Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Most definitely! As there is no pre-order discount on the Standard edition and the Starter packs don't go on sale until full release day (and then £10 overpriced) I will most definitely be studying attentively the feedback from those who pre-ordered, good and bad.

• Like Like x 7
  2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Both have 'Hit the nail on the head' with your comments. I am waiting to see if DTG are to do a night drive (midnight+) in TSW3 to test their lighting.

• Like Like x 3
  3. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

Does the 375 with the southeastern extended come with newer Electrostar sounds like the London commuter (377) did?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It’s really not worth stressing over. Just play it 4 days after release like everyone else who hasn’t pre-ordered it. Is it really worth an extra tenner or twenty pounds for 4 days play or for a few decals? In the intervening time, entertain yourself by reading all the angry comments from people who did pay the extra when they find all the bugs and misplaced trees.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Before you tell me I‘m wrong, you could at least check.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/posts/517839/

7. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m struggling to find any scam. A scam is a deceptive or fraudulent act. DTG have not been deceptive or fraudulent. They have told you exactly what you can and cannot buy and what you can pre-order. It seems to be a “thing” these days to equate “I don’t like this” to mean it is a scam.

• Like Like x 13
  8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I have to say I’m deliberating preorder today and whether to keep it

• Like Like x 3
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Personally I intend to sit on my hands for the time being. None of the routes strike me as must haves although some are interesting.There's always bugs with new versions of games, it's not just a DTG thing, what matters is how serious they are and how swiftly or otherwise DTG provide fixes. I also want to see just how long it takes DTG to get saves in a good place and how many routes are covered. Realistically it's unlikely I'll be in a position where I might start thinking about buying TSW3 before next year at the earliest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I bought it and I think it's worth the price, because you pay 60€(in Germany) for 4 routes it's just 10€ more than Standart version, of course everyone has always the option to wait until it's cheaper

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. lewielevy

lewielevy Well-Known Member

A bit random, but does anyone know what song is used for this Announce Trailer? I can't find any results searching lyrics, nor can Shazam identify it.

12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I think it is too early for TSW3 but looking at the list I find nothing there for me even if I was looking to buy. I'm into UK routes but SOS is not for me so the only choice is a slightly longer SEHS. I have already got SEHS so don't fancy paying for it again but if they had done a new route then I might have looked.

In other games where they release a new version every year, FIFA etc, some say on the forums that to get value a real sense that things have changed in the game that should miss one year. So if you bought FIFA 20 you would miss FIFA 21 then get FIFA 22. So I might give TSW3 a miss and wait for TSW4 and save a few pennies.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

DTG JD TrainSim-Matt Can you please tell me why isn't there a standard bundle for TSW3 where Spirit of Steam Route is bundled with the other 3 new routes, instead of the Southeastern High-speed route? My main point is that I already got the southeastern high-speed route already, the only one I am missing is the spirit of the steam route. It doesn't make any sense for me to pay extra for the deluxe edition when the only route that I am missing is the spirit of the steam route. I am sure others here will ask this question as well. :(:mad:

• Like Like x 7
  15. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

buy the TSW2 version then of SOS

16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Do you know that will be more than the deluxe edition? I am not going to pay that amount. ITS RIDICULOUS

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

It does seem like the bundles they created for TSW3 either benefit in many cases and “Disadvantage” the rest

If DTG had the plan to give SEHS extension for those who have SEHS then a bundle should have been created with that in mind (I would have proposed meeting half way at £34.99 (including VAT as I know that’s not up to DTG etc) for Cajon and Kassel with TSW3 for those who have SEHS).

There’s already 6 bundles, 7 wouldn’t hurt the too many bundles debate

Edit: bundles do seem more focused on new players rather than existing

a create your own bundle may have been nice idea, with DTG setting what you can pick together

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  18. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

So i was driving along in the ICE3 running a express to koln and I thought about the release of TSW3. Here is what I am thinking, Why release a new game when TSW2 is far from fixed? Why did DTG not tell us they put all their resources into another game instead of fixing TSW2? Then I thought some more and it dawned on me oh that's right DTG wants a new game to release the same content with longer routes over again and make more money off it instead adding the extensions to the routes to TSW2.
    About 5 min before i pulled into Koln I also thought am I going to preorder TSW3 at it's current price of 54 USD my answer was a quick NO!
    Do i enjoy TSW2 -Absolutley minus all the crashing.
    Miles driven - A little over 9k
    Level - I stopped looking after 50
    Miles walked -70
    So with that why am I not preordering 3? Well it's simple one it's over priced, two I don't intend to start over , three i am not loosing my progress on the routes i own. Yes i know there is a new route with 3 and a bunch of enhancements but that don't justify the price for me .

