Train Sim World 3 Q&a - Tuesday 16th August

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

Are there any plans to add Cross Border routes, such as those operating from Germany to the Netherlands with the DB Class 407?

2. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

It's great that we can now pick services by train instead of by route, but does this mean there will be duplicates of trains that there are multiple versions of, such as the 377?

3. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Will the SOS more advanced steam/fireman simulation be implemented at launch? Aswell as the Bauxite wagons being in the correct order in the train in some of the services fix? Thanks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

What action has been taken to top,all the large stutters on high end pcs ? Has a fix been established?

• Like Like x 1
  5. flystentz

flystentz Member

Have the wheel blur been fixed?

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Will the new particle effect system uses on SOS, be used for diesel exhaust?

7. flystentz

flystentz Member

Will the AI trains, BR146 and BR442 be TSW3 trains, or transfers with the automated light detection?

If they are updated versions, will the be updated for older routes, or would it be different trains like the Class 377?

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Have the temperature profiles for the months been fixed so that the full range of weather that can reasonably be expected in real life can also be selected in the game? The temperatures for the UK for example were far too high as they seemed like they were averages or average peak highs or something and therefore snow was unable to be used except in one month. It hardly ever got cold enough.

9. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

1. Would you be able to elaborate more on the new technologies added to TSW3? We have always heard about the delicate balance that exists between what is possible vs. running up on memory issues. The new clouds, weather and lighting would seem to suggest that some efficiencies were discovered to allow this as I'm guessing 3D clouds use a lot more memory than the existing 2D image we have today. Will the new sim have improved frame rates on older routes? For the most part I do see a solid 60FPS on Xbox Series X, however there are spots here and there where the frames dip. Just wondering if the new platform smooths everything out. Also regarding tech, are there any additions such as DLSS / FSR 2.0 support? I guess in the same theme of the new sim's tech, is it the case that the new cloud system could not be ported to the older TSW2 routes as the clouds, weather, and lighting come as one package and would require all those elements to be reworked into older routes?

2. During the reveal stream of TSW3 it seemed to me like chat was upset that there was this whole new version number attached to it. It seemed like people may have been expecting something completely new with a new version number? (I'm not quite sure). Could you explain the decision in releasing a new version number vs. a simple title update like last year's Rush Hour? My guess is that it creates a clear delineation between older TSW2 routes with older lighting, cloud, weather techniques and the new stuff we will see going forward, however perhaps there are other reasons that DTG could help to explain.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Do you mean something like Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Utrecht 156km 96 mi. On the Training Centre level a track will be made for DB BR407 1429 tri voltage 189 232 363 if fitted with ATB EG NG ETCS Level 2 NS Dutch Railways VIRM ICNG SNG and 193. The Dutch Trains that can run the whole HDU
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht
    are 406 NS Dutch Railways and BR 193 NS Dutch Railways Paint.

11. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

Will TSW2 routes get achievements when they get added to TSW3?

And to repeat my previous questions in case they got lost.
    Will the wheel blur be fixed in TSW3?
    Will we get a proper photomode in TSW3?

12. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I almost forgot I had one last question, This question pertains to Multiple Liveries Popping up on one Train... Will this issue be fixed in Train Sim World 3 Or do I expect To run something like the Harlem line And still see Three deliveries displaying at once Even though I chose one? I personally Dislike This Bug And can Be Immersion breaking.

13. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Would DTG consider releasing TSW3 routes on TSW2? Of course with the standard TSW2 features; no dynamic weather or other TSW3 features?

Because not everyone is going to necessarily care about improved weather, skies, or better details: some of just want to drive the trains, and enjoy TSW2 to its full potential. Look at Train Sim for example; a lot of people still play it, and buy content for it, despite it having poorer graphics and looks than that of Train Sim World.

14. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

DTG JD TrainSim-Matt Can you please tell me why isn't there a standard bundle for TSW3 where the Spirit of Steam Route is bundled with the other 3 new routes, instead of the Southeastern High-speed route? My main point is that I already got the southeastern high-speed route already, the only one I am missing is the spirit of the steam route. It doesn't make any sense for me to pay extra for the deluxe edition when the only route that I am missing is the spirit of the steam route. I am sure others here will ask this question as well. :(:mad:

15. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Does sega release new sonic the hedgehog content for sonic 2?
    I think you might need that reality check that there’s likely zero business sense to release new routes onto an old game.

Let’s think about this logically, DTG have announced that they are releasing preserved updates we’ve waited for onto tsw3 first. This is to encourage people to buy it and move over. That’s all you need to see in terms of future support. Once they do get around to tsw2 updates you’ll be done. There’s zero incentive to backfill or create routes for a product they’ve moved on from.

On the plus point, if you’re car manufacturer will give you the latest features a year or two after they’ve moved on from it let me know

16. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

When Matt was talking about the the power of the ES44AC was he referring to distributed power?

17. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

correct.

18. DTG JD

These are available to check on the Roadmap articles (part 1) - we specify which changes are coming to which version of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DTG JD

I believe this is the plan. Would likely be Cajon we'd start with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DTG JD

all the core features on TSW3.

• Like Like x 1
  21. DTG JD

Discount is until launch, and you can get Early Access after the window has started (i.e. between 2nd and 6th September).

