Playing German Content Again: Advice And Recommendations Welcome For What Dlc To Get

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cloudyskies21, Aug 18, 2022.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.

With the new German high-speed route coming soon to TSW 3, this route has so far really peaked my interest. And it suddenly dawned on me, why do I hardly not play Germany content anymore?

Well, for context, I've been playing TSW for quite a few years now and, back in the earlier days, German content was my favourite, particularly Main Spessart Bahn. What I liked about the German DLC is that with it being mostly modern and in the same era, the amount of loco variation and routes was a big plus for me.

However, in more recent times, as more modern UK routes have come out, I've tended to focus on these instead and so I've hardly played much from my existing German collection. I really enjoyed them previously and, with a lot of DLC having been released since, I expect the gameplay experience on the German routes will be even better? Most importantly, it will be nice to play some fresh routes and rolling stock too.

Can the community give me recommendations and advice on which German routes/rolling stock to get. What's the best, what about timetable layers with new DLC on specific routes etc.

German DLC I don't have - Recommendations welcome here
    - Dresden-Chemnitz
    - Hamburg - Lubeck (should I wait for the timetable update?)
    - DB G6
    - DB BR 363
    - DB BR 187
    - Nahverkehr Dresden
    - Journey Expansion for DB BR 423 services on Köln
    - Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel – Würzburg
    - Luzern-Sursee (yes it's Swiss, but is it similar to regional or S-Bahn services from the German routes?)

For context, German DLC I currently have:
    - Rhein-Rhur Osten
    - DB BR 204
    - Main Spessart Bahn
    - Ruhr Seig Nord
    - DB BR 101
    - Hauptstrecke München – Augsburg
    - DB BR 182
    - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    - Rapid Transit
    - DB BR 155
    - Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen

• Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Most German dlc are quite nice. G6 is a lovely and really detailed shunter made by tsg. All services are unique.

Dcz is also good with the 612, 143 and the freight services.

I find hbl to be very generic. I get bored from driving it. Mostly flat, straight track. I only got it for the 182. I don't like the 112.

Dra is a great route because of the variety. Since you're on pc, you'll have all the layers. You have lots of trains by default and I quite enjoy the variety. 101 layers on here so that's a plus.

363 is a lovely shunter that adds variety to rsn.

187 is good but you'll need a sound mod cuz they couldn't get sounds so it's the broken 185.2 sounds but that doesn't solve the broken safety systems. I would hold off until after shg fixes it. If you're fine with the issues, then feel free to get it. I would strongly recommend a big sale or wait.

Journey expansion is good if you want ska to feel busy, especially on the koln side. Busy with 423s and other new service types.

Luzern sursee is nice cuz it's swiss. Even though there are express and regional services, they are all pretty much the same. You skip like 1 or 2 stations but that's pretty much it. It's not very different like german route sbahn or regional services.

Skw well it's part of tsw3 and we've only seen a preview of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

I can't comment on the Swiss route don't own it so that's only one I don't know about the rest I'll give my advice to u, the g6 is for rhein Ruhr osten and the 363 is for Ruhr sieg nord if u like shunting and different trains to drive these are for u and want some static trains for some of the German routes it's subs onto like koln aachen sits in sideings I don't how many more their on, dresden chemnitz great route great trains good layers on it same with rush hour dresden if like night driving as man u are in for a treat on that route amazing on it lots to choose from to drive so long got alot add ons and German trains brought,br 423 expansion yep worth it for all news timetable mode services u get for me anyway I think that,187 I like it I know the sounds are not right ones but the model the train is minted and I can look by it's prombles but I know lot people really don't like it so if I were u wait till it's on a sale or get a update from skyhook,hamburg route well it's alright on it current state with layers but I would wait till the new services come out it's not a route I've played alot of a prefer other German routes to drive tbh but with new timetable who knows, I'm sorry this is not a very in depth advice trust me their are better people on here that can help you just thought would give a point of view and try help u

• Like Like x 1
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The G6 is a must have just because it is made by TSG, so it has the highest quality in the game. It is a pleasure to drive. Period. Only reason not to buy it is if you absolutely hate shunting.

For routes, I would get Nahverkehr Dresden. It has almost every kind of service and looks great. It also includes the (blue) BR 363 and it has layers and substitutions using the DLCs you already have (including the awesome BR 101).