• Like Like x 6
  19. lewielevy

lewielevy Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, legend!

20. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Burned twice, first purchased TSW (361 hours), then bought TSW2 (10.2 hours). Both never lived up to the hype. Filled with broken promises, still no editor and never will. TSW as been collecting it's share of unfixed bugs just as it's predecessor. I have been done with the TSW franchise. It's made for the console gamers anyhow. Staying with TSC, more routes, an editor, tons of free reskins and stand alone DLC. IMHO the whole intent of TSW franchise was to make it a captive market by making it extremely difficult to add content not made or endorsed by DTG and trying not to let it get away from them like Train Simulator. I am voting with my wallet. Look forward to this buy this game again and again every few years in this franchise and charging for the amenities that should have been there in the first place. Console users are the least interested in the full scope of train simulation, and not interested in the creative aspect, mostly interested in getting to the end of the run and getting points, arcade style. Note: this is my opinion and may not be based on fact, only perception.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  21. OldVern

Or a £14.99 (okay too optimistic - £19.99) base package with the core game and Training Hub, plus SEHS and/or SoS enhanced if you own either or both in TSW2.

Sadly I feel the pricing and other aspects of the marketing, the intransigence over putting the save game back in, indicates a very EA type mindset is alive and kicking at DTG. Bearing in mind the company evolved as a breakout from Kuju who collaborated with EA to release Rail Simulator in 2007, it would be interesting to know what percentage of ownership EA or their senior personnel actually have staked in DTG.

• Like Like x 5
  22. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

RSDL (later renamed Dovetail) was in fact founded by Paul Jackson, who originally worked at EA UK and was apparently heavily involved in the Sims franchise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

You can always make a route, you just need to know how unreal engine works and you need the type of UE4.26 DTG uses, but it's still a more difficult way than it is in TS, I don't think, that an editor could make it easier to create a route, because in the UE version DTG uses they already have all the type of models you need to create a route. I'm not an expert but I worked with Unreal engine so I don't think that it shouldn't be impossible if DTG would let us use their UE version to create our own routes

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Agreed also reactivate quick resume on gen 9 consoles.

• Like Like x 2
  25. eldomtom2

Well, you can't really, because no one outside of two companies has managed to get into the TSW dev program.

• Like Like x 3
  26. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

*4 companies

27. eldomtom2

Oh yeah, JustTrains (though we haven't seen anything from them yet, presumably because of TSW3) and that German guy who's name I forget. Either way, it's not exactly accessible.

• Like Like x 1
  28. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Maik from TrainSimGermany.

But, no I do agree it doesn’t seem accessible, but to be fair to DTG, it probably is hard to talk companies round to producing content for a new title, seems to be an unnecessary risk, especially if they’re doing well with TSC.

Obviously I can’t speak as to how difficult DTG make it with their own stipulations.

29. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

As far as I understand it, it’s not so complicated. However, in order to get access to the tools, you need to sign a contract with DTG and probably need to have a business. This needs to be done due to license issues, which also prevents DTG from making an editor for the community.

Pls correct me, anybody, If I got it completely wrong…

30. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Sam said last week there's nothing stopping a group of people clubbing together and being "3rd party mods" so I would imagine the reason the "usual suspects" (ie ATS/ AP etc) haven't done so is because they cannot publish themselves so would have less financial income from whatever routes they made. All publishing rights would go to DTG to get onto consoles and via steam and Epic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

I remember a stream where Matt said that if a group of Blender/Maya/3DMax modellers, UE engine experienced coders sent them a proposal, they'd be open to their vision. NDA contracts as a must etc.

32. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Good. The amount of third party websites and mods for TSC is a maze with endless dependencies. Glad to see TSW not getting the same mess.

