Confused With Tsw3 Pricing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jamy, Aug 14, 2022.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

What happens if you already have southeastern high speed already, which pack should you go for? The only one i am missing is the Spirit of Steam route which i don't know why they can't make another standard edition pack for Spirit of steam, which comes with the other 2 new routes. It won't make any sense to get the deluxe edition just to get the spirit of steam because this will also include southeastern high speed which i already have, and the company said they are not going to refund any money even though you have the route already. This is a very hard decision to make and i am having trouble with which one to go for. :(

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If only because "not MORE third rail..." (even though HS1 is OHLE)
    I'd have been in a similar place though. I have all the current UK routes so those extensions "wouldn't help"

3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind third rail action if it were some 4CIGs or the like. I have so little interest in driving Electrostars.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Ìt is clear that the DTG marketing guys did not consider the position of existing users. The promise you get the updated Sos and SEH for free is kind of cheap, because you already get it because they are preserved TSW2 routes. Let's not forget new players get the class 465 for free as well, because it is now included in the SEH route.

So maybe it is not the most clever choice and indeed a bit insulting to the most loyal customers, but that seems to be normal in business.

Besides this, I will not buy TSW3 as long as it is not clear WHEN the game save issues will be solved.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  5. ARuscoe

I don't think that's true. People on these very forums have been asking for route extensions. The issue is that if you're a US player you get a new route, if you're a DE player you get a new route. If you're a GB player you get Ebbslfeet to Ashford and Gravesend to Dartford. (Yes there's a lot more to the update but that's how some people see it)
    SO it's the imbalance of this new shiny thing we're all supposed to get behind, whilst doing much of the same drives as we've had for two years already in SEHS
    But again, people have been asking for route extensions, so DTG are giving the people what they asked for

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yainderidoo

Yainderidoo New Member

As a new member to the TSW community I have NO idea what to do or don't with this TSW 3. Way to complicated for me, as I only want to drive some trains on a nice route to my liking. Why not sell the base sim (TSW 3) for a nice price and keep the add on routes, engines (whatever) and their updates outside of it. Except for SALE purposes maybe.
    So I decided to buy the base TSW 2 and New Journeys Expansion and not to forget the London Commuter Route.
    I'll wait and see till this TSW 3 storm blows over if I need any more then I already have.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I never asked or wanted SEHS to be the one that got the makeover and extension. At the risk of reposting what I said yesterday, my first preference would have been to see GWE go to Oxford with some or all of the TV branches (not Heathrow for obvious reasons) added.
    Failing that an extension to NTP, TVL or even an improved and longer WCL would have hit the spot far better.

8. ARuscoe

And I would have said "Yawn"...
    Adding a branch from the GWE is less additional gameplay than adding Dartford to the NKL because at least that adds more freight runs which the GWE branches don't
    For me add in York to Darlington and Eaglescliffe or something like that rather than some minor add ons that bring nothing new to the game. At least with Ebbsfleet to Ashford people get a longer high speed run (also asked for on the forum) and you wouldn't get that from branches... Maybe you'd get some going to Oxford, I don't know the speeds on that line well

9. ARuscoe

Just checked and there are a few freight runs up the Greenford line, but the remainder are just shuttles

10. OldVern

Well you would get another 18 miles of 125 mph to Didcot, slower beyond. Also open up scope for Cross Country services via Reading, not to mention freight at Hinksey and Didcot Yards plus all the Southampton intermodal traffic.

11. ARuscoe

I guess those would run on the Oxford extension. Still don't need the branches any more than we need the Sheerness branch except to do shuttle runs

12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

An extension eastwards of NTP in the same era would have been a better choice in my view, maybe with the addition of a Class 124 or would that not be correct timing?. I'm not too familiar with UK rolling stock history.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  13. OldVern

The 124's had gone by 1984, so might just have been before the era of the TSW route.

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And we still haven't got them. DTG can call the new expanded SEHS an "extension" all they like, but it isn't one: not in the sense users meant, and not how the term is used in connection with TSC.

• Like Like x 4
  15. ARuscoe

DTG have only ever done two extensions I know of, Medway Valley and Sheerness
    Other than that they did South Wales which was a bigger of the previous one
    So either way they have form

16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

They also did one for Soldier Summit and we may consider Meissen Branche as a route extension as well.
    For the Soldier Summit extension you had to pay and then you would get a combined route. Also some Swiss routes are available in a combined version for TSxxxx, but these are in the workshop.

17. ARuscoe

Yeah I wouldn't know about them being a "blinkered brit" (I only drive UK) but thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You need to broaden your horizons. There's a whole world of trains out there.

( Or are you just scared of those huge American diesels? :D:D )

19. ARuscoe

Nope, but I would get bored doing 25mph for half an hour... If I want to watch something ponderous and slow I'd look at Man Utds defence last weekend!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You really should try a US Freight route. It relaxing and fun. Or if it's really to slow for you, try a German route. I agree there is far to much red, but speed is OK, even in km/h which counts higher than Mph

21. ARuscoe

So is having a bath... If I wan't slow and relaxing I'll drive WSR (which I also don't do because, boring)
    That would mean learning the signalling and safety systems...

22. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

It's rewarding. :)

Cheers

23. ARuscoe

It's rewarding if you want to do that thing. If you don't it's just tedious.
    Some people say running 5k every morning is rewarding... erm, just no

24. Dewedin

Dewedin New Member

I'm in that position and got the Deluxe. Seeing it as £45 for 3 new routes (Kassel, Cajon, SoS) plus Training Centre doesn't seem too bad but I agree, they should have made owning SEHS credit at least £5 off the standard or deluxe editions.

• Like Like x 1