Horseshoe Curve Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheTipsyRaccoon, Aug 17, 2022.

1. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Having trouble making the trophies pop that are given for 10 miles driven in each loco. HSC: GEVO on the Move and HSC: GEEP GEEP!

I’ve tried no internet, new profile, even using the loco on a different route i.e. GP38 on Sand Patch. Nothing has worked.

Has anyone else got these recently and if so, how? Thanks.

2. BigH

BigH Active Member

I got HSC: GEEP GEEP with the CSX C40-8W DLC loco on SPG just doing services that come with the DLC. I don´t even have HSC, yet. The way trophies work in TSW in general always surprises me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

Same here (I play on PS5).

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheTipsyRaccoon

I sent a report to DTG and they fobbed me off with the fact that someone on PSNProfiles achieved them on the 15th Aug. I pointed out that was on PS4 and that PS5 hasn’t been tracked since SEHS.

So DTG JD, just gonna tag you again because clearly we have numerous cases of those two trophies suddenly not working and fixing them before TSW2 is totally abandoned would be the right thing to do.

5. TheTipsyRaccoon

Was this quite recent? I’d imagine it was quite early on in HSC’s life because the trophies seem to have broken recently as that didn’t work when I tried.

6. BigH

BigH Active Member

I am sorry to say, but i got it on PS5 on the 15th of August. And yes, i´m on psnprofiles.

7. TheTipsyRaccoon

Are you on the native PS5 game or the PS4 one? And can you explain the circumstances, did you do anything unusual to make them pop or was it just as you’d expect them to?

I’ve actually found it, you are the most recent person to earn that trophy on the PS4 version of the game. The PS5 version only lists 255 trophies instead of the full 411 and so Horseshoe Curve being one of the newest isn’t listed, so even if you got the trophy on PS5 as well, PSNprofiles haven’t listed it and DTG’s support staff can’t have seen it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  8. BigH

BigH Active Member

PS4 Version on PS5, only a few german routes and german and american locos DLC installed. I played a scenario for the GW40-8W on SPG and the trophy popped in the HSC list. Given that trophies in TSW often pop late and inconsistent, it might be that i played something with the original locos on SPG before, that i don´t remember. I can try to replicate that on the PS5 version next week, but keep in mind that i don´t own HSC.

I am trying to get the "New Yorker" trophy to pop on TSW2020 for the 3rd time now. It does not work reliably. DTG might say there is noothing wrong because others have got the trophie. Well, i would disagree.

EDIT: Had a look on my PS5 and i got HSC: GEEP GEEP on 16/08/2022, but i have not played the CSX C40-8W DLC in the PS5 Version yet. So the trophy must have popped from the original SPG locos.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TheTipsyRaccoon

That New Yorker trophy was an absolute headache for me too, I think I did NEC three times over and LIRR at least twice. I completely agree that the excuse “well some people have it” should not be acceptable. It should work first time, every time barring exceptional circumstances.