My Frustration With Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railfan1985, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I've held back thus far with regards to dtg and their blatant lies. Don't get me wrong, i love tsw even with its faults. Dtg said on multiple occasions that they were suspending further dlc until various bugs and fixes were solved. They blatantly lied. All this time dtg were working on tsw3. What dtg have been doing is admitting tsw2 is a bug riddled mess, and have been working on tsw3 since It's a slap in the face tbh. Constant broken promises, followed by pointless streams with no answers. Does anyone at dtg genuinely care? Because if they did, they wouldn't repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Don't even get me started on tsw3 bundles and prices big bloody woohoo.

Rant over, sorry folks, i had to get this off my chest.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well you can probably guarantee one thing.
    TSW3 will also be a bug riddled mess. Lots of promises to sort it out (as we are already seeing over the removed save game) followed by sweet fanny adams in the way of meaningful fixes.
    Moral of the story - think carefully before handing over any more money to this outfit.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I hear you. I´ve got the same rant stuck in my throat.
    DTG: At least get yourselves a decent TrainSimWorld 3 Label layout. The current one looks pathetic. Like the intern nailed it together in half an hour on Gimp.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG said nothing of the sort. They said that there was a lull in route production (while routes were being developed for them by outside contractors) and they were going to use the opportunity to go back and try to fix some of the issues they had since Rush Hour. Nothing more, nothing less. That may have got exaggerated by the community into them stopping everything until all the bugs were fixed but it isn’t what DTG said at all. Not everything has been fixed but they never blatantly lied like you and others are making out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Actually DTG did say that, and during a livestream. So, yes, they lied. How much are dtg paying you?

• Like Like x 5
  6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

This is my concern, TSW3 drops and is a bug riddled mess and suddenly there’s no QA space left to test TSW2 fixes and we’re left with two broken games for years to come. (Three if you count TSW2020)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine-9

Mine-9 New Member

My gripe with TSW3 is how come if you have Game Pass you get it for free, yet the PS players who have had to contend with tons of problems have to pay if they want it.

8. Mischief

Mischief Member

Bring it up with Sony. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could put TSW3 in with PS+ or something of the sort.

9. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I have a love hate with DTG.

I love that they made this game in the first place. TSW is by far my highest hour game, with well over 100 hours played this year. There is always new DLC coming out at a rapid pace so there is always something new to experience. There is no other game out there like this, particularly from a PlayStation point of view where it is literally the only train simulator available.

On the flip side my hate with them is that with the same rapid pace of DLC, they put stuff out with very glaring bugs, and then its a total crap shoot over whether it will ever get fixed. Some things are fixed a week after release, but more often than not a pretty sizeable issue can go 1 year + without getting fixed, meanwhile they are full steam ahead pushing out new stuff.

That said I am not going to hold back my money from TSW3 just to prove a point. DTG isn’t perfect but if not for them putting out these games and DLCs I’d have NO train sim fun so I will keep buying their stuff and hope they learn as they go. Say what you want about DTG they definitely have good community engagement. What other games do you even know the names of the creators, let alone have them show up on forums to occasionally address issues.

• Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They don’t pay me anything but I know exactly what they said was happening and it was how I described it not how you described it. If you would like to give me timestamps of the multiple times in live streams where they say they are “stopping DLC production” I would be very much obliged to hear them say that. It is quite strange how nobody has started a thread with a title like “DTG announce they are stopping all DLC production” if that is what they said. But they didn’t ever say that, so no forum threads. So no lies.

• Like Like x 3
  11. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

TSW2 is dead people. If not dead it's on life support and the plug will be pulled soon.

This game is made for many people at once not just an individual so they are never going to please one single person 100%.

And the complaints that this has been going on since TSW1, well if they are still doing what they did 5 years ago then that would make it the norm. So get used to it, its obviously not going to change.

• Like Like x 1
  12. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

this is true. In terms of graphics and sound it was almost dead from the beginning. Just bought it, because i thought it cannot be such a crap as TSW1. Lessons learned. One could avoid a lot troubles, just to stay away from DTG and the amount of non-sense in this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

This is what was said on the 3rd May Roadmap.

