Tsw3 Deluxe Pre-order Doesn't Give You Tsw2 Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Apparently it seems that preserved collection doesn't work backwards. I was curious to see if I'd receive a TSW2 Spirit of Steam copy when pre-orderering TSW3 Deluxe edition. Apparently not. No clue if it's the same for SEHS.

Ah well, I've waiting long enough for SoS, I guess a few more weeks won't hurt :)

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This may be the salient point.
    You haven't BOUGHT a TSW3 license, you've pre-ordered it, so maybe when that pre-order is fulfilled (2nd Sept) you'll get the TSW2 license as well (if indeed the license dispensing works both ways)

3. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

It has always been the case that DLC doesn't port backwards. I got ECW with the TSW2 deluxe edition and couldn't play it in TSW 2020. For this reason I always bought the TSW 2020 version of DLC where possible just in case I was playing the older game.

I'm in the same situation with SoS but happy to wait given the price I paid for it!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah could be the case. But just posted here to allow other people to be informed.

Never thought about that. Although I see little reason to play the content in TSW2020 when I can play it in TSW2, and similarly I don't expect to play TSW2 after I can play TSW3.

Yeah, I don't consider it a problem either, but I was just curious. Although I don't really see why they wouldn't just give the license to the DLC for older TSW versions if available.

5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If you purchase the TSW3 version of SOS and/or SEHS, those versions will not be playable in TSW2. If you have the current versions of those routes, they, of course, will be, in their current state. That's my understanding, at least.
    It's all a little cloudy.

It also appears that the Preservation Crew updates, including things like the BKL timetable and BML Rush Hour will actually appear in the TSW3 ported routes first and then ( hopefully) in the TSW2 routes at some later date.

I'm not sure any of us knows exactly how all this will pan out when TSW3 launches.

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's weird, DTG said that DLC would be combined to be 'TSW compatible' so one purchase (at least on Steam) will get you the DLC for TSW1, 2 and 3, depending on what games the DLC supports.

7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That was my assumption as well, but apparently it doesn't work that way.

Perhaps DTG JD could tell us if this is intentional or some kind of oversight?

8. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

To confirm: you'll receive the TSW3 version of the route, so it'll be available when Early Access goes live (if you pre-order Deluxe).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

So no backwards 'compatiblity' by giving the TSW2 version when buying the TSW3 version? That's intentional, if I understand correctly?

10. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

So i'll get all my current TSW2 Routes/Locos/DLC's, right? Once they become available for TSW3?

11. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

This is something I am wondering too. For now I am not buying a single TSW2 product until this has been confirmed. Not dropping cash on what will become a deprecated game/product if it doesn't transfer to TSW3.

I have this feeling that not all routes and locos from TSW2 will get transferred to TSW3. Somehow that just feels like it would have been way too much work for the team to do, not to mention how they love cash grabbing and having people rebuy routes and locos in TSW3 would be in their highest interest.

Maybe some of the more popular routes/locos will be transferred over, but again, I doubt it will be all. But hey, happy if they prove me wrong when the TSW3 release day arrives.

12. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

It's already been confirmed that everything *except the three core routes embedded into TSW2* will be available for TSW3 straight after the four day early access period has expired - with those three arriving as soon as they've been separated them from the main game. I think there are some slightly delayed locos as well but my knowledge of actual names of ingame trains doesn't extend beyond "red train, fast white train and really long yellow train" so I can't really help with that bit.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

Well, that's good to hear, although I'm still with some skepticism with 3 routes being excluded (for now) and possibly some delayed ones (how many? which? how many months/years until those are done?).

Then again, when the day arrives we'll see if my skepticism is unwarranted or not. Hoping for the latter of course.

Thanks for the heads up though!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Crosstie

This is why I have suggested (on other threads ) that deleting TSW2 now, which some players have done, is premature and not a good idea.
    Better to wait and see exactly what ensues on and after the TSW3 launch.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Thank god I'm not uninstall it yet, i just recently Pre-purchase the standard edition TSW3 since i've already own the SoS, fortunately me myself never bought the SEHS, so i think it is a quite good deal for me.

16. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I believe you should get Spirit of Steam in TSW2 as well if you preorder the TSW3 deluxe. The FAQ (and multiple other articles) mention the new “Train Sim World Compatible” system where a single add-on store exists for all TSW games. If you purchase an add-on, you’ll get it for all games it’s compatible with. There are a few exceptions (NEC New York from TSW2020 and the three new TSW3 core routes) which aren’t available for all games, obviously.

Maybe it’ll only start working on TSW2 once TSW3 has launched and you’ve actually downloaded or been given the add-on?

17. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Quoting this post as this is answers the OPs question perfectly. Once TSW3 launches and the store pages are updated with the 'TSW compatible' add-ons, SoS essentially becomes one of those as well.....so Deluxe buyers should see SoS appear in their TSW2 DLC as well. Although I see no reason why you would want to play the TSW2 version anymore....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

Was reading the article that got put up in the in-game Dovetail thingie.

It said TSW2 would be removed from the Steam store once TSW3 is released as TSW3 will include all previous routes (from my understanding) and there will be only one "Train Sim World" game (the new TSW3). You will still have your TSW2 in your steam library, but you can no longer buy TSW2.