I would not buy the BR 187 just because its plagued with bugs and it does not seem like it is going to be fixed any time soon by Skyhook.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Riesa - Dresden is the gold standard with regards to German routes. It’s the only route in my collection that I finished the complete Journey on because it’s just so good and so varied. It has at least 9 different types of run:
    1. Dresden - Riesa stopper
    2. Meissen stopper
    3. Grossenhain stopper
    4. ICE Dresden - Riesa
    5. 101 Dresden - Riesa
    6. Freight using slow lines
    7. Freight using fast lines
    8. Freight to chemical plant
    9. Shunting

• Like Like x 6
  6. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Second that. I have all the German routes, and IMO even without loco DLCs from other routes, DRA is still the most varied route DLC in the game. But with the BR 101 and the BR 155 on top, it's simply a must-have. Not least because of the fantastic night lighting, the two branch line destinations and the cool three shunting services that you can play as one service in the game, where you go to Riesa to pick up tankers, drive them back to the chemical plant and shunt them into the yard.

Whenever I'm in a meditative mood late in the evening, I love doing a BR 101 night run from Riesa to Dresden in a snow blizzard. So soothing. I haven't confessed this to my computer yet, but I'm in love with Dresden-Riesa.

• Like Like x 3
  7. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I will also continue the chorus recommending DRA.

I am from the US and leaned heavily into US freight in TSC. TSW began my conversion to loving German routes and safety systems.

Now, if I could only have one train simulator route, DRA would be my choice - with all the layers of course! There is so much variety and so much excellent gameplay.

I really like DCZ and love driving the 612. I also really like HHL; it is a nice route and the two 101 services are fun. However, neither of these routes has the variety of DRA where you can start just about any service and not really be sure what is going to happen. TSW at its finest for me!

• Like Like x 3
  8. cloudyskies21

Many thanks to all who've responded to this thread - much appreciated! Based on feedback from here, sounds like Nahverkehr Dresden is a must, as well as the G6 for now. Might also get Dresden-Chemnitz and Journey Expansion for DB BR 423 services on Köln at a later date too.

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
  9. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

G6: Best german loco in terms of quality. It's an awesome little loco. Even I as someone who actually really hates shunting, fell in love with that loco!

Dresden-Chemnitz: Awesome route, scenery is top notch, the BR 612 is awesome and the timetable is well done. The G6 even subtitutes into the route. Normally the 363 comes with that route for shunting.

• Like Like x 2
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Go for Riesa-Dresden and it's going to change the existing routes you have meaning you are going to get a Riesa-Dresden locomotive on HMA HRR RRO Main Spessart Bahn and Koln Aachen these are 146.2 143 185.5. On Ruhr-Sieg Nord the Dresden 143 ends up being the dominant one replacing the RSN 143. My first RSN Journey run I got a Naheverkehr Dresden 143 being run by the AI that was the 14:09 RB56 Iserlohn to Hagen. DB BR155 can run on Riesa-Dresden including the 09:36 monster train to which you have enough tractive force to get it moving after Dresden Mitte because you follow the 09:33 Sggmrss container train.
    set traction force lever to 50-70% apply sand taps 1-10 then move it to traction force 70-130% taps 10-30 while sanding
    . I own RSN Riesa-Dresden from the Xbox sales. G6 does also run Dresden Chemnitz if you have RRO.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Enjoy! And let us know how you like DRA.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cloudyskies21

Thanks a lot, will do!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

I got DCZ yesterday and been having a blast with the 612 and the tilt feature. Really fun train!!!

The route is also beautiful and challenging as it has many steep gradients (up to 2.6% in places) which keeps you on your toes for overspeeding as well as making it challenging to run freight.

Really happy with DCZ so far and can for sure recommend.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

Doh missed your comment (what I get for trying to read forum on phone).

Nahverkehr Dresden is for sure amazing. Good choice. I still recommend DCZ as well though. Perhaps as a follow up later. Kinda wish Nahverkehr and DCZ were linked so we could do complete route towards both ends via Dresden, but oh well.

Have fun and watch out for the zwangs!

• Like Like x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree but it needs a DB BR1440 to link the two together with it coming from HRR RRO S-Bahn Nürnberg with the RE3 Hof RB30 Zwickau Destinations in addition to S-Bahn Nürnberg HRR RRO destinations for it.

16. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They are set in completely different years. Dcz is 2012 and dra is modern day so they can't be merged.

• Helpful Helpful x 1