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG JD

1. Yes, all but the TSW2 core routes (BKL, SKA, SPG, and New Journeys Expansion) may come a little later as they require new Store pages.
    2. There will be new scenarios (as well as existing).
    3. Dynamic weather will port to legacy content (TSW3 Compatible content), but other features will not.

23. DTG JD

Yes and yes. There are 4 'seasonal' patterns.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. DTG JD

Bauxite wagons, yes. Manual fireman, no.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DTG JD

Thank you for all your questions folks. Given the stream is today, I'm cutting off the question thread here. I won't lock the thread just yet, as I've replied to some of the questions that are yes/no answers over the weekend.

See you later!

• Like Like x 1
  26. gamepixelhd

gamepixelhd New Member

Will older routes still receive timetable updates and get more trains on them? For example, Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr has plenty of ICEs in real life, but none in TSW. Without this, older routes feel inferior due to nearly empty/dead-feeling stations.

Will the dynamic system (currently just weather in TSW3) be expanded upon? Such as delayed or cancelled trains that would affect your journey (in service mode, not scenarios).

Are any further improvements to the passenger system likely/planned? Suggestions include: passengers opening the doors themselves (instead of all doors opening automatically) and conductors - specifically in the UK - to add immersion.

Some routes (including Southeastern High Speed in TSW2) make you wait for passengers to board for longer than needed. Could this time be dynamic, so quieter stations and lower passenger numbers mean you can close the doors and leave the station more quickly and vice versa? This would create further diversity between journeys.

• Like Like x 1
  27. MrDerek

MrDerek New Member

Outside is 2022.
    1) The release of a new game on DX10 (when most games have been released with DX12 for more than 3 years).
    2) UE4? Why not switch to UE5 in the new game. It is more functional, does not require retraining of developers, simplifies the process of creating maps, already has built-in tools for optimization (Nanite) and realistic
    global illumination (Lumen).
    Is going back in a new game to old technology like going back in time? Isn't it strange?

28. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

Will it be possible to increase the draw distance via an engine.ini edit in TWS3 in the same way as TWS2?
    Also, will there be a similar way to increase shadow distance beyond the standard amount?

29. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

In regards to no2: There will be new scenarios (as well as existing). If the existing scenarios of SEHS are carried over to TSW3: will the ill fated scenario 'Fast Lane' finally be working correctly in TSW3 ?

30. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Late abstract from the "Spirit Of Save" thread.
    If you remain unwilling to restore the current save game in TSW3 please consider doing so by opening up a beta/test path option in Steam. That will allow users to continue to assist with investigations and report via Matt's spreadsheet, but avoid distressing new players in the main game who encounter the broken save bug.

31. Allan

Allan Member

Will there be dynamic timetable so the same timetable route is not always the same and AI trains can also be late ect

32. Allan

Allan Member

Will the dynamic weather effect the AI trains also? If it starts snowing the AI trains can get behind schedule?

33. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

In Train sim world 3 will the class 395 and class 375 and 465 have the extenisons

34. DTG JD

Not at this stage, no.

35. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Why do existing players have to pay for this game and not get the core update for free or at a hefty discount? Why not separate the core and charge the routes separately so players can have more options if they aren't interested in some or any of the routes on offer?

36. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Regarding Achievements. Will tsw 2 achievements/trophies be the same in tsw 3 or will be other kind of achievements?

37. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

Would It make more sense to buy spirit of steam before tsw3 releases or after in deluxe bundle?

38. michael.roodbol

michael.roodbol New Member

Does dynamic weather also be featured in TSW2 routes or only new TSW3 routes?

39. milo#9350

milo#9350 New Member

When can we see a New Jersey Transit DLC please

40. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Is there still ‘Explore On Foot’ mode for all routes or is still this just something that will be available for Training Centre? Haven’t seen that option on any of the new UI screenshots and it’s my preferred way of playing.

• Like Like x 1
  41. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

TSW 2020 and TSW2 routes too
    Wrong thread to ask that
    There prolly is but just not shown

42. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

For Train Sim World 2 and Train Sim World 3 Add Grand Central Terminal to Southeast and Grand Central Terminal to Croton Harmon Hudson line

43. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

[REMOVED - Alex - Inappropriate]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  44. psychorabbit#5927

psychorabbit#5927 New Member

I own Southeastern High-speed and want to buy TSW3 with all the routes included. There isn't an option where I can buy everything but SE High-speed, and DTG have said that if you own it already, you get it for free along with the game. Is there a way I will be able to do this, or is this miscommunication. The same goes for Spirit of Steam as-well.

45. psychorabbit#5927

As a hopeful underground enthusiast, will we see more London underground in TSW3? I asked this same question 6 months ago, about TSW2 and Matt replied with a, "Yes, in the future." Where is it!?

46. GrandMoffLucaPaguro

GrandMoffLucaPaguro Active Member

We do have the Bakerloo line, though it would be more fun if we had all the lines in game including their connections

47. psychorabbit#5927

I agree, I really want more LU!

48. psychorabbit#5927

Bakerloo was great, but the sounds were awful. Even an update for Bakerloo would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

How long will it take for the TSW2 core routes to be uncoupled and made available for TSW3? are we talking of just a few days or is it going to be weeks or months?

50. iphan318

iphan318 New Member

Can we get a full list of dlc/routes that will transfer over to TSW3 if you own them? I think that would remove a lot of confusion especially on the TSW2 core routes and the journey expansion pack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.