So TSW3 will become the "one stop shop" for all the TSW content moving forward. Which to me at least is a good sign since then things will be more centralized into TSW3 rather than split up into the other different versions (and presumably in the future everything is also centralized within the same game). I'd reckon if/when TSW4 comes along it's simply a graphics and physics improvement over TSW3 and when you buy it then all your stuff rolls over from TSW3 to TSW4 as well.

Maybe I am overly optimistic though. But overall after reading through their article on the subject I'm feeling confident with moving on from TSW2 to TSW3.

19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Biggest downside is that newer players can no longer buy the bundled routes that TSW2020 and TSW2 offer. Although I guess it's likely that you'll be able to buy old Steam keys somewhere around the internet, just as you can buy older versions of TSC.

20. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

If it were simply because of the pre-order, than how do you explain the quote below?

21. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

There seems to be some confusion about how this will work this time round. As they are rebranding all DLC as TSW Compatible it's possible there may just be one license for each DLC, meaning you can use it with any compatible version of the game.

It doesn't seem clear though, so it may be the same as previous game update and you only get a DLC upgrade forwards, not backwards.

Either way I've bought the deluxe edition of TSW3 and don't yet own SoS so as guess I'll find out when it launches.

22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This would make sense given you get licenses for all forward versions (ie you buy a TSW1 route you get licenses for TSW2 and TSW3 but not backwards...)

23. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

A lot of questions regarding TSW3 are answered in this article: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001033452-train-sim-world-3-faq

Also there are some further details in this article in the news section as well: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/your-train-sim-world-3

Specifically this part I found interesting:

24. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Yes, that is true...that was the case for the TSW2 deluxe edition, but the way DLC is handled in TSW3 going forward for TSW2 & TSW2020 legacy DLC is changing:

From the TSW3 FAQ:

The DLC from TSW2020 and TSW2 will all be merged to a single store page. Buying a DLC with the 'TSW Compatible' logo entitles you to play it in any TSW game which it is compatibile with (including SoS which is included in TSW3 deluxe). It is all spelled out Black & white in the TSW3 FAQ

25. DTG JD

Hey folks, just wanted to drop a couple of bits in here to try to clarify things. I know this is a little complicated (I'm still struggling to get my head around it myself!), so I'll try to be as clear as I can. We'll also update the FAQs accordingly.

1. All TSW3-compatible Add-ons will be available to download on TSW3 on launch day (6th September)
    • Except SKA, BKL, SPG, and New Journeys, which will follow soon after. This is because their store pages need to be set up separately.
    2. If you already own Spirit of Steam and purchase the Standard Edition, you will get access to the updated route on launch day (6th September). If you've purchased the Deluxe Edition, you will gain access to the upgraded route on September 2nd, during Early Access, as part of the pre-order reward. All pre-order players will be able to play the 3 core routes during the Early Access window.

3. You can purchase at any point during the Early Access window (September 2nd-September 6th) and get Early Access.

4. Older store pages will not be available for purchase as of September 6th, but you will be able to purchase any legacy Add-ons through purchasing the TSW3 version, which will entitle you to access on any Train Sim World game you choose.

(this is except on Epic, which due to how their backward-compatibility works, mean that both pages will be live. They will however, take you to the same location to purchase, with blocks on to prevent accidental purchasing of content you already own.)

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  26. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Why does DTG have to make everything so complicated?

• Like Like x 4
  27. DTG JD

Sadly this is the way it works a lot of the time when you're dealing with 4 different Store providers which all have slightly different systems and functionalities. Believe it or not, this is us trying to simplify things as much as possible!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Crosstie

Don't you get early access to the routes if you buy the Standard Edition?

29. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no

30. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

DTG JD should this be lightning as opposed to lighting in the context of it talking about weather?

Please don't give this fix to Qa teams ;)

F97ECA3E-1A80-4A68-A167-4A706A3049AD.jpeg

31. DTG JD

You'll get early access to Kassel, SEHS Extended, and Cajon, but not Spirit of Steam.

32. Crosstie

Thanks for clarifying that. Since the Deluxe is only $4-5 more than Standard then, it's kind of a no-brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Update:

Per JD's announcement today, the three base TSW2 routes (Köln-Aachen, Bakerloo, Sand Patch) WILL be available in TSW3 at launch.

34. DTG JD

Yes, thanks for updating (think it was DTG Alex, but happy to take credit ;))

• Like Like x 1
  35. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Koln to Aachen handy as you can usually get an ICE run done without saving.

36. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Don't forget to bring us a souvenir from wherever you are going on vacation.

37. DTG JD

Thank you - I'll try to!

• Like Like x 1
  38. ibanez#4068

ibanez#4068 New Member

So how can I get Spirit of Steam and Southeastern Highspeed for TSW2? (For achievement completion purposes). These add-ons do not have the Train Sim World Compatible logo.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  39. DTG JD

The Add-ons Store pages will provide you with the route in whichever game you have (TSW2 or TSW3).

40. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yet another boo-hoo about not getting something for nothing that was clearly never promised in the first place.