Train Sim World 3 Q&a - Tuesday 16th August

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

This was discussed on the roadmap stream.

2. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

Will we see more route extensions in the future of the game, whether similar or dissimilar to the South Eastern High-Speed route and will we eventually see routes like the London Commuter and Brighton to Eastbourne and Seaford being merged to create a better and more immersive experience?

Are there plans in the future, whether this comes in as TSW4 or a TSW3 update, to move the game to the updated Unreal Engine 5?

Are there any long-term plans to eventually have routes connect directly to make it truly Train Sim World? As my biggest criticism of the game is that it doesn't feel like it can be called "Train Sim World", especially with routes from Central and South America, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Asia, Africa and the Middle-East remaining MIA.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

SOS will have all the TSW3 features too

4. karan#5946

karan#5946 Well-Known Member

Will there be a class 376 on Train sim world 3 from Gravesend platform 0 to Dartford because it runs on that line?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. CowBoyWolf

Nothing on the roadmap yet

6. CowBoyWolf

Its included

7. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

4 - There won't be any Southern services at Ashford, as they run using class 171 trains, which we don't currently have in TSW.
    5 - We won't see any trains in platforms 1-4, as we don't have any EMR trains yet. They said on the roadmap stream that there will be a few TGV 'test' trains in platforms 5-10 so if you have the LGV route you will see those. There won't be any Eurostar services, as we don't have any Eurostar trains in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Are you planning to release any Dlc's after TSW3? Are you planning any more Scottish routes? (Please make another Scottish route!)

9. feard

feard Member

I hope in the new game when ever you load into one of your available routes it doesn’t automatically send you into something and let us decide. Otherwise I have to sit there wait for it to load in then leave and load something completely different. This be helpful as for some reason my game crashes 3/4 times a day

10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

With LZB having an overall, are those locos which have LZB in TSW2 still compatible with LZB in TSW3? Or will we not be able to run these with LZB on the new routes?

11. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

You can change that in the settings feard

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. feard

feard Member

May I know which setting?

13. feard

feard Member

Nevermind I have found the button

14. feard

feard Member

I hope there is a way in train 3 to load in your auto saves from inside the map and not on the menu.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Will the missing whistle boards on eastbound track at Hoo junction be adde? (TSW2 and TSW3)

• Like Like x 1
  16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That means these autoracks Hccrrs Ddm 915. Otherwise DTG will attach Laaers 560 to the back.

17. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

1. Something that be great would a be a pdf timetable of the service. If possible
    2. Can we have a insight for what is on the ecml section that we have seen in the screen shots.
    3. Will the be if not now in future possibilities of sitting in the seats on the platforms.
    4. Are we going to have articles about each route.
    5. Will all routes have the new pass midnight timetable like in the Germany route.
    6.is it possible to choose rainbow or is that like old version.
    7. Will we have ai freight using the junction to ecml.
    8. Will Faversham have full access to the sidings.
    9. Can livery designer in future have a feature so u chose which number is for the design so we can make full use of different liveries for the correct train and not impacts dtg liveries u have put out.

• Like Like x 2
  18. CowBoyWolf

To TSW3 yes

19. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

Are there any limitations to the game engine that can prevent massive High-Speed lines such as the Eurostar route through High Speed 1 and LGV Nord, or are limitations primarily from route licencing?

20. CowBoyWolf

Company License is the issue with Eurostar

21. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Will Train Sim World 2 Saved Data For PS4 And PS5 Transfer To Train Sim World 3 Or do we have to start from Level one again?

22. CowBoyWolf

Start from level one i think

23. cachyvolman

cachyvolman New Member

yeah they could have just added it later as an extention and could have actually added a uk route theat people actually wanted like wcml or swml yh cool we get 6 new stations bur no new rolling stock [class 700 707 376] i feel like these lot are being lazy

24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

CowBoyWolf This thread is for questions for DTG to answer, it’s not for you to answer everyone’s questions especially when you don’t know the correct answer and are just guessing. Please stop.

