no brainier for me which ever way I decide I want to look at it.

7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Probably - But until I've seen it, I can't say. No need to pre order as I'll be on holiday when it comes out. I'll check out some videos and the gamepass version when I get back and decide what to do. Probably stick with the gamepass version on XBOX and get the German Starter Pack on PC as I have SEH already and don't like American Freight that much.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes of course I will be buying it. I would be daft not to. If I were to stay with TSW2 I wouldn’t be able to buy any future DLC thus cutting off my source of new material and my number one hobby of choice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

TSW3 pre-ordered and all of my TSW2 content along with my TSW2 save file deleted. TSW2 is old news.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Yes, deluxe at 45 quid is a bargain. 3 and a half routes(I have SEHS+465) plus new bits and upgrades to old stuff, it's a steal for me.

This will be the first time I pay full/release price for anything in this game. I'm sure it'll be super cheap at Christmas but I might be skint or dead by then.
    I haven't ordered yet, but it's highly likely by the end of the week. Gonna watch the streams.
    No need to delete 2 yet. See how 3 runs before the migration.

edit
    I've just noticed the 10% discount is for ps plus members only, which ain't me. Still good value but it's gotten me rethinking.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I’m on Xbox and already own SOS, so im currently waiting for some time on the 6th September to purchase the standard edition

in the mean time I’ll be watching the preview streams and keeping an eye on YouTube videos of gameplay probably around 2nd September

hoping to see whats been announced get delivered and bugs kept to minimum, if all goes well, on September 6th I’ll uninstall TSW2 to make room for TSW3, but due to my content size of Preserved and TSW2 content I’ll probably have to wait quite a few hours for everything to install so will likely not get a chance to try it out until sometime on the 7th (don’t mind the wait but I will likely be eager)

though thinking, I may set the German content to install first and have enough time still to give a full ICE route a shot before coming off until the other content finishes (if it’s like tsw2 you can’t play when dlc is installing, if I remember correctly it causes a crash every time one finished)

12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm still on the fence. I have a huge amount of unplayed stuff in TSW2 and I'm not yet convinced it will transfer to the new game without new bugs adding to the ones it already has. TSW2 plays quite well for me.
    However, the BNSF route, in particular, is attractive and I will probably make the switch once the save game issue is dealt with.
    I certainly won't buy it sight unseen, so I'll be watching the streams in the next couple of weeks to see if the quality features ( snow, rain, lighting ) improve over the last stream.
    Despite what some may think, TSW2 is not " old news ", at least not yet anyway.

13. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I will wait for TSW 10. Hopefully, by TSW8 all bugs should be fixed. I'll give them two further games, then see for myself.

14. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Now I see a free 7 day trial for ps plus. Could I wait until, say 1st September, join, buy, then unsubscribe? Not sure they'll deliver if it terminates prior to release day.
    First world problems.

15. Kazick

Kazick Member

No.

Looking at it:
    3 new routes that I don't care for. (Ive got Cajon in Run8 and that plays WAY better than TSW)
    Dynamic weather is nice, but not worth $50
    New UI looks like someone vomited all over the screen, but that's the same as the TSW2 UI so no improvement there. Again, not worth the $50.
    But hey, they "fixed" saved games by just removing that function.

Still no multiplayer. Still no dynamic scenarios. Still no proper free roam.

Maybe, MAYBE, I'll pick up TSW3 when its on sale. But that's a big maybe. There is nothing I am seeing that justifies even spending $10 on TSW3 considering is the same game I bought back in 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Preordered

17. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Yep, I've pre-orderd it. I already have SEHS but went for the deluxe editon as I don't have SOS yet and £45 for 3 and half routes is astounding value!

The only worry I have the save game being disabled, just hope it's not too long before it's back.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

I am not ordering or playing tsw3 as i am tired of starting over and it's over priced

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Yes, but I already own SOS and SEHS (but not the Class 465). Next to SKW and the ICE1, I'm also looking forward to the new US route. BNSF made it finally into TSW and I like impressive landscapes like Sherman Hill or Cane Creek. These two routes alone would normally cost a total of 60€ at lauch date. So 45€ for a Standard Edition is a fair price. Otherwise with a preorder you also support the developers. Based on TSW3, one can again see years of continuous development of the simulation in general, clearly this time the volumetric clouds stand out, but also the training center.

But I also can understand that in these crazy and inflationary times everyone is trying to save money.

20. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

No, It's overpriced and overhyped. Given dtgs incompetence in the past, i strongly suspect it will be a bug filled mess

• Like Like x 1
  21. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I've already purchased tsw3

22. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I plan on buying the US version once out to pick apart Cajon with a fine tooth comb.

23. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

During the whole presentation I could not be convinced that TSW3 is worth the money. That changed when I heard the two words "Game Pass". So yes I will be downloading the game. But I'm not expecting to buy any DLC. Since I switched to gen9 I just stopped playing TSW2 and since there is no huge improvements on the graphic parts I don't expect to be playing it a lot. What bothered me about the gen9 version is that there is no huge shift in graphics which I notice other older games that have enhanced version for gen 9 do have.

• Like Like x 1
  24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Pretty much my stance (as per my signature).

But hey if they pull a rabbit out the hat on the save game or do as per my (ignored) suggestion and put a beta/test branch on Steam with the old save still available, I will buy it, probably Standard edition.

25. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

It's going to be a very difficult winter all over Europe, so no thanks, cannot justify that much on a mild upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  26. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

Unless DTG will bring in some better features such as multiplayer, editor (I heard it was impossible to add it, is that true?)
    and lower the price to atleast 25 euros, then I might start considering grabbing TSW 3.