Kassel-würzburg / Tunnels And Bridges

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Pipe, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...when the train leaves the dark tunnel and enters the daylight you can clearly see the eye adapting effect in this video, which was detailed explained during the last live stream. So it's really great to have this effect in TSW3 now!

• Like Like x 2
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Personally I’m looking forward to opening these trains out and I’m very happy with a longer high speed route

• Like Like x 2
  3. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Awesome suggestion! And now with the new route it makes a lot of sense. The only thing I don't know is if the two routes are set in the same time space, something that could make it difficult to merge, like with Nahverkehr Dresden and Tharandter Rampe.

Hopefully in the future we will have route mergers. At the moment DTG is already serious about extensions as seen with SEHS. I think they want to go a step further, they know that in the long term they need to offer new things, and one of the most demanded and attractive things for the community is to create an interconnected network where we can feel that we are part of it as praxidike.meng said.

They are now programming a lot of AI movement at the ends of the routes to make it feel more alive. This was not done before, and it may be that all this work may one day make it easier to join up with another route, maybe not with older routes that were built without this possibility in mind, but with others that they plan to build in the future. They may be paving the way to make this possible, but that is just my guess.

4. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Probably not gonna happen since mergers were not discussed and we just got a route extension with TSW3. The Heigenbrucken tunnel on MSB was also closed replaced with a new piece of track and a longer tunnel. Unless the new route is also from the era when the Schwarzkopftunnel was in use, which is until 2017.

upload_2022-8-14_20-15-38.png

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Here is a great cabride of the route. The change in weather in real life is pretty amazing. I hope the dynamic weather can duplicate it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and this 185.2 Will then populate Main Spessart Bahn Ruhr-Sieg Nord Riesa Dresden. For the freight service, this is called a Parcel InterCity description in the German Wikipedia. Max speed 140 kmh 85 mph. If one owns Rapid Transit then get TSW 3 182 will spawn in. However EN490/491 Hans Albers Nightjet Fulda-Kassel gets the priority over this Parcel InterCity service. At the Gemunden area, EN424/425 420/421 goes first which forces the 185.2 to stop at the Rohrbach passing loop and then go after the Nightjet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Is anyone able to tell me why the journey time in game is only 1 hour and 10 minutes compared to the current 2 hours in real life? Drops down to 1 hour 45 minutes in December but that's still much longer.

8. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Someone wrote that the trains are rerouted in the current timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

The dynamic weather in the stream looked fantastic.

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

If you need proof of why duplicate locos need to be eradicated, look no further than Lukas (otherwise good streaming, no worries) trying to find the LZB equipped 185.2...

Btw won't freight locos subbing for this completely break the pacing on the route at night?

(Aaaand the new 185.2 has that super annoying buzz as well... *sigh*)

But the route looks pretty cool otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It shouldn't. Freight locos can't go faster than PZB speeds anyway. The only exception is the 182, but in freight service they're restricted to 120 or less by the wagons.

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They really just need to go into the loco icons and add the route prefix to their name.

Why this still hasn’t be done across all rolling stock is dumbfounding, especially with how often they’re re-packing the same rolling stock, and not retrofitting old versions.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It isn't the speed I'm worried about. The signals when not using LZB are significantly further apart, making huge minimum gaps between the trains.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Exactly. If it just said "185.2 (MSB)" it wouldn't be a problem

• Like Like x 3
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

After watching most of today's stream, I have a couple of comments:

Firstly, the headlights, if there are any, have absolutely zero effect both inside and outside of the tunnels and, as usual, add nothing to the night lighting

Secondly, the lighting changes and eye adaptation going into and out of the tunnels seems too abrupt to me. Shouldn't the changes be more gradual, especially exiting?

I couldn't see any better in the night run than I was able to in TSW2. So no better there, then.

One more thing: Where are the passengers? Wasn't this in the rush hour, around 7:30 - 8.00 am?

However, the weather transition was very well done and the sky was appropriately " moody ". I'm looking forward to seeing these effects on the older routes.

I think the train and track sounds were marginally better, but it's hard to say at this point. Electric trains are never loud enough in TSW.

Except for the weather effect, the sky box and the umbrellas, it all looked pretty familiar, kind of like TSW2.

This was a first and brief look at the route, so things may change before launch, but I'm not seeing anything that would make me sit up and yell " WOW! "

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Lukas had forgotten to turn the lights on the 401, and when JD reminded him, it made a noticeable difference inside the tunnels. I've no idea how close it is to prototypical, though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just a thought I had….. I wonder if when you enter a dead straight tunnel the clouds you have when you enter are the same as when you exit or if it regenerates a new cloud configuration.
    Random thought I had but it’s hard to know unless you can see the map when trying