Clear Question: Will There Be New Steam Achievements?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shamanspark, Aug 13, 2022.

1. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

I mean really new, not the same again like in 2020 and 2?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unlikely
    I mean they'll be "new" s in you will have to start again from scratch and complete all those lovely miles driving yet again, but they're going to be the same thing as in "complete this scenario", "drive this train this quickly" etc etc

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Honestly I just wish they would stop making DLC specific achievements and just stick to general core game achievements. Like the original ones that used to be "load X tons of coal", "switch X number of switches". They could do more similar things like "drive a german EMU for X kilometres", "reach 280km/h", etc.

DLC specific achievements are really bad for those that actually care about achievements and try to 100% games. With every new DLC adding new achievements, completing a game for 100% is basically impossible. Though usually I'm not an achievement hunter myself, I sitll think DLC specific achievements is a bad practice and game developers should be sticking to core-game achievements only.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’m terribly bored of reach level 20, drive 1001 miles. I don’t mine the collectible ones but appreciate they’re not everyone’s cuppa.

I don’t have anything more constructive on what I’d like to be fair

5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I won't do all the collectables for all the darn TSW2 and 1 routes again

• Like Like x 2
  6. ARuscoe

I don't have a problem with "Complete the journey in a 375" rather than "drive this one run from Rochester to Strood"
    Though I would absolutely love it if they made achievements for "haul a million tons of coal a million miles" or something stupid

7. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

I really hope we can enable console commands in TSW3 because the collectables are just tedious busywork. One of the main reasons is so I don't have to have them pop when I don't intend to collect anything. Adding collectables for players to find can be fun for some, but takes out of immersion for others.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to do the "drive 10,000 miles" and "collect all collectables" all over again. :D.... They should have achievements like on time departures or completing services in different/dynamic weather.

9. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

They said in the stream that every route will be getting completely new achievements.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Drive 10002 miles

• Like Like x 2
  11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Most miles you have to do is 500 instead of 10000 this time. There isn't any gold medals achievements like TSW2.

TSW3: Proclaimer
    Drive any locomotive for 500 miles

I would rather see something like "complete a set of route tasks in Cane Creek" than do them all again. Must've collected 1000+ across TSW2 and TSW2020.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  12. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

i'd rather see a drivers log, where it keeps track of your driving like it does in Omsi,

so the idea is to actually improve your train driving skills and route knowledge, time keeping, passenger comfort, use of safety systems etc, rather than get a medal for using a switch, and another for driving say 42.3km in a BR423,

But i guess that would get people driving the routes / timetables over and over to improve their driving, rather than thinking they have completed that DLC by collecting everything, and it's time to buy a new DLC just to get new things to collect (which 90% are the same, use the wipers, put the headlights on, drive xx miles)

• Like Like x 1
  13. ARuscoe

If people are interested in perfecting driving skills then they're likely to get their enjoyment from doing so

The collectables and achievements are probably more to give "instant achievement" to those just starting in the game. DTG have said several times they want people to be able to get the game up, click a few times and have trains moving...
    That this can now be done in the training centre is one thing that COULD lead to a more realistic experience going forward where timetable mode actually uses the safety systems rather than them all being off by default (though I doubt it)