Sos And Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ady.hewitt, Aug 11, 2022.

1. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

Just to be sure , am I being asked to spend more money to make SOS work properly ? or will it get fixed on TSW2.

2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The way I understand it, the updated version will be TSW3 only but the derailing issue (which apparently is still causing problems despite the fix) and the missing collectable are being worked on for TSW2.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Both
    They're fixing the issues on TSW2 (so they say), but if you buy TSW3 that money will pay the same devs...
    And of course if you get TSW3 you get SoS with volumetric clouds etc, and any new steam trains are likely to be TSW3 only, so "down the line" you will likely want to get TSW3 anyway

• Like Like x 1
  4. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Didn't they say that all new features are only available for three routes coming as new with TSW3, that is for German one with ICE 1, US with BNSF and upgraded SEHS?
    All the rest coming from TSW2, and SoS among them, will just receive dynamic weather.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The statement was that all new features are only available with TSW3 DLC, rather than TSW compatible DLC... It's a clarification, but an important one. The statement in the FAW says:
    "As an additional bonus, players who already own Southeastern High Speed: St Pancras - Faversham Route Add-on and/or Spirit of Steam: Liverpool Lime Street - Crewe Add-on in Train Sim World 2 will receive the updated versions of these routes for free upon purchasing any copy of Train Sim World 3"
    In other words if you own SoS on TSW2 you will get the TSW3 version (with the new skybox as the only change I've seen announced) when you get any version of TSW3 (so if you buy the german version you will retain SoS but in TSW3 version)
    Same with SEHS, you will get the extended version of SEHS no matter which version of TSW3 you buy (the short version won't be ported across from TSW2 to TSW3)

• Like Like x 1
  6. detjohno

detjohno Member

Just want to be sure I'm clear before I spend.....

I own the SEHS on TSW 2 but not SoS. If I buy the Deluxe version will I get the SoS or do I need to buy that before I get TSW3?
    Thanks in advance for answering possibly a silly question.

7. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

If you buy the deluxe you Will get SOS aswell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. detjohno

detjohno Member

Thankyou