• Like Like x 2
  33. devonte333

devonte333 New Member

The game looks ok but they should have extended the southeastern Ramsgate Or Maidstone West and the price is to expensive for a route we already have.

34. eldomtom2

One wonders precisely what would be necessary to prove experience...
    Well you haven't gotten anything in replacement for those third party routes etc...

35. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Presumably a track record of developing routes for TSxx and/or any of the other major train sims. Getting UE experienced coders with an interest in train sims might be somewhat more difficult though. Perhaps UE experienced coders who have developed for other games?

36. OldVern

It depends what you buy or in the case of freeware choose to download. Most of the items on Steam are complete packages, exception being the Metropolitan Line where you have to buy the S7+1 stock separately. However I have had some horrendous scavenger hunts trying to gather assets for a number of "free" routes I decided to try, whether from DLC, numerous items from UKTS or other third party sites any or all which could be here today or gone tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Had the same experience, with freeware routes and some payware routes, too.
    I'd largely given up on TSC 3rd party, except for High Iron and a few other loco makers. And I had a really hard time with the Workshop, so finally gave up on that too.

38. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah, stuff from Steam is usually pretty reliable. Descriptions are clear on what's included (as long as you read the small texts too), reviews are awesome to have, and you don't need to worry about loosing your serial keys and keep your own files save.

Third party developers are a good thing. Third party retailers can be a mess. (Unless they sell Steam keys, like Rivet does for example)

I gave up before I tried. Not gonna even start with that puzzle.

39. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

There's some excelent third party developed stuff out there on Steam for TSC. Never bought anything else than Steam keys though.

Quality of workshop differs really. I had a few very good community created routes for TSC, but the majority were... well... rubbish...
    At least they're free, and can be unsubscribed easily, so all I lost was a bit of my time. I guess that's what hobbies are for. :)

• Like Like x 1
  40. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

By getting a lot of people to pre-order, those people won't get a chance to hear the whines and moans before they purchase. Remember, refund time is only 2 hours of gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  41. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Alright this might sound a bit to blunt, but i need to get this off my chest, This game is amazing in many ways, but however Train SIM world 3 is a make or bust year for dovetail games, I have never seen more broken promises in my life just to make a quick buck, the longer routes are great but here's my question, Why did it take 4 going on 5 years to do longer routes, like this game is kinda of an insult to the community and only shows the laziness, TSW 2020 and TSW2 had major potential, but its gone down the drain soooooooo no point in reviving them, Soooo here's my question to Dovetail games, Train Sim World 3: Why?
    Is it because you're gonna make everyone pay 49.99 USD again Bi yearly, Train Sim world 3 is really good and really amazing, I really like the longer routes, A proper high-speed route, and extensions for the first time and a proper USA freight route that ill never touch, But yet this all just seems like a big middle finger to us and its such a shame that this will probably happen in 2024/2025 where we have to go through this over and over and over and over again, *Sigh* When will you guys ever learn to actually utilize the potential the train SIM world series has Just Like In Train Sim Classic

• Like Like x 6
  42. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Gotta hand it to you, wanting longer routes and then feeling insulted that DTG have started making longer routes, is quite the flex.

• Like Like x 6
  43. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Now that DTG has announced the long Kassel - Würzburg route, I see no reason why we wouldn't also get London - Paris at some point in the not too distant future. The game already has the TGV and most of the high speed line in Southeast England. Getting a license from the operator might be an obstacle but in theory the route is starting to seem very much possible.

• Like Like x 1
  44. ARuscoe

No point having the route if you can't have the trains to populate it

• Like Like x 1
  45. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

What i dream to see is a international passanger route, like, portugal, spain france german and Uk, this is brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
  46. eldomtom2

Or they take the obvious choice and have "BR Class 374 trains" travelling through "the undersea connection between England and France".

• Like Like x 1
  47. ARuscoe

Unless the BR Class 374 is also IPed to Eurostar...

48. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, it's the Channel Tunnel suggestion again... people really think a 50 km tunnel would make a great DLC? :|

• Like Like x 5
  49. ARuscoe

The suggestion was to Paris, not Callais

50. eldomtom2

I can almost guarantee that Eurostar owns no rights to the mechanical design of the Siemens Velaro.

• Like Like x 2