"As we mentioned in last month’s Roadmap stream - after Spirit of Steam has been released, we want to take some time to review the high-profile issues we’ve seen reported by the community (some of which are discussed below), and release the remaining Preservation Crew updates - so the Roadmap for the next couple of months is unlikely to move significantly in terms of Dovetail Games releases."

Though they specifically didn't say stopping DLC production, they said they were going to take time out to look at the issues which have been reported after Spirit of Steam was released. This was first mentioned in the 5th April Live stream which they link to in the article. Spirit of Steam was released on the 31st May and they have now announced a new game which releases in a couple of weeks, with no sign of the fixes being implemented or even the rest of the preservation crew updates being updated until after TSW3 releases.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Which is exactly how I stated it happened. There was no lying. They may not yet have released those Pres Crew updates and I doubt that many fixes have been completed because they aren’t that good at either of those things (and getting them through testing) but it is a long way from what the person I’m replying to initially said which was that DTG said that they were stopping DLC production until all the bugs were fixed and calling it a blatant lie. They didn’t tell us about TSW3 because they have changed their policy about announcing things too soon but the two routes were listed in some form on the roadmap and not all of their development staff can fix issues so they would still be building routes for that or later DLC anyway. It’s usual for DTG not to be very good at communication and also not live up to their promises but it isn’t lying.

The scope of what they wanted to fix probably doesn’t come close to what the community want them to fix either. It would have been crashes, memory use, red signals, the DLC limit on PS5 and the save game and probably just those. We know they have been working on them but how quick they come out of testing working properly and how successful they will be is another matter and these things always take much longer than we would like. As for the Pres Crew updates, they have been bounced around and altered in scope since they first started and haven’t been that successful at all. We now have PIS that doesn’t work on a couple of the routes, which is no better than having none, and the introduction of the broken Rush Hour passenger system put into all those routes too. Yay. It doesn’t help that Adam wears more hats and isn’t focused purely on Pres Crew stuff and the upgrades cause almost as many bugs as they cure, and of course they’re low priority for testing too. It’s all standard stuff for DTG and to be honest is very much expected.

As you can see from the above I’m not defending DTG here, I’m telling everyone I think they are very poor at things, but to some people who think that what they said was lying, and I disagree, I must be on the payroll or some sort of superfan for saying they didn’t lie. They were just being DTG, not being very quick and not being able to live up to anyone’s expectations. Anyone having very big expectations was always going to be disappointed.

15. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

To be fair they have sorted the issues with TSW2, they've killed it off and spawned another child that will most likely have similar problems!

16. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Jumping in to help clarify that at DTG we have multiple development teams.

We have a team which works primarily on addressing known issues and fixing the problems from routes in TSW2, as well as implementing the pres crew updates.

We also have a team that has been developing TSW3, starting much before SoS's release.

All this means is that the announce and release of TSW3 has no impact on our progress for the pres crew updates and TSW2 fixes. We didn't have to pull time away from the fixes to help with TSW3, it's simply just that TSW3 released first.

• Like Like x 3
  17. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I think your post perfectly represent the most common approach of the community to the TSW3 release (I'm not being sarcastic and also I don't mean such approach is neither good nor bad).

Me, I simply cannot buy product which I already know has flaws. I can't understand and I think I've never had met such situation in my life, where a company would be releasing new product with flaws populated from it's previous version. Usually new means: "We have found issues in our last product, identified it's roots, remove them plus added new deatures we think might make our product even better for you to use, hence we release it now". And that's why I will simply not buy TSW3, not until DTG will fix it to the point were red light/dispatcher, save game, rush hour passengers, night lighting and DLC limit on PS5 will be solved for good.

And will not have a feeling that I've missed anything, especially if, as DTG Alex said above, those fixed will be delivered for TSW2, which I own now.

But at least thanks to your post I understand now why people keeps buying TSW3, while knowing it will be corrupted.