Are You Giving Up On Tsw2 Now?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 13, 2022.

1. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

i still drive the original Berlin Route 92 in Omsi,

it's about the driving experience, and keeping my drivers record good, not about playing pokemon as i drive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

i understand there are completionists… which makes sense to me on games like Baulder’s Gate, Half life Alyx… or any title that has a definite endgame designed into the title itself.. however, it doesn’t make sense to me in a simulation like Train Simulator Classic, TSW, FSX, MSFS2020. But that is me… I was responding to the question if I was giving up on TSW2 so gave my point of view.

I understand the desire of some to get all the achievements and “master” all the mastery “challenges”. - That has never been my desire for reasons stated above and hence why I am not upset with that aspect of DTG releasing TSW3 - your mileage may vary which is ok….

• Like Like x 2
  3. gazz292

i dont get this completionists thing with a simulator game either,

once you've collected all the pictures of medals, and got all the virtual points, what do you do with them?

it's not like if you collect all the points possible the game ends with a video and a song,

Simulation games never end, you are supposed to drive the same route and timetable more than once,

this is where i love Omsi, you have a drivers record card, and the idea is to keep your drivers record clean, reduce complaints from passengers, drive safely, drive on time (being late is better than being early) learn your route and so on.

• Like Like x 3
  4. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I have completed all of the mastery challenges that I can , so I’m assuming that they will be kept on TSW3 .
    When I first got my PS5 I was a bit peeved that I had to start again on level
    One , but I have since got used to it and it’s actually not a problem for me to start over . In fact I found it fun to redo the scenarios, although I can understand how others feel who do care about having to redo the scenarios and collectibles . The game is different for different people.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Still driving TSW2 because I enjoy driving trains. The achievements, collectables and trophies are a side bar that don't really matter to me.
    I completed an express run on NTP this afternoon after a few failed attempts due to a passenger train in the long tunnel where you get about 100 yards notice of a red light

• Like Like x 4
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Do you not understand why other people enjoy or play games differently then perhaps you do?

Not to mention you can get rewarded for earning points on Xbox if you get achievements which can be used to get gift cards or enter sweepstakes for prizes on Microsoft Rewards

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I have to be brutally honest and say that having reinstalled TSW2 to test the "E" method of saving, I find myself increasingly wondering why I need to even bother with TSW3. Two new routes which do not leap out as "must have", an extended route of low interest factor. Losing all the Journey progress I've accumulated and (with the exception of the odd broken scenario) can still work on in TSW2 knowing that if necessary I can break off, save the game and come back later. None of the existing routes I enjoy - even the recent ones like DCZ - are going to benefit from the lighting and weather changes in TSW3. Oh and Training Centre/Center/Hub which will be like the similar features in all the other train games, probably totally ignored.

So come on DTG, convince me why I really should part with £30 or £40 for TSW3??

• Like Like x 8
  8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

If you see no value in upgrading to TSW3 right now that is completely ok.

Continue on with TSW2 until something you are interested in releases and tempts you to make the jump...and if timed right may coincide with a sale.

• Like Like x 3
  9. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

I gave up on TSW2, 3, 4, 5............ The day after i wasted my money on SoS.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

The only thing I have given up on is waiting for the Preservation Crew updates. I used to shy away from the routes listed as getting an update in anticipation, but not anymore.
    As for TSW3 and progress I find it a little annoying having to start from scratch again, but it doesn't bother me that much in the end as I play it more for the journey itself. With all the hype around TSW3 I have probably even started playing TSW2 more often lately.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

A little late to the discussion, but I've recently completely rebuilt my PC and haven't transferred the save-game over. As such, I'm back to square one on every route (bar a couple I fired up a few scenarios on to see how performance had improved) - ever since TSW3 was announced I put a complete freeze on playing TSW2 (decided to immerse myself back in to Subnautica instead) and will wait for release to start a clean sheet again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I’m a big stats geek and I do wish the miles and achievements I’ve compiled on all of these routes and locos would carry over.
    But I’m used to playing games where this stuff doesn’t carry over, so I really don’t have any expectation of this happening.
    All in all, I’m not really bothered, but it would be a “nice to have” for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Yes, I've already pre ordered the deluxe version for the Xbox Series X. After the 10% discount it was only $3 more expensive tham the srandard edition and I had enough rewards for a $5 gift card. So in the end I payed less than the standard and will have access for the 2nd, which is just before the long weekend here in Canada.

