West Cornwall Local Preservation Update?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Has the preservation crew been over this route at all?

2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

No its Rivet's route so we are awaiting them to update it.

It took 9 months for them to update Arosa so I'm sure it should be out in the next coupls of months.

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Rivets updates take long, but they will come in the end. Unfortunately skyhooks promises for the 187 update had more PR reasons. No word on that since HC released. At least Rivet tells you straight if they dont currently work on a update.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I hope that they correct all the scenery flaws and also make St. Ives and Penzance look realistic. In comparison to other routes this product should never been released as WCL. It should have been a fictional route.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  5. Well I've gotta give rivet credit where its due. Took a slow ride across the route and although the distant scenery is a bit bland there's quite a bit of attention to detail when it comes to closer scenery.

I can't speak as someone that knows the route well but even dtg don't make the stations and there surroundings 100% accurate.

Maybe driving in the 150 don't do the route any justice. But a slow ride in the 52 I payed a bit more attention to everything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Haven't played this route recently awaiting the update, so it'll be nice to see what improvements have been made. It's not a bad route necessarily, there's just more issues with it compared to other routes. A case of good idea, poor execution unfortunately.

It would be great if we could get a new timetable for WCL using the BR Blue diesels from DLoGW and NTP, one can only dream :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. There's a scenario pack on tsc. You can drive the jubilee or the class 52. Also found a substitution pack. Makes most of the br blues available as services.

• Like Like x 1
  8. swift19

swift19 Active Member

I always feel there is water missing when driving along the branch line. In TSC there is water in the estuary, but not in TSW2.

9. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

The WCL stations themselves look excellent but my personal feeling is that the bits in between (including the towns attached to the stations) don't look very good at all. The standout feature for me though (and the sole reason why I still play it an awful lot) is that driving the 101's along this particular stretch of railway is in amongst the best experiences I've had in TSW, so for me personally the general 'unloved' feel of the scenery can be largely overlooked.

Besides, Rivet's policy seems to be that they'll only fix a route when they've got something else to sell into it so if they ever do get round to sprucing up WCL then chances are it won't be a preserved style update - it'll be something you'll have to pay for in some way, shape or form.

10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Rivet did say during the island line 2022 stream, they are working on updating wcl and listed all the changes they are doing which mostly affects the 150 physics and sounds. When that will come out, we don't know but we'll just have to keep on waiting

11. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

My feelings as well. I think this route is underrated. I really enjoy the variety of Class 37 rides. There´re only a few scenarios, but these are well thought out and really fun to play. The stations seem to have been modeled with care. In between, indeed, it looks a little bit bland and repetitive with stock buildings. If Rivet could deliver a quality update like IOW, I´d be very grateful.