• Like Like x 2
  25. CowBoyWolf

Well I'm just responding to what i have heard DTG say in there stream so some people can be aware of that before hand

• Like Like x 1
  26. tvpigy

tvpigy New Member

So for a long time while playing the TSW games the one thing that has always annoyed me was the train headlights. Mainly how you can see the glow (not the glow on the ground) up close but when you get far away they disappear. (I've noticed that the EOT light on American trains you can see from far away) In real life you can see headlights from miles away, Searchlight Simulation's older stuff is a pretty good example of what its supposed to looks like. Will you guys be fixing that for TSW3 or is it something that unreal just wont allow?

• Like Like x 1
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That doesn’t work when you are giving people incorrect or incomplete answers which you are, even saying it is just what you think the answer is in your answers, so I will repeat my request on behalf of everyone. Stop answering all the questions and let DTG answer them fully in the stream. Thank you.

28. CowBoyWolf

Shared from TSC Discord from the latest roadmap

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  29. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

TSW3 is following the exact same pattern as TSW2 and giving us two new routes and a remaster. Admittedly SPG was new to XBox and Playstation but it was actually worse valise for PC as there was no extension as with SEHS, just an upgrade.

Since DLC is £25 to make, there is no way DGT can sustain selling three new routes for £40. Almost every release of TSW has included at least one route that has been released before (sometimes on a different platform), the only one the didn't was RH, and look how well that turned out!

I agree it's a shame there is no new UK route this time round but since it was America in TSW2 it will probably be Germany's turn next time round. My guess is they are holding off things like the WCML until they can really do it justice.

To call DGT lazy for giving us two and a half new routes is a bit unfair, especially before they have been released or even showcased!

• Like Like x 1
  30. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

1- Can we get a little more of a technical explanation of why a new game edition was needed. It's been stated that it was to allow training center and decoupling of vehicles from parent routes, but why is that such a significant change to the game that we needed another version?
    2- Can we still expect fixes on the rush hour thru current DLC that was promised in the spring as the summer job? Or are you planning on sweeping this under the rug with all the TSW3 stuff.
    3- Matt explained on Thursday that dynamic weather has a "pool" of weather patterns that can be transitioned to. How often are the transitions implemented in a service cycle? I hold a masters in meteorology so I have a good understanding of how the atmosphere works and if the weather changes too quickly, especially on shorter routes/distances, that will really cut the immersion factor and ruin it (i.e., in the real world you don't go from sunny, not a cloud in the sky, to a full downpour in 15 minutes).
    4- With the lighting changes and the work on fixing eye-adaptation, can we finally see cabs not go pitch dark in tunnels and at night - such that we can still make out where controls are on the desk/control stand - especially when the train has computer screens.
    5- Last year after the rush hour fiasco, you said you'll never again do three routes at the same time to avoid the complications. Since you've created two new routes (the longest yet to date, and completely revamped two other routes for TSW3 features which apparently required a ground up approach) along with "rebuilding the core", what changed?
    6- Why does all the US content, specifically loco quality, seem to be slapped together at the last minute? See my thread about the ES44 for Cajon. The audio still needs work, and the MFD screens in the cab are wrong and continually lack all but super basic functionality. If this is a simulator, surely we should be trying to represent the locos and their feature set as best as possible for those of us that want that extra bit of experience. Pretty scenery is great but it needs to be balanced with the simulation side of things too.

31. michael.roodbol

michael.roodbol New Member

Hello

1. Will your savegame profile from tsw2 transfer to tsw3 or do you have to start all over?
    2. Will journey mode for tsw2 routes including the services will be the same?

greetings

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  32. rilijsellard

rilijsellard Member

Explain why Dovetail is suddenly launching a new game when TSW2 still needs work?
    Explain why all the patches for TSW2 bugs are removed from the planner?
    I am highly disappointed in Dovetail for this poor decision called TSW3 when TSW2 still needs ALOT of work done to it.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

i have a suggestion as maybe a QOL thing that could be investigated, but I am myself autistic and I cant deal with sudden very loud sounds, I realize that lightning is going to be in this, but maybe there could be an option in the settings to either prevent the thunder claps from being activated within a specific distance of the player, or could muffle the sound down to a lower volume so that it can be heard but not be so loud as to put the autistic players into a sudden meltdown? I have problems with this and i have a nearby lightning strike captured on video and my reaction was basical to scream an expletive and have to go lie down for the rest of the day.

34. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Is the new tsw2 bakerloo timetable releasing with tsw3 or is it still part of my paid tsw2 price?

