Will Rebuilt Routes Become A New Norm?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dinger75, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

So with the announcement of TSW 3 and Southeastern getting an extension, as well as new lick of paint, do you think that this will be a thing going forward for new DLC from DTG? (Pretty sure Rivet will also join in judging by IoW 22)

So would you accept this as new normal going forward? Would you rebuy a new version of East Coastway if it went actually to the end of East Coastway at Ore. Along with all the new skyboxs and a Joe timetable? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we even see a 'new' route that joins RSN and RRO, especially when the trains get decoupled from the routes

I think this is certainly the way DTG are heading. It would certainly be "faster' development than the preservation crew due to being more likely done by the main development team, as well as going faster through testing as it is an item DTG can sell again

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  2. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t be against it, think it would depend on pricing though. Would totally prefer fuller routes

Would think a lot would be understandably annoyed at buying the same route twice so maybe if there was a discount for those that bought the previous version it might be a goer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Switches3

Switches3 Well-Known Member

I’m for this, 90% of the routes released for this game are not long enough and could use a good couple of miles of extension as long as there is a balance between new routes and line extensions it will be great.

• Like Like x 3
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Sure, but I’d want a new train still.

ECW for example, going out to Ore I’d like to see a Turbostar.

Doing rebuilds would be a good way to improve a lot of content, and also bulk up the trains, since almost every route is missing rolling stock from it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I don’t mind the idea. It’s sort of a shame to see iconic routes that the game doesn’t do justice because they were made at a time when the game wasn’t as developed (LIRR is a good example).

Preservation crew does a good job at getting some things up to standard but LIRR needs an entire new timetable and more traffic for a start.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

I wouldn't mind this. That way TSW3 is more uniform with routes. I am considering not actually putting any of my TSW2 DLC into TSW3, especially since they won't have all the features of TSW3. I reckon they are doing what your saying with HMA, since they are releasing a Loco for this route but only in TSW3.
    But there would have to be a system where if you already have the route, it notices this and provided a good discount for the upgrade

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully not, else UK content won't get out of the Home counties for about a century as they add in all the branch lines and anywhere with a third rail...
    Maybe one "revamp" every new software release (two or three years) but ten other brand new routes or areas or lengths outside of that

All for the SEHS upgrade, but essentially you get one more stop going through Kent countryside (which is boring, I live there and driving along the M20 isn't thrilling) and five stops in North Kent, with the only one of any interest being Greenhithe and even then that's only because IRL it's got Bluewater, which you won't be able to see from the station
    ie, not much doing

• Like Like x 1
  8. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Doubt it will become the norm but I think there are some good candidates to get redone.

Just to name two:
    LIRR needs a massive overhaul (or maybe just a whole new route) and great western would be amazing if it got the SEHS treatment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. transport

transport Active Member

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  10. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I hope that this happens

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good question and this will mean rebuilt routes being able to support Dynamic Weather and Rush Hour action and steam rail tour options.
    You must be referring to the Hagen Vorhalle Rbf where RSN Freight Train gets reassembled to run on RRO or to HRR via Bochum Langendreer Junction from Hagen Vorhalle Rbf. I did make the Suggestion of the Bochum/Hagen Dortmund Railway. Click on my signature for that suggestion on how Hagen Vorhalle Rbf works.

12. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I would seriously consider buying the whole Cornwall line between Plymouth and Penzance (preferably with Looe and Falmouth branches - not bothered about Newquay, it’s long and boring) but only as long as long as the scenery along the current portion of the route (pretty as it is in parts), is revamped to have some sense of reality about it. Oh, and a Valenta engine 125 would be nice.

Rivet - the gauntlet is down!

• Like Like x 1
  13. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

While I wouldn't mind a new extension every once in a while, DTG need to prioritise new routes. A British route not set in the South East should be much MUCH higher on their to do list than extending something like ECW. I don't want them to do it just for the sake of it.

I think the only route I actively want to see a SEHS style upgrade to would be GWE, because there's so many possibilities.

14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

There was a load of people calling for routes to be extended. Dovetail extended SEHS People are now asking will rebuilt routes be the norm?

I think first off the community seriously needs to decide what it wants Dovetail to focus on, most you want your cake and eat it.
    Its like:-
    The Community Berates DTG about wanting Item B*
    DTG Deliver's Item B to the surprise and astonishment of the Community.
    The community now starts questioning DTG about the logic of Item B and wonders if it means that there will be more Item B's in the future?
    The community shows its distaste of item B and would prefer DTG work on Item A or even Item C or possibly D!

I mean what do you want?
    Personally I would probably have to think twice about buying extended routes. The only one I would prefer to buy no problem would be A brand new Great Western Express* route set in 2018 / 2019 with a time table by the GOAT (Joethefish) that runs from Oxford - Paddington

It would have to be built from scratch and not extended as so much has changed to the route over the past few years.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Anything post 2000 and not within the area previously served by Network SouthEast would be nice.

I mean fine, another London Centric commuter route is all well and good but there's another 250+ miles to the West and 500+ miles to the North that are basically untouched in the game, much of it with interesting differences in stock, gradient, maneuvers, speed and scenery

3rd Rail is all well and good and HSTs were great also, but c'mon, there's loads more to the UK rail scene than shuttling back and forth into London!

• Like Like x 1
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Definitely agree there.

Hentis

17. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I'd be okay with this. Would love to see NTP extended from Liverpool Lime St - York for example.