I Really Hope This Has Been Changed At Stratford For The New Tsw 3...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by joseph.gov.uk, Aug 15, 2022.

1. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

You forget that you have to speak in hyperboles around here.

2. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember reading all the stations on the Victoria line, built in the 60s, intentionally use the gradients to slow the trains on approach, and aid with acceleration on departure from stations, with the exception being Pimlico, as it was added late by public demand, when the line had already been planned so actually sits at the bottom of a gradual decline rather than atop a hump like the other stations. But given stations tend to be built as close to the surface as possible for a variety of logistical and cost reasons, the effect has been occurring since the first underground railways, for example I also read the original Northern line terminus north of the river Thames, King William street, was eventually abandoned because the incline into the station from beneath the river was so steep trains couldn't reliably manage it.

3. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

one for the flat-earthers :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

True...

5. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Kind of understandable, but extremely disapointing. Stratford Intl. in TSW looks, to put it bluntly, very bad.
    I was hoping that, when improving the old route, you would actually put an effort into fixing things like this, even if it isn't an easy job, but the more we see and hear of the TSW 3 SEHS the more it sounds like you don't actually intend on making it look good where it didn't previously.

It's just a massive shame that you're wasting the perfect opportunity to fix the mistakes that were made there.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I've been through there several times too and yes, I think it's very important. The TSW rendition is miles away from what it looks like in real life and that's not really acceptable if you ask me. I can't look at Stratford in TSW without immediately noticing how awfully flat it is, that wouldn't be the case if it wasn't an important feature of the station.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You could say the same about loads of features on loads of routes. Even the bridge next to Gillingham level crossing is wrong, let alone the depot
    I am also surprised they didn't do it right first time, but less surprised they haven't got it right this time.
    I expect they haven't changed the level of the cliffs round Higham either

8. joseph.gov.uk

joseph.gov.uk Member

Don't forget the new Elizabeth line!!!! 93437-626df7c4889d1d581d5c7e741ab749b4.png #purpletrain!!!

• Like Like x 1