Tsw Dlc Sale?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RailjetCD, Aug 11, 2022.

1. RailjetCD

RailjetCD New Member

Since TSW 3 has been announced will there be any sales for dlc and if so, when? Is it worth buying new dlc now or wait for TSW 3?

• Like Like x 1
  2. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Well at launch the only DLC that will be available is all the DLC from TSW 2020 & TSW2 so if there's any you don't have that goes on sale between now and Sept 6th it would be well worth buying it! I think the only issue with the current DLC for TSW3 is that it will probably be like the 2020 DLC was when TSW2 first launched and only work on one or the other so my advice if you're bothered about achievements is to pick your fave DLC packs and work towards getting them completed achievement wise so that you can the concentrate on them in TSW3 while working towards finishing others on TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I doubt there'll be an xbox sale between now and then, but if there is it will be on TSW2 rather than TSW3, but of course as soon as TSW3 is out you will get the licenses for any TSW2 content you own so you'd be "buying both"

4. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

You would possibly expect it if a company is retiring a superceded product but I don't remember it happening with TSW 2020 titles when TSW2 was launched? However, with TSW2 there was at least an 'if posdible' effort to update older routes to the later specification... But from what I gather there has been no commitment to do the same for TSW2 routes to TSW3?

5. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Except for dynamic weather.

6. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

Well, they did remove TSW 2020 from the Xbox store (assuming other stores as well) so if you don't own those routes you now have to buy each DLC separately.

In general though, since moving over to an Xbox from my PS4 Pro I'm pretty shocked at how many sales the Xbox doesn't have compared to the PS Store for TSW DLC. It's not like there's no sales on Xbox, there's a different one each week including semi-regular 'DLC' sales which TSW doesn't appear in. It'd be good to know why this is(n't) happening on Xbox when sales on the PS Store were pretty regular

7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I think we will be waiting a long time for a Microsoft sale. Maybe next summer if we are lucky!

After buying the initial release in July 2018, I gave up waiting and bought the PC version via Steam and only buy for my Xbox in a sale. However there is 10% off TSW3 with the steam route, so may invest in that and leave the PC version until a steam sale. It is robbery that we have to pay again if we want it on PC and Xbox or PS.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022