Also I didn't realize how strong the Canadian dollar is these days. The Canadian price is lower than the US price. And almost the same as the British price too.

Screenshot_20220809-201910_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220809-201851_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220815-202456_Chrome.jpg

14. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Strange that Xbox would be cheaper than Steam:
    Standard Edition $56.99CAD No discount
    Deluxe Edition $68.00 w/ 10% discount $62.09CAD

15. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

100% dumping TSW2 once TSW3 is out.

Disclaimer: Does depend on the quality of TSW3 of course, but assuming it is an improvement (which it would have to be otherwise why even make TSW3?)

Why dumping TSW2?
    1. Why play an older game with (again, disclaimer) worse graphics, physics and overall just worse than its successor?
    2. TSW2 is going to be deprecated no matter how much they claim it won't. Priority and allocation of resources will be towards the new product. Whoever will be left for support with TSW2 is going to be either the old bloke who is retiring soon or the disgruntled guy noone wants on their team anyways.
    3. If I am going to spend money on DLC and such for a game I want to do it on one that I know will be having strong support (see 2.) and with the newer improvements available (see 1.) rather than throw money at something outdated and obsolete.
    4. (and this one is definitely personal preference) I don't care if my progress is reset and my profile level is back to 0. This will just encourage me to work towards improving it. But I absolutely can understand that for some losing the progress is a heavy blow (however this is IF the progress is not transferred from TSW2 to TSW3.

Also, as a minor thing since I'm not that involved in it, I'm hoping/expecting a much better livery designer in TSW3 than TSW2. Honestly the clunky UI and 1995'esque way of making liveries in TSW2 is perhaps the main reason why I'm not really bothering with it much, even though I really enjoy making creative and personalized designs in games that allow it.

16. gazz292

i imagine a lot of people said similar to that when tsw csx became tsw2020,
    and again when tsw2020 became tsw1,
    and again when tsw1 became tsw2,
    and again with the rush hour thing,
    and again now tsw2 is becoming tsw3,

All the above happened over a ~5 year timeline!

• Like Like x 1
  17. orb

orb Well-Known Member

No. Maybe sometime after I buy TSW3, which won't happen in the coming months.

18. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

Instant. Pre-Order the best version for me (Standard version) because i am not interested in Steamlocos.

But! and that is the thing: I am complaining about the same things like you (bugs...! save game??? ...) but i think
    the only way to keep the train on track ;-) is to invest in it. I known there known as greedy, ok might be, but think about one thing:
    If there would not be enough cashflow what would be happen?
    Then the whole franchise would be abandoned....

I think the price is not cheap, but its fair for what you get. And it keeps our beloved SIM a chance for a better future.

DTG let me say you one thing: please listen to your customers. If you do, and beeing brave, then we create together a win win situation.

Cheers Mates :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If you want TSW3, then go right ahead, but you should buy it because you're happy with what it provides. You shouldn't be supporting it just because you feel sorry for it like it's that druggy friend from collage. Because just like that druggy if you continue to give it money unconditionally they're not gonna have a reason to improve otherwise, in fact it might be in their best interest not to.

Honestly I'm fairly ok with TSW3 for the most part, but the price is just too much for me given to grab any version of it. In a year after a few updates, some new routes that interest me, and the prices come down by half in typical DTG fashion then I'll reconsider it. But as is I'd much rather play with the Challenger that just came to TS Classic, or grab Run 8 V3, or maybe even try Simrail if that comes out soonish. Not to mention I have many other games and simulators sitting around in the backlog waiting to be played.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Personally I'll wait to see what the feedback on it is at launch and go from there. I'm sure I'll get it as some point, it just may not be day 1 if it's a mess. Achievement or progress are irrelevant to me in most games, especially in a sim. I have never cared about Steam achievements or completing scenarios so it doesn't matter to me whatsoever that such progress is lost.

• Like Like x 1