Ps5 Download Manager

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phillip.good, Aug 16, 2022.

1. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

What is happening here?

Last week on roadmap it was stated that this will be going live in TSW2 before TSW3 happens and then tonight the Q&A stream states that the 3 routes in TSW3 count towards the DLC limit and ‘we hope to have it in place once we map the 3 TSW2 core routes to TSW3’. So ‘if you want to save space don’t upload them’…..

5 seconds later the above was then followed up with ‘we hope to have the download manager in place in TSW2 before TSW3 goes live’ so a complete contradiction….. Aaaargh!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Seems to me they were saying the same as last week. They expect it to be released on TSW2 before TSW3 is released, and to release it on TSW3 soon after it is released.

3. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Not sure on who said what but it just sounded like it was just a incorrect info being given and then it was quickly rectified.

I would go on that TSW 3 routes do count towards the DLC limit but the TSW 2 core routes shouldn't be a problem as the DLC fix will most probably come first

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not a download manager. It’s a DLC manager within the game. The situation hasn’t changed at all from what they have said previously. It’s hoped to be in TSW2 before TSW3 releases but it won’t be in TSW3 at launch but soon after. There aren’t really any core routes in TSW3, everything is a DLC, so that’s why the bundled routes are counted towards the limit. At the time the core routes from TSW2 are converted to DLC the DLC manager probably won’t be in TSW3 yet so to save space you can wait to download those routes. It’s two different groups of routes. But in TSW2, the DLC manager might come before all of that. That doesn’t contradict the info about when it comes to TSW3. You can’t get the bundled routes from TSW3 in TSW2 at all.

so…
    relates to TSW3
    relates to TSW2

And just to be clear it is a DLC manager not a download manger as it negates the need to do any more downloading once all the routes are installed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Fair enough, i get the difference here but I guess I expected it to be done once for TSW2 and then the same manager to be ported over to TSW3 rather than done separately…. Then again, I keep forgetting it’s a whole new game and not an update so that’s my fault

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It would be so much simpler if it was all done together and even simpler than that if it had already been fixed but it is what it is. It all hinges on whether it gets through all the testing too. I hope so because we’ve waited a very long time for this fix.