Harlem Line Red Light Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by lachlan smith, Aug 16, 2022.

1. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

Hi All l hope everyone is doing well just wanna ask is anyone having red light issue problems on the harlem line at the moment

2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello friends, good morning.

I understand that the Harlem Line suffers from the same problem that Dresden-Riesa suffers, but with more problematic services, the famous trains stuck in the middle of the way, causing a red light in a domino effect, preventing you from going forward on your route.

These days I tried to resume Harlem journey mode, and I couldn't because several services have this problem, in Dresden-Riesa at least two RE50 services with BR146 I can't complete (CHAPTER 02 - PATH 3 and CHAPTER 08 - PATH 4) as it has trains stopped near the beginning of the Meissen branch and in the vicinity of Dresden-Mitte.

I really hope that DTG fixes these problems on TSW2, or AT LEAST TSW3.

Please DTG Alex and DTG JD check this, in addition to my numerous petitions regarding the sound of the 377 SN and 387 GX, which has great sound outside but bad sound inside cabin too low, wind sound too loud when opening left window, in addition to the security systems providing barely audible warnings, the M7 LIRR also has no traction sound.

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hy folks - this is encompassed in the 'Dispatcher/Save Game' section of last week's Roadmap. It's not hugely detailed, but it describes the process we'll be looking to take to solve the issues. I've shared the timestamp here:

4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, they should be fixed on TSW2 and TSW3. People have paid good money for this in TSW2 and have a right to expect it to work.

• Like Like x 4
  5. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD Thanks for the feedback, it just so happens that it's on your radar (although it's not necessarily on the topic of this thread, but I think it's a pending issue to resolve since Rush Hour was released), solving the 377 SN and 387 locos sound issues GX on London Commuter, as I explained earlier more focused on the mix inside the cabin and the M7 LIRR that doesn't have any traction sound, either for correction in TSW2 or at least coming correctly to TSW3?

I reinforce the colleague's idea, although I'm super excited about TSW3, I don't know if I'll be able to buy it, as well as many of my colleagues, who like me paid a good amount to have TSW2 and its add-ons and they don't work on these issues as they should, and will continue to play on it.

6. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

A personal footnote on the Harlem Line stopped trains issue; I (finally) picked up a PS5 last month, downloaded the PS5 version of TSW2 and was able to complete the problem route on my first attempt with no issues whatsoever. Which is strange, because I tried to complete that same route on PS4 at least a dozen times over several months and never could.

7. Maximus74

Maximus74 New Member

I.can confer here are my findings...

I played on PS5 the PS4 version of Harlem Line and it does not get red lights at approaching Crestwood, there was an M7A taking up a junction, which would not allow me to pass. So the problem is the addon being offered for the PS4 users on the PSN store for PS4 consoles. The PS5 Harlem addon version is fine and also the PS4 addon version on the PS5 store is working fine. The problem is the updated patch was not transfered to the PS4 TWS 2 Harlem addon on the PSN for the PS4 console. Can you kindly upload a updated version like the one offered on PS5 PSN so PS4 PSN users can enjoy your Harlem Line like it should be without red lights and not being able to complete mission 3.

You have 3 Harlem Line addon 1st for PS5 version only, works ok. 2nd for PS4 version on PS5 console which works ok. 3rd for PS4 version only on PS4, that is not working and experiencing Red Lights Bug and trains stuck indefinitely. May be outdated and never patched since release.

Please help everyone that has older PS4 consoles achieve greatness with your wonderful Train Sim 2. I am big fan and planing to get TWS 3 but, would like to enjoy your Harlem line on PS4 version on PS4 console just as I do on PS5.
    Thank You Humbly.

I already spoke to Sony and they stated coding for the addons being offered on PSN for PS4 & PSN for PS5 must be handled by Dovetail since they push the games and addons on their platforms. Sony just host them but, Dovetail writes the code.

It may be a simple fix but then again PS5 and PS4 might have different architectures and differ in coding but, if the dev can look at the PS4 version addon being offered on the PS5 PSN they can cross reference and might find the culprit code that is creating stalled M7A trIain to be creating a blockage of tracks thus red lights on PS4 version.

8. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

ok l will try and play harlem line and see what happens

9. tcmikaelsouza

Friend, if you have the Nahverkehr Dresden (Dresden-Riesa) line on PS5, can you please test the following journey mode scenarios?
    On PS4, on the first there is a freight train stopped in the vicinity of Dresden Mitte, and on the second a train stopped at the beginning of the branch to meissen, both generating a red light in a domino effect preventing these scenarios from being completed.

Nahverkehr Dresden Journey
    CHAPTER 02 - PATH 3
    CHAPTER 08 - PATH 4

10. Maximus74

Maximus74 New Member

Sorry m8 it's asking for 29.99 for me and I don't have this line but, maybe someone else with PS5 can help play the PS4 version since I found out that Dovetail might be pushing newer updates on the PS5 system that are corrected.

It's a bummer cause not a lot of folks have PS5 but I heard Sony is gonna make a ton of them soon with AMD chips and might bring a PS5 Pro and Slim versions also.

I have basically the Train World Sim 2 base game, with Harlem, & Long Island RR, Rapid Transit, Great Western Express, Sand Patch, Schhellfashrstrecke Koln, London Underground Bakerloo, Main-Spessart Bahn, & Northern Trans-Pennine. Mainly enjoy smaller commuter trains like subways. I wish they would make one of NYC subway as a stand alone because it's a huge system.