1. will route dlcs be less frequent now they’re longer?
    2. How easy was the route extension, will this inspire more?
    3. Dresden night lighting?
    4. What happened to dioramas?
    5. Are DTG travelling freely to new places again now?
    6. Why are tsw2 preserved updates releasing on 3 first? When will they come to 2 or can we be transparent this is a sales driven approach?
    7. Dynamic weather, how many variations are there or does it just go dry, wet, dry every run?

35. TheChickenWing

TheChickenWing New Member

Hello,

are you planning to store the locos, wagons etc. which comes with a route dlc outside of the route-file? For example in a different folder in the game-folder-structure to avoid different versions of one loco?

Is the breaking-display which is implemented in the ICE3 also implemented in the ICE1? In the preview-stream it is not.

All in all I am very happy to see the new features and improvements! I am looking forward to the next streams and to play TSW3 in the future! :)

Best Regards

36. ringoffire#6261

ringoffire#6261 New Member

How long will we have to wait for the core routes from TSW2 to be available?

37. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The save game issue will not lie down. The existing save mechanism needs to be reinstated for release or as soon as possible after. What timescales are you putting on the issue? What and when is your fallback position to reinstate the current save game if insufficient progress is made with a new system. What timescale are you giving the programmers to solve the issue - two weeks, four weeks, three months?

Sound. At a minimum TSW3 should be introducing more track sound effects such as bridge/tunnel/wall reverb or clatter over bridges etc. Has this been achieved to at least the standard of TSC or do we continue with the flat track and motion effects we currently have? If these effects have been enabled will existing routes be updated to reflect the enhancements?

• Like Like x 4
  38. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

You can use every route and loco that you bought or that came with the route that you bought all of it gets transferred over

39. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Will the white flashes and flickering textures in cab be fixed on xbox think it's called z fighting and will the wheel blur be fixed on xbox aswell?

40. MetroMad1229

MetroMad1229 Well-Known Member

1. Will old DLCs be carried over to TSW2 including Sand Patch Grade, Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and Bakaloo Line?
    2. Will the scenarios on Southeastern High Speed Extended be the same as the ones from the old Southeastern High Speed?
    3. Will the snow effects exist on old routes or only just Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel-Würzburg?

41. Just a couple of questions about the dynamic weather...

Is there a toggle to switch it on or off?

Also is it seasonal, ie not likely to start snowing in the middle of June?

Thanks.

42. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Will there be Amtrak equipment for Cajon Pass? I probably think not because Amtrak runs one in each direction.

43. CowBoyWolf

Yup you can either choose dynamic weather or just normal weather as in TSW2 right now
    Also yes it is seasonal as the temp would still need to be below zero to recive snow

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. CowBoyWolf

Nope there won't be Amtrak Equipment

• Like Like x 1
  45. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

With the dynamic weather, does the geographical location of the route affect the propabilities of certain weather types? For example, will it rain more often in the southeastern England than in California?

• Like Like x 1
  46. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

This was already addressed in an earlier stream. All old DLC will be available in TSW3 on release, except those three that you mentioned as they need to be "broken free" from the TSW2 base game package and made into separate DLC packages. This will be done, but not available on launch.

47. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Why are there no RLU/FLU stopping boards? Even with no class 700 they should still be there.

48. smudge3161

smudge3161 New Member

I would like to ask are there any plans to extend the SEHS route beyond Faversham and connect to Ashford since extending to Ashford from Ebbsfleet Station. I feel this will please a lot of the community, including myself and give us the full route to use the class 395 and full experience of a real life Train drivers shift. It would be so good to drive the circle roue from St.Pancras to St.Pancras via Ashford, Ramsgate etc.

49. jaemes.hunt

jaemes.hunt Member

In the last stream, there was a short clip showing the animation of the ES44C4’s centre axle lift.

In that clip, wheelslip was purposely produced to trigger the animation of the air cylinders. During the wheel slip the hubs and wheels of the centre axle could be clearly seen rotating whilst the locomotive was stationary. The ES44C4 has no traction motors on the centre axle on both bogies/trucks, therefore the wheels would not have been rotating if stationary.

Will this animation be fixed prior to release or in a later update?

50. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

How many total services is the new SEHS route will have and how many AI services total.With Darford alone I expect high volumes of AI's and new services.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.