Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

is the tram testing area for Arosa?

2. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so now that tsw3 will have longer routes do expect less dlc in years cause it take 6-9 or more months to make route.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Or Blackpool 1973!

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

We'd be back to collecting snow cones...

5. OldVern

Or sticks of rock. Shudder to think how we ate that stuff back in the day. Probably why most of my back teeth are now fillings!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

It's either Arosa Line, or the tube stock?

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Arosa is not a tram and the metro line is mentioned separately. If they wanted to mention a section for Arosa (and I'm surprised they did not), it would likely just be a "narrow gauge section"

• Like Like x 1
  8. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes thats a good point, but in the end you get 2 new routes and one extended for a good price. 2 new locos included. Really nothing to compain from my side.

• Like Like x 2
  9. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

For me if I was looking to buy TSW3 I would go for the UK standard one with SEHS which costs £30. I already have SEHS so what I would be paying for is a few tweaks and a slightly longer SEHS. If they can show just how good this new lighting is at midnight or later then I might feel differently but as is I just can't get excited about it like others seem to be.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OldVern

As I understand it, you will get that though automatically if you buy one of the other Starter Packs, Cajon or Wurzburg. Effectively SEHS (and SoS) are "free" upgrades if you already own them in TSW2 regardless of which TSW3 option you pick. Even if you're not particularly interested in the German or American route you might as well get something else for your money too, rather than just pay again for what you already have (and don't need to buy afresh).

• Like Like x 4
  11. dhekelian

Personally, I'm only into the UK stuff and SOS is not for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

It just seems silly they don’t have a none of the new routes options and have the base game for £14.99 which gives you SEHS (if you’ve got it, also SOS again if you own it), but you don’t want either of the two all new routes.

Or as others have suggested, core upgrade should be free and recoup the money via DLC as they do with TSC.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Mephrite

Mephrite Active Member

That's true - nights or rain effects are much prettier in TSC than in TSW2 on Unreal Engine. For me it's just some DTG laziness to make it right even in original TSW...

• Like Like x 2
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I can see them working on Lexington Avenue Line East Side IRT or 7 train. Remember R142A 7211-7590 forms a longer train with R188 7811-7936. Rare situations R142A 4 train 7806-7810 is combined with R188 7811-7815.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

One thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way about TSW 3 is that the old routes won't be getting the feature updates like lighting, eye adaptation, dynamic weather etc... which sucks, and makes me a little iffy about getting TSW 3. I understand the training center is a big focus of this "update" but one of the reasons I was going to purchase TSW 3 was in the hopes that they would do what they did with TSW 2, where they updated older routes with the new features. It's disappointing.

Roadmap: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-roadmap-10-08-22

• Like Like x 4
  16. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The bean counters probably came to the conclusion that Adam's crew is too expensive in the long run and decided to sort of "cut the life support" for the TSW2 routes.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Old routes will be getting dynamic weather.

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

but i can have dynamic weather now... in TSW2, i just need to download a couple of mods.

• Like Like x 3
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yeh but console players can't mod. These features will mostly benefit console players and PC players who haven't modded the game

• Like Like x 1
  20. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Not everyone has the desire to install mods and I doubt DTG base their policy decisions on what mods are available.

Whilst it would be great to see the pre TSW3 routes getting all the new features I can imagine with the amount of routes which would have to be modified it would tie a team up for another couple of years. They are still going through the current round of bug fixes and improvements!

As long as the routes are still usable and hopefully as bug free as possible I think it would be best to concentrate on the future not keep trying to catch up with the past.

21. gazz292

which is exactly what i said in other posts... the people who will see all this as new are those on consoles.

• Like Like x 2
  22. ARuscoe

And those who don't want to rely on 3rd party add ons working in future...

23. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

Whoops! I should of read up more on that. At least we get something!

24. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Can I ask another silly question, why has it taken 3 revisions to get a lengthy route and extensions?

The amount of times we were told “Nope, Extensions, not possible” but yet TSClassic can do 300+ miles thanks to Just Trains and the like and that’s an older platform? It must be because it was built by Kuju, who knew what they were doing. The tech now means you can achieve more but we’ve had less for far too long

• Like Like x 2
  25. meridian#2659

The tech was never the problem. DTGs catastrophic planning in creating routes caused the issue, that the extended timetable was not compatible with the fantasy timetable of the core route. For example the east coast way traffic doesnt match the one of l2b

Extension were impossible because they would have needed to make the entire timetable from scratch.

Well at least now i have hope, that dtg can break this circle and learn from the past. Many people think rush hour was a fail, but it truely was the first success of bringing a lot of a.i and ststic stock into the map.

Looking forward to whatever they release.

• Like Like x 3
  26. ARuscoe

We were never told they were impossible, in fact DTG have said several times on stream how they COULD do them, but the problem DTG have is that they don't want to do "DLC for DLC", ie if the two DLC are pure extensions of each other then only those interested and owning the first DLC would be able to use the second DLC, or else you end up with two versions of the extension, one for those with and one for those without.
    This is how Justtrains have done it, so each MML extension also has a standalone version
    Of course the difference between TSC and TSW is that on TSC you have a very small amount of custom made services/scenarios, so each time Justtrains made an extension they add 6 to the standalone and 12 to the merge and people think that's OK

In TSW you would need a combined timetable that then "splits" at the appropriate joins. You'd also need to have means of handling things like achievements, collectables and so on, especially if someone starts out with the base route, then gets the extension...

So it's not as simple as "get a route, slap more track and make the trains run further"

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Did anyone else pick up from the stream last night that when Matt was asked about stutters he said along the lines of it will run how it’s always run and should be no different.

This made me think that I, spending £45 on another game that will keep pausing for 2 seconds at a time. This is a concern

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. dhekelian

they also kept saying 'TSW3 will run exactly the same as TSW2' and that is supposed to be a plus?

• Like Like x 6
  29. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

They maybe think it is although the people who know TSW2 are probably petrified.

No performance improvement
    No Seasons in Scenario Planer
    No Sound overhaul/ fix
    No buy

• Like Like x 5
  30. chieflongshin

This is what’s perplexing me, I always knew this was never about a new game but more sweeping up mess to improve how they can do things moving forwards which is great but I would have hoped that I’m not pulling over these lags and stutters.

• Like Like x 3
  31. gazz292

"But he has nothing on at all," said a little child at last.
    "Good heavens! listen to the voice of an innocent child," said the father, and one whispered to the other what the child had said.
    "But he has nothing on at all," cried at last the whole people.
    That made a deep impression upon the emperor, for it seemed to him that they were right;
    but he thought to himself, "Now I must bear up to the end."
    And the chamberlains walked with still greater dignity, as if they carried the train which did not exist."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  32. ARuscoe

What are you running the game on??
    I've just moved from a 6 year old core i7 to a brand new core i5 and my stutters are virtually zero (everything set to ultra) but even on the i7 time may have moved slower but not actual stopping of motion... (I also found for some reason I'd set screen percentage to 200% but all that did was drop the FPS)

33. meridian#2659

Same for me, run tsw2 on a 13 year old pc with the same i7 from back then. Just ram and graphics got an upgrade to 64gb / 4gb graphics.

When turning off v sync and keep shadows medium, everything is running well. Also l2b.

34. ARuscoe

Just run a "rush hour" service on L2B and there were a few stutters but no "stops"

35. chieflongshin

i9-10900, 2080ti, 32gb ram at 1440.
    my GPU usage sits around 60-70% and it still freezes at times.

• Like Like x 2
  36. ARuscoe

I'd have a look at settings and drivers. I use an RX580 and get better than that!

37. dhekelian

The age old problem of stuttering is not necessarily a reflection of your PC. People with high end cards also have stuttering and have for ages, not all but a few. Where as I use to run a 1080TI and ran high/Ultra and virtually got no stuttering at all. The .ini files do help some people which are on the forum somewhere.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Then something in your settings is amiss. Your rig runs rings around my old potato, but I don't get anything like 2-second hangs

• Like Like x 1
  39. chieflongshin

Ive got MSI afterburner installed as the fan goes crazy on these Alienware. Tsw pushes the fan to 100% frequently so I put afterburner on to calm the curve down.

I'm reluctant to dabble elsewhere in afterburner settings as I don't want to fry anything

• Like Like x 1
  40. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I run a pretty high-end Alienware PC with an RTX 3080 10 GB and plenty of memory. While stuttering is not a major issue, it does happen from time to time. I don't think there's any hardware combo that would be 100% stutter-free.

( well maybe a Cray EX supercomputer, which I'm thinking of buying for Christmas. )

• Like Like x 2
  41. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, it does push the fan.
    When I got this machine, I opted for liquid cooling as the insides are such a tight fit. I also placed the case under the desk so I don't hear the fan and took out an extended warranty in case something overheats. So far, so good.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

This is why I now run gen 9 consoles lol. :D

• Like Like x 1
  43. dhekelian

I read on these forums somewhere that it isn't just due to the graphics card that causes stutters but your CPU as well. Can't remember the thread but good read imo.

Never had an Alienware, are they good? Are they as expensive as they say?

I used to have liquid cooling and never had a problem until I read from what I thought was a reliable source saying Liquid cooling causes problem so when I upgraded recently I had a huge heat sink and fan instead then I read liquid cooling is pretty good, could of saved some money there. I got an i9-12900k plus a 3060 and touch wood